Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks LtLisa, Mad_Gater, Nolamom, Catysg1 and everybody. Spread the word - the shippy rebelion has started!!!

Note to self : stop sounding like a megalomaniac
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Why should we that don't want Pete gone stay away from this topic? Or is the world back to the ''if you dont agree, stfu"-state again?

Comment

Go on put me down.
        And on the topic of shouldn't his name have been Dick.
        Red.

Comment

Thanks Redneck!

What's your name, age and country?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Everybody including myself is happy that Daniel Jackson is back on the show. It was fan campaigning that got him back on the show.
            A common misconception. The truth is, Daniel Jackson is back on the show because TPTB wanted him back, and MS wanted to come back. It was a mutual agreement which had little or nothing to do with fan input. And if you think this is unlikely, then keep in mind that season 6 - the first season after Daniel left - had extremely high viewer ratings.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I read an interview with Michael Shanks in a magazine a few years ago, saying that the fan mail he reicieved was instrumental in his decision to return to the show.

He originally left, because he felt that his character was no longer of use. He realised that his character did have a use, as he was inundated by letters from fans. These letters forced him to rethink his situation, and he agreed to return.

i will also say that yes, TPTB did want him back, but why else did TPTB introduce the whole Jack/Sam storyline, if they didn't want to utilise it?
              sigpic

Comment

Fans like to make a difference...
                Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I've already stated that I like Pete as person and as a means to make Sam happy, given the current circumstances, however...

IF PETE PROPOSES TO SAM, I MIGHT HAVE TO HURT SOMEONE!!!!!!!!

Phew... Glad that's over.

Anyway, for the record, I respect AT and the writer's decision to keep Pete in next season, as long as they handle the storyline in a way that doesn't just have Sam get "some," while constantly pining over Jack. Jack IS the General, after all, guys, and everyone on the series has made it quite clear that they respect the US Air Force, and all of the regulations therein. It would explain why the ONLY times Jack and Sam have ever kissed have been because of the following:

1) Alien influence
                  2) Alternate reality, where Sam was a civilian
                  3) Jack had resigned
                  4) Sam was hallucinating

Am I missing any?

To make a long point longer, I think Sam and Jack should get together at the end (because Jack IS the man for her), but that the current storylines are great.

I also think that fans WERE one of the main factors in getting Michael Shanks back, and the writers/producers/directors/powers DO respect the fans enough to do something about it, if they feel that the majority are being... affected.

So post on, - haters (hehe), because they DO go on these sites, and they do pay attention to us... for the most part.

Thank you. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    ...why else did TPTB introduce the whole Jack/Sam storyline, if they didn't want to utilise it?
                    Oh, but they have used it, they do use it and they are using it. It - the whole Jack/Sam storyline...however one may interpret it - keeps people watching.
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      Why should we that don't want Pete gone stay away from this topic? Or is the world back to the ''if you dont agree, stfu"-state again?
                      Because its common courtesy; this thread is for people who don't like Pete to organize a petition about him. We don't like him, we want to discuss the anti-Pete petition, not debate about the guy. Thays for the Ship Discussion Thread. You wouldn't want us coming into a pro-pete thread and bashing him would you? There, you guys can talk about him, here we want to plan a petition against him. If you don't agree, thats fine, but this isn't the place to tell us about it.

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi
                      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

oh, Suekay...I have a message too:

I do not like Pete; he has nothing to do with Stargate (other than being Sam's boyfriend) yet he's everywhere in the show now. I don't like how his presence and actions have (in my eyes) destroyed my favorite character Sam Carter. This in no way is a statement about the actor; my problem is with the character. I truly feel that the character is ruining this once phenomenal show and I'm not happy with it. I don't want the show to focus on ship to the exclusion of everything else and thats what I feel the Sam/Pete relationship is doing. Yes, I want Sam and Jack together, but thats not the only reason I love and watch Stargate.
                        Last edited by LtLisa; 12 July 2004, 01:59 PM. Reason: make my message more pleasant

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                        ~Imzadi
                        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          A common misconception. The truth is, Daniel Jackson is back on the show because TPTB wanted him back, and MS wanted to come back. It was a mutual agreement which had little or nothing to do with fan input. And if you think this is unlikely, then keep in mind that season 6 - the first season after Daniel left - had extremely high viewer ratings.
                          I may be a "Common Misconception" but MGM & SciFi are the ones that put the ads on that said "You asked for it and we are giving it to you".
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam & Jack Shipper
                            I may be a "Common Misconception" but MGM & SciFi are the ones that put the ads on that said "You asked for it and we are giving it to you".
                            Of course they did. No matter what actually happened behind the scenes, how could the marketing people pass on an opportunity to suck up to the fans?

Comment

hey add me to the patition. i've sent you a PM with my name etc.
                              at this rate i'd settle for pete to just be gone please. the best way i can think of to do that is to put her with jack.

Comment

Since this is obviously an anti-Pete petition, why is the title of the thread "Shippy petition"? It's not neccessarily the same thing...

Comment

Working...
                                X