Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Sorry all, but with my work and holiday schedule I'm not going to be able to do a review of Enigma. So feel free to talk it over now or if someone wants to jump in and give the review you have my blessing.
    no worries, thanks for letting us know, i will try and cobble a review together
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      That's ok...I don't think we need to start the Season 2 rewatch until after the New Year.

no planning on starting in new year, lots of other stuff to keep us occupied next few weeks
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, wait till after the new year!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

ENIGMA

Synopsis

The SG-1 team rescues a group of advanced humans from a planet near destruction, and must find a new home for the refugees before the Pentagon gets their hands on them

General Discussion

A good episode, but then again I feel that all episodes from halfway through season 1 improved, wether that was because the stories had developed more or wether the characters had developed or wether it was just because i was growing used to and falling in love with the characters.

Again this episode we meet another advanced race, their world overtaken by a volcanic eruption and the remaining survivors rescued and brought back to the SGC by SG-1. We meet their leader Omoc who frankly annoyed me, whilst i understand he is protecting his people and their technology he seems to forget they wouldnt be alive if it hadn't been for SG-1. We also meet Narim, the first of many men to fall for Sam (and the first of many to meet their untimely death!!!) and whilst I'm not overkeen on Sam having relationships with anyone other than Jack I do like how Sam is when she is relaxed in Narim's company, we get to see lots of smiles and laughs which we dont get to see too often. I love the cat too We also get to meet Maybourne for the first time too, a character that becomes an important part of the SG-1 journey over the years. It is a nice storyline, I like how Daniel volunteers to assist the Tollan to leave Earth and go tot he Nox homeworld because unlike his colleagues he cannot be court marshalled. Lots of good team interactions

Sam/Jack

Not much really, they work together nicely as a team as always but the emphasis is on Sam and her relationship with Narim, which Sam is so completely oblivious to the attraction at first, but we see that quite a lot with Sam over the years. Also we can't be too hard on her because there is no relationship other than friends with Jack at this point. I'm not sure wether I saw much of Jack's reactions to Sam with Narim throughout this episode, but correct me if I'm wrong

overall a nice episode, but not really big on the shippy scoring

Sorry for the briefness of the review, I just wanted to get something up quickly to keep us on track
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Suzi!!
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Thank you Suzi I so think of this episode as the 'cat' episode lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                Thank you Suzi I so think of this episode as the 'cat' episode lol
                Haha So do I

And yes thanks Suzi
                sigpic
                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

This episode always bothered me because, being a pet owner myself and knowing how close I am to my GSD, I couldn't imagine sending my pet off with somebody simply because they didn't know animals and were intrigued by them. I mean, I might have gone off to get him a pet of his own, but there's no way I could have given up my fur kid. Now, I know not everyone is as close to their pets as some of us, but that always struck me as sad.
                  Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                    This episode always bothered me because, being a pet owner myself and knowing how close I am to my GSD, I couldn't imagine sending my pet off with somebody simply because they didn't know animals and were intrigued by them. I mean, I might have gone off to get him a pet of his own, but there's no way I could have given up my fur kid. Now, I know not everyone is as close to their pets as some of us, but that always struck me as sad.
                    I know what you mean...that did strike me as a little odd (and they didn't elaborate on her struggling with the thought).

As a side note...I am struggling with the idea of taking in another furbaby:

george.jpg

The problem is that I have a 12 year old anxious female cat who may love it or hate it...rather a 'Schrodinger's cat' situation of my own. I just have to open the box, in a manner of speaking.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      I know what you mean...that did strike me as a little odd (and they didn't elaborate on her struggling with the thought).

The problem is that I have a 12 year old anxious female cat who may love it or hate it...rather a 'Schrodinger's cat' situation of my own. I just have to open the box, in a manner of speaking.
                      I'd grow really attached to a pet - attached enough to not want to give it away to someone like Narim (who I personally find a bit creepy). I'd have problems giving it away to even a close friend for a while.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                        Yes, I prefer to believe it was a cat she got from the pound or something and just gave him the name Schrödinger as she had to name him something and thought it would be "nice" for such an advanced alien. Because really, who gives their cat away? To someone whose people have treated their planet and animal life so badly there haven't been animals on their planet in generations? Like Narim would know how to care for a cat! No wonder we never saw Schrödingen anymore after Pretense, he probably died thanks to Narim.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

When I think of this episode Enigma,I think of THE WORST KISS EVER! And not for the reason that Sam is kissing someone other than Jack. It's just horrible. Narim goes in slowly for the kiss. The camera goes in close. Then it looks as if Narim stops. Not in tht sexy, anticipation way, but in sone weird "I'm in control, making you wait" kind of way. Then it looks like Sam is like "well? what are you waiting for? ok, I'll finish the kiss so we can just get this over with ".

Although, I suppose that if Narim's kiss had been sexy,then I would resent that even more since it's not Jack. NO satisfying me, I guess.
                          Last edited by RamonaThePest; 20 November 2012, 01:14 PM.
                          sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                            When I think of this episode Enigma,I think of THE WORST KISS EVER! And not for the reason that Sam is kissing someone other than Jack. It's just horrible. Narim goes in slowly for the kiss. The camera goes in close. Then it looks as if Narim stops. Not in tht sexy, anticipation way, but in sone weird "I'm in control, making you wait" kind of way. Then it looks like Sam is like "well? what are you waiting for? ok, I'll finish the kiss so we can just get this over with ".

Although, I suppose that if Narim's kiss had been sexy,then I would resent that even more since it's not Jack. O satisfying me, I guess.
                            So you were pretty much...satisfied that it was an awful kiss because it wasn't Jack? *lol*;p
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Sam really knows how to pick 'em

I'll be honest, I've had pets and I would have gladly given them away. But I'm not a pet person. Of course, I don't know that I would have given it to Narim. Pretty sure we never see the cat again, so I'm going to take that as a sign that kitty died. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                                So you were pretty much...satisfied that it was an awful kiss because it wasn't Jack? *lol*;p

Haha. I guess. I edited my post to say "NO satisfying me." And once again - as to that kiss - YEEECH!
                                sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Working...
                                X