Hahahahaha! Sounds like RDA! Love it
    sigpic
    Sig made by Nola
    Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
      Hahahahaha! Sounds like RDA! Love it
      It certainly does!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Very good points on Sha're/Daniel, Selene. I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Here's what RDA had to say about that kiss:
          Love it! Was that in the companion books?

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
            Love it! Was that in the companion books?
            Yep. I found them at a used book website for about $1 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
              Believe it was a Shiba Inu I read recently whose dog it was, but can't remember. But not RDA's, that I do remember.
              Well, now I do know more about the dog. His name was Boomer and he was owned by a woman who had a brain tumor. The Make-a-Wish foundation asked for her wish--her wish was that Boomer be on TV. He first did a commercial, then was on some TV shows including SG-1 in Singularity and on an X-Files episode, and more.

Quite a story.

Comment

Well, now I do know more about the dog. His name was Boomer and he was owned by a woman who had a brain tumor. The Make-a-Wish foundation asked for her wish--her wish was that Boomer be on TV. He first did a commercial, then was on some TV shows including SG-1 in Singularity and on an X-Files episode, and more.

Quite a story.
                Aww!
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

heartbreaking story.

Comment

Past and Present

Summary:

SG-1 visits Vyus and finds that the inhabitants suffer from collective amnesia. They meet Orner and Mayris, both of whom are astounded to find out that SG-1 remember everything past the "Vorlix". We aren't told what the "Vorlix" is immediately, but we find out, eventually, that the entire population seems to comprise only young-ish people. They are taken to meet an important young woman in the government called Ke'ra who has been using her brilliant gifts in medicine and science to help the citizens.

Ke'ra, Orner and Mayris return to the SGC so that Frasier can study the problem. It's finally revealed that the "Vorlix" was a catastrophic event that had been indirectly caused by Dargol, an insecticide that had affected the food chain and caused barrenness in the population. As Daniel and Ke'ra start to develop an interest in each another, DNA tests determine that Ke'ra is in fact, Linea, the 'destroyer of worlds' who escaped from the SGC in the episode 'Prisoners' and fled to Vyus where her tests for longevity had also caused mass amnesia. The inhabitants of Vyus, as a result, were given back their youth but lost their memories in turn.

Ke'ra's skills however, are still needed. She finally synthesises the cure of amnesia when Carter and Fraiser cannot find a solution on their own. But she also begins to remember who she is and when the cure is finally found, she secretly takes a dose back to her quarters to use on herself, unable to believe that she's the cause of the chaos of entire civilisations. Instead, Daniel tells her that she can forget again. In the closing scene, we see Ke'ra with her memories wiped and on this blank slate, returns to Vyus with her friends. With the fade-out, we are left with the implication that Ke'ra remains a potential threat.

General comments:

1. Daniel, Sha're and Ke'ra/Linea

Having "Forever in a Day" preceding this episode forces an inevitable comparison between Sha're and Linea/Ke'ra as Daniel's love interests. I thought Ke'ra was more compelling and complex as a character, conveying a greater range of emotion in a single episode than Sha're ever did in the series and as creepy as this sounds, she felt like a better fit for Daniel. Sha're death fell far short of tragic in my opinion, and I thought there was greater and deeper pathos produced in the scene where Ke'ra realised she was actually Linea.

2. Daniel and Jack

There were several key conversations that made me sit up and take note:

DANIEL: Irrefutable? Ok, so let’s just, uh, lock her up, throw away the key then. Or better yet, we could send her back to the prison where we found her.
                    O’NEILL: Linea, Daniel. She used to be Linea. We’re lucky she didn’t knock us off the first time around.
                    DANIEL : Let me ask you a question: Who would you trust with your life more than anyone else in the world? Don’t worry, I won’t be offended if you don’t pick me. Could it be Teal'c?
                    O’NEILL : Sure.
                    DANIEL : Uh, Teal'c, just refresh my memory. What was your previous occupation?
                    TEAL’C : I was the First Prime of Apophis.
                    DANIEL : Right. Did a few nasty things back then?
                    O’NEILL : We see the subtle point you’re trying to make.
                    DANIEL : No you don’t. She is not the same person. She is not who she used to be. Let’s not condemn her for who she may have been in the past.

O’NEILL : Hey. I heard the test didn’t go too well.
                    DANIEL : She’ll figure it out.
                    O’NEILL : Listen, I’m not saying the first woman you’ve fallen for since Sha're isn’t a peach…

They stop.

O’NEILL (cont’d) : But if she remembers who she is, you’ll be the first to go.

