Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

News from The Hub Productions over the re-arranged date for the Stargate Celebration Convention with Michael, Rick, Amanda, Corin and Gary...the dates have been moved due to Michael's landing of a film role that he can't turn down...so his Stargate colleagues agreed to move the dates ...here's the news release from The Hub that appeared on their Facebook Page...

We're very sorry to have to make this announcement, especially so close to the event, but we've just received word that Michael Shanks has been offered a film role for the event dates that he can't turn down. We've looked at all the options and discussed it with Richard and Amanda, but they feel we shouldn't go ahead without Michael - what kind of reunion would it be without Daniel Jackson?

Luckily, Michael, Amanda, Richard and the other guests have put their heads together with us and come up with new dates that they can attend. Those dates are Saturday the 4th of November in Sydney and Sunday the 5th of November in Melbourne.

If you've already purchased tickets, you should have received an email regarding the change in dates. Your tickets are automatically transferred to the new dates, unless you can't attend, in which case the email contains information about your options.

It's not ideal, but we all wish Michael success with his film, and just because it's happening a little later, it doesn't mean the Stargate awesomeness will be any less in November!

Will keep you posted on more news re Michael's film when it comes out...

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Very excited to hear about the film!!!!!

Comment

So glad Michael has got a film coming up, wonder if it's a TV film? He said in Birmingham he had been reading scripts.

Comment

Final episode of Saving Hope tonight...for me I will probably wait until next week to watch and avoid all the furore on Twitter and Social Media....I know many are lining up to rant but tbh I don't see the point...it's done and dusted and I shall thank the cast (especially Michael) for all their hard work and then move on to supporting him in his next venture and beyond.....I've never been as invested in the SH Fandom as the Stargate one and Daniel Jackson still remains my favourite character on television..if Charlie had been given more of the main role in many of the episodes and not just the sidelined ghosty bit for many I think I could have got "with it" more....I also don't "ship", I "slash" and then only J/D so the fanfic and fandom side of it leaves me cold....

But thanks Michael, once again you proved that you're a consumate and talented actor and director, I hope you go on to do a lot more....especially directing...I think you're most certainly the best actor turned director that I've seen in a long time...

Deeds xx
            sigpic

Comment

I have enjoyed watching Michael in his role as Charlie. Charlie was what made this show special for me. His story was unique and I do wish more time had been spent on Charlie's story rather than the hospital stories I've seen so many times before. I did grow to enjoy the character development of other cast members over the seasons, but Michael is such a fine actor, he could have been given bigger stories and with his amazing acting chops this show would have been one of a kind!

Comment

Yep as a fan coming from a Sci-Fi background and being used to a complex character like Daniel Jackson it was purely Michael's awesome acting that kept me coming back to this series......I would have prefered the story to have revolved around Charlie but with Erica Durance as Producer from day one and the fact that this was to be her special project there was no chance that it was not going to start and end with the focus on Alex Reid and how life affects her....sadly for me I didn't find the character or the actress inspiring enough to make it truly believable...Michael did the best with what he was given and certain scenes were outstanding thanks to him.....the Christmas episode will always stand out in my mind (S.4) and will probably be the one I go back to....poignant not schmaltzy imho....but I appreciate all the hard work the whole cast and crew did on this and it's been nice to follow on Social Media with "behind the scenes" photos from the likes of Tatiana Shanks and Ben Ayres...but it does make me wonder what Stargate would have been like with "Live Tweeting" etc...

Deeds xx
                sigpic

Comment

The Christmas episode was a very memorable one as well as the episode where Charlie was trying to help a little boy find his body and finding out the boy was an organ donor. I believe Michael acts very well with kids in pivotal scenes.

Comment

He does...as this "outtake" from the final episode proves....the twins who played Baby Luke obviously adored him as their onscreen dad...<3

sigpic

Comment

Love the outtake of Michael and Luke(s). He works and gets on so well with children, much better than Erica did, they never seemed the same in her scenes.
                      I did watch the last episode and found it a powerful piece of acting by all the cast, but of course Michael's acting did as usual standout with the pathos of it all - I won't say more as I don't want to spoil it for everyone else! Saying that I have to applaud Ben and Michelle for their parts.

Comment

First picture from what we think is "Welcome Home Warrior" the Hallmark Christmas film that Michael has just started shooting with co-star Julie Benz ...it's "short back and sides" and uniform (and what looks like a "whumped leg") for this one.....

Posted on Julie Benz's Twitter account...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

Another bts pic from "Welcome Home Warrior" this time tweeted by Michael himself...looks like a flashback...

Nice to see him break out the Desert BDUs again

Deeds xx
                          sigpic

Comment

Two more behind the scenes pics from Welcome Home Warrior...An Instagram Story post from Julie Benz and one from the director Paul Kaufman

They are spoiling us with this one and it's really nice to be able to promote pics of Michael again...

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

Another bts picture..."Eyes Right Soldier!" (or left who knows )

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

So frustrating that photo bucket no longer working! Would have loved to have seen the behind the scenes from Hearts or Spring ?

Comment

Working...
                                X