This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    I've already stated that I like Pete as person and as a means to make Sam happy, given the current circumstances, however...

IF PETE PROPOSES TO SAM, I MIGHT HAVE TO HURT SOMEONE!!!!!!!!
    I don't mind Pete proposing, it's her answer I'm worried about! I quite like the character, and I adore DDL, but if Sam ends up with Pete instead of Jack....

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
      I don't mind Pete proposing, it's her answer I'm worried about! I quite like the character, and I adore DDL, but if Sam ends up with Pete instead of Jack....
      i completely agree with everything you just said except for liking the character, which i did for the first bit of chimera, until he screwed up and turned into a k**b. sorry i juat can't stop the rage at the mo'.
      and i'm very worried about her answer

Comment

It's about time the writers made Sam lust after someone other than Jack. It was disgusting...he's in his 50's for god's sake...talk about making me gag. TPTB obssession with the Jack/Sam storyline was pissing me off to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          i completely agree with everything you just said except for liking the character, which i did for the first bit of chimera, until he screwed up and turned into a k**b. sorry i juat can't stop the rage at the mo'.
          and i'm very worried about her answer
          I'm a lot more worried about it now, since I've read the interview with DDL on Gateworld. It looks like he'll be in another one or two episodes, including the one CJ is writing. He said he could possibly be getting married or dying. And when he first appeared, TPTB were quite insistent that he wouldn't be dying....

Comment

Originally posted by jex_piperUK
            It's about time the writers made Sam lust after someone other than Jack. It was disgusting...he's in his 50's for god's sake...talk about making me gag. TPTB obssession with the Jack/Sam storyline was pissing me off to no end.
            And Sam is in her late 30's. Obviously you are a young person because as you get older the difference in ages doesn't seem to bother MOST people as much. My parents were 21 years apart in age and there was nothing bothersome about it.
            sigpic

Comment

There's 11 years between my parents, and they were older than average firs-time parents when I was born.

Who cares if Sam's only in her late thirties. Who cares if Jack's gonna be fifty two on the twentieth of october '04. (everybody asks how does she know that?)

Age should not serve as a barrier to true love.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                There's 11 years between my parents, and they were older than average firs-time parents when I was born.

Who cares if Sam's only in her late thirties. Who cares if Jack's gonna be fifty two on the twentieth of october '04. (everybody asks how does she know that?)

Age should not serve as a barrier to true love.
                Exactly. Heck I am older that my hubby and it doesn't bother me at all. There was a time in my life when I wouldn't have dreamed of dating someone younger much less marrying them.

P.S....I have spread the word about your petition so hopefully you will be getting many more names to add to it.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't want Sam and Pete to get married, as I feel it would mess with the show, but I'm seeing the good side of it: Shippers blowing their tops

Congratulations, you crazy shippers have completely driven away any part of me that used to like Sam/Jack ship. Pete all the way!!! *runs off to find Shadow to launch a Pete campaign bigger than SciFi's Atlantis advertising*

Comment

Methinks you must be a youngster!! To us oldies, age is not a problem!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                      I don't want Sam and Pete to get married, as I feel it would mess with the show, but I'm seeing the good side of it: Shippers blowing their tops

Congratulations, you crazy shippers have completely driven away any part of me that used to like Sam/Jack ship. Pete all the way!!! *runs off to find Shadow to launch a Pete campaign bigger than SciFi's Atlantis advertising*
                      Why are we anymore crazy than previous groups of this fandom? Because we want to send a petition? We have played nice and look where it has gotten us....a Stalker who masquerades as a "Nice Guy".
                      sigpic

Comment

It was disgusting...he's in his 50's for god's sake...talk about making me gag.
                        Hey...I resemble that remark. Well, not me exactly, but my husband might take offense.
                        Last edited by Anthro Girl; 13 July 2004, 03:04 AM. Reason: clarification...
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Age has nothing to do with it! Chemistry does.

To use a Farscapism, frankly, Jack has a heck of a lot more frelling chemistry with Sam that Pete ever will! And I haven't seen one episode with Pete yet!

COUNT ME IN!

Chris B. / 27 / United States
                          I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

Ahh, I don't know if you've been up-dated yet but in case you haven't, J.Mallozzi left a post #721 at the shipper thread. I think it's page 37-38 Very interesting!! Plus he probably checked in here too!

Sg-1Poz

Comment

Well he 's a bit older than her ...but men of that age can be sexy still and Jack is very sexy and Sam thinks so too ...her true love ....and CHEMISTRY , TRUST..RESPECT is the most important anyway....and Jack does all that for Sam.

Pete is a little Bratt....who does not know how to treat a lady ..leaving her like he did the morning after . plus other things I would not mention....he is a bad crush...and he's much too young for her in his maturity...he needs to ripe if he wants a woman like Sam ..At the moment ..I would give him a young girl in her early 20's . but definitely NOT a 30 + year old woman ..He can't handle it

ps ..to the one handling the petition ....
                              I already sent you a e-mail...

Caty Proud to be a Sam and Jack shipper .....
                              Last edited by Catysg1; 13 July 2004, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Play nice folks. Regardless of whether someone's viewpoint agrees with your's or not, you should still treat them with respect - the same respect you would expect your views to be treated with.

Remember we have a rule here - no negative personal comments about other posters/cast/crew. That includes groups of people too OK?

There is nothing in the opening post of this thread to restrict the discussion to just those that are anti-pete. If you're pro-pete you're just as entitled to be in this thread and put your view point across.

By all means disagree with someone's viewpoint if you want - that's what a forum is for.

But please, don't start having a go at people because they have that viewpoint. That's not fair, not nice, and not the way to have an adult discussion.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X