The Jack-Daniel moments in this episode embody much of their relationship throughout the series: fraught and sarcastic at times, a negotiation of what's right and wrong in all the shades of grey, the constant but opposing forces of practicality and safety against the more unruly flux and sway of human emotions. Their exchanges are sharp and play out like a verbal tussle; Daniel, who has a gift for analogies, explanations and figurative speech, tries to appeal to grey edges of Jack's moral framework, but it's still a show of erudition for which Jack has no patience. Instead, Daniel never manages to make his point and is countered with the typical O'Neill sarcasm that cuts straight through to the problem at hand. What we see in this episode is a dynamic that's uniquely Jack and Daniel, a reminder that these two men have a relationship that I suspect Sam and Teal'c don't come close to understanding at times. In fact, I can't help but think of S4's 'The Other Side" where Jack and Daniel tussle bitterly over Euronda and Alar, an issue that's picked up and articulately discussed in the Fandemoniun novel Alliances.

In all, perhaps it's best summed up by RDA and Michael Shanks in a convention this year as "kinda gay".

Sam and Jack:

CARTER : Exactly. Now what if there really was a laboratory accident? Some massive chain reaction of enhanced D’Argol gas that caught even Linea by surprise? The entire population becomes young again overnight. You realise, of course, the implications.
                    O’NEILL (nodding) : No.

CARTER : Well, if those two bodies that Kera found really were the Vian elders that Linea was experimenting on…
                    O’NEILL : Don’t say it Carter.
                    CARTER : Sir, we wouldn’t recognise her even if she walked in the front door.
                    O’NEILL : Don’t, don’t…
                    He puts his hands to his ears and starts singing.
                    O'NEILL: La...la...la
                    CARTER (loudly, pulling his hands away from his ears and holding him still) : Sir, she has the knowledge of chemistry, the medical skills…

The cute scene in Sam's lab was my shippy stand-out of this episode. I loved how distracted Jack becomes the moment he sees doohickeys to play with and how Sam needs to pull his attention away from them. It's lovely to see how they've already 'grown' into each other and this looked so domestic that I just had to smile. I wondered again, how much Jack was playing up that dumb persona that he's got pat down and how much he really doesn't know when he contradicts himself by nodding and replying in the negative.
                    Last edited by Ikorni; 08 July 2013, 03:33 AM.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Great review, Ikorni! I loved that episode. SJ_green.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                        CARTER : Well, if those two bodies that Kera found really were the Vian elders that Linea was experimenting on…
                        O’NEILL : Don’t say it Carter.
                        CARTER : Sir, we wouldn’t recognise her even if she walked in the front door.
                        O’NEILL : Don’t, don’t…
                        He puts his hands to his ears and starts singing.
                        O'NEILL: La...la...la
                        CARTER (loudly, pulling his hands away from his ears and holding him still) : Sir, she has the knowledge of chemistry, the medical skills…
                        Great review, I love this scene.
                        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Thanks for a great review, Ikorni

I don't remember much from the episode apart from thinking "please don't start trusting her" once we learned that it was indeed Linea who caused all this.

Comment

Awesome review Ikorni I love all the little moments between Sam and Jack. Their personalities really complement each others so well. Sam is always so serious while Jack and laid back and goofy. They really bring out the best in each other. No one can make Sam smile and giggle like Jack can.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                              If someone wants to marry me... bonus! I can live with someone buying me a house.
                              I can see where Sam is coming from though. It was overpowering. And Jack would never do that because they're equal. And Jack is very much a gentleman.
                              But for some reason I can see Sam coming home and finding a dog. Jack would look at her innocently and say "the kid(s) made me do it."
                              There. Right there....you captured it in a single sentence. WELL DONE!!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              any body know the breed of dog that Jack gave cassie at the end of "Singularity?"
                              Believe it was a Shiba Inu I read recently whose dog it was, but can't remember. But not RDA's, that I do remember.
                              Gatetrixer beat me to it. Shiba Inu -one of my favorite breeds.

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                              Thanks! I have to admit, I didn't really think too hard about Sha're. I wasn't too sad to see her go, actually. I mean, I wasn't happy, or anything, but I wasn't sad. I guess the character in the series just never clicked for me the way she did in the movie. That's actually one of my biggest grievances, actually. <snippy>
                              Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                              And to follow up with this, I consider Sha'uri and Daniel the "Sam and Jack" of the original Stargate movie. <snippy>
                              I'll have to chew on that awhile: a lot of good points there.

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              Past and Present <snippy>
                              Nicely done!

jack lalala.png
                              (not mine -just found it & love it)
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789
                                Thanks! I have to admit, I didn't really think too hard about Sha're. I wasn't too sad to see her go, actually. I mean, I wasn't happy, or anything, but I wasn't sad. I guess the character in the series just never clicked for me the way she did in the movie. That's actually one of my biggest grievances, actually.
                                It's not surprising to find the character of Sha're in the movie made more of an impression than the one in the series. Both actresses are lovely, but the one in the movie really had more to do than the one in the series. The movie was on TV last weekend and I watched it (having not done so in several years), and I didn't remember until seeing the movie that Sha're was actually the one that started the insurrection when the boys got all upset about breaking some of the rules. She told them what Daniel had told her about the false god and what they could do about the situation. And she was with them when they trekked off to the pyramid to start their retaliation; she didn't stay behind in the walled city.

Comment

Working...
                                X