No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to have hear him doing the commentary about the episode as I read it took 10 rather than the usual 7 days to film.

Comment

Michael and Lexa are being quite vocal in their tweeting recently....on the political situation in the US, about Lexa's on-screen debut in "Arrow" and last night about the fact that Michael was cooking spaghetti bolognaise sauce whilst dancing to Rage Against The Machine....as we've known for many years Michael is a huge rocker liking Guns 'N Roses and Linkin Park to mention two, but RATM is a new one for fans....I applaud his ability to both cook, dance and enjoy LOUD music - because I'm sure it was L.O.U.D.

Follow their Tweets here....

https://twitter.com/MichaelShanks/with_replies

And here...

https://twitter.com/LexaShmexa/with_replies

Best. Showbiz. Couple. In. The. World....

Here's a pic of Michael and Lexa at the Walk for Multiple Sclerosis in 2010 and this photo is taken by my husband as we were privileged to be in Vancouver at that time and allowed by them to take a few personal photos of them doing their bit for a very important charity to them - Lexa's dad suffers from MS and has done for decades - please do NOT take or share anywhere else ...thank you...

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

What was Destiny? Photos look good! Thanks

Comment

Met Michael in Malmö, Sweden this weekend. First time meeting him, first time to a con altogether really, and I had a BLAST. Michael was super nice

I was very sad to hear about Saving Hope ending, it's been nice to have something to follow him in. I'm sure there are new opportunities just around the corner, at least I hope so

Comment

So happy to hear that you had such a good time! I had to smile reading your post as it brought back great memories of my first con and meeting Michael.

Comment

I watched the Q&A on youtube, he's so funny and such a pro.
              ...... and he needs reading glasses now :-)

Comment

After a three year break (and even HE couldn't believe it had been that long since we saw him) hubby and I got to catch up with Michael at Collectormania this weekend...The Man was absolutely awesome of course, chatted with us, posed for some photos for the FB Page, signed a poster for me and talked a little about some private stuff (aka non-fandom related chatter that was personal to me) ...I also got an amazing photo op where he hugged me the tightest I've ever been hugged, and a wonderful Michael and Ben Browder Double Photo Op too....I went to his panel (talk) in the afternoon which was funny (a few f bombs flying), informative, serious and as always with Michael seeming like only lasting 10 minutes because time flew by so quickly...oh and once again he always has a little joke with both myself and my hubby (who was hiding at the back of the audience and Michael kept beckoning him to come down closer )

The bonus part was as we were getting ready to leave & just hanging around in the middle of the hall waiting for a friend to come out of her photo op with Robert Patrick, up saunters Michael who was doing a little "Nerd Shopping" for the family (I think), he sees me and as I walk up to say goodbye he not only pouts and says "oh are you leaving already?" but envelopes me in another HUGE bear hug and shakes hubby's hand...we wished him a safe journey home the next day, sent our love to Lexa (along with finding out how they lost the two poor kitties ) and good wishes for Mia's first public singing performance, next weekend and I sort of "floated" home all the way...

I had a rotten cold, had a (first ever for me) MASSIVE anxiety attack the night before, but thanks to good friends, my hubby, some wine, a curry & Michael's absolutely WONDERFUL treatment of this poor old fan, I now feel on top of the world!!...

In the coming days I'll post a few pictures that I took....can I please ask very nicely for them NOT to be shared anywhere else or taken without asking my first, or giving me credit....and I might add that Michael was extremely appreciative that I had actually made an effort to take an online entertainment website to task for taking a photo of him and Lexa for an interview they gave and NOT crediting my hubby or MSOL (who he took the pictures for) ...Michael personally thanked me for doing this as he was NOT happy that credit hadn't been given...

My first "teaser" is that, even age and dodgy eyesight comes to us all...yes folks, he told me he needs them for reading and writing now....I think he looks really really handsome and pure Michael, not Daniel at all, but it does have a nice symmetry that he's wearing specs when "Daniel's Glasses" are an iconic Sci-fi image to me....

Enjoy!! and there will be more pics to come.....and yes, he did pose specially for me as I asked (very nicely) him to so I could take pics for the FB Page ...

And one without them...

Deeds xx
                Last edited by discodiva; 08 June 2017, 04:41 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your wonderful pictures with us and for the smile you put on my face with the cute stories! Michael looks great in the glasses!

Comment

Michael being his usual smiling charming self at the auto table....nothing is too much trouble for him and he makes you feel like the only person in the world...

Deeds xx
                    sigpic

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this article. I actually saw him give the goodbye bearhug! I had run into him once on his shopping spree and was trying not to do so again in case he thought I was stalking! I was actually looking for friends who weren't answering their phones ??

Comment

Just wanted to share my meet with Michael this weekend.
                        I actually met him earlier in the year at Malmo and when I went for my photo up he said, hello. Then another oh hello and gave me a lovely squeeze! I did actually go and speak to him later in the day when he was alone and had a non-fandom related chat. Such a lovely man so kind and funny.
                        Both. The Stargate chat he did with Ben Browder and his own 'talk' were so good. He was such a pro when a real ...... Asked him a couple of strange questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentisbury View Post
                          Thoroughly enjoyed this article. I actually saw him give the goodbye bearhug! I had run into him once on his shopping spree and was trying not to do so again in case he thought I was stalking! I was actually looking for friends who weren't answering their phones ??
                          Don't worry I've often been called (or perhaps I should say "subtly called/referred to as") a stalker from some in the fandom, although thankfully none from this board or amongst my group of Hussy friends on here (as far as I can recall) but thankfully both myself and Michael, whose opinion is the most important to me, know that I'm not...he's a kind man, always happy to make time for myself and my hubby and I guess that after allowing us to walk with him and his family for 3 hours chatting about all and sundry I guess he's old enough and big enough to know his own mind over the behaviour of his fans...

I have loads more shots of him but might just link to a few that I will set up in a separate photobucket account...or you can grab a look at my Tumblr where I've started to upload a few..I don't think you have to have an account to see them, I'm not sure..

https://karaokesoul32.tumblr.com/

Deeds xx
                          sigpic

Comment

What was wrong with this site yesterday? I'm annoyed beyond..... *grrrr*
                            I loged in - clicked on 'reply to thread' - wrote a long report about my first con and meeting ever - clicked on 'post quick reply' .......and what happened.....only thing I saw was ' ....lots of guests on this site atm....etc....and that I'm NOT loged in!!!
                            How could that happened? Tried it again later, but still didn't work I got the message 'invalid post'

Sorry, but I'm not going to write it again.
                            See if this gets trough. :-((((

Comment

Strange....I don't think I was on the site yesterday but I'm trying a couple of pictures now from last Sunday...can't believe it's been a week already and I miss those hugs ....

These were taken with my iPhone...quality is not great but not just because of the phone but because he's soooo animated with his hands and face all the time and it's nigh on impossible to get a non-blurred in some parts pic ...

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I did go over so speak to him after his walkabout, shopping! I did wonder at one point on my quick reverse not to stalk whether to just walk past him! Or offer to carry some of the bags which had grown! I felt that his shopping was his private time but when back at the desk it was acceptable to approach him!

Thanks for telling me about your photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X