Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    There was and they wrote the damn thing (Jack got promoted to head of HWS and Sam moved out of his chain of command to Area 51 for a while) but never had the guts to follow it through! Bless him, Joe Mallozzi tried but was overruled by the other writers in season 9.
    ^ I just read that in a wiki article yesterday. Too bad. Mallozzi being in the minority is unfortunate. It seems that often, the writers with the best ideas usually are in the minority, imo.
    sigpic

Comment

FOOTHOLD
      Synopsis (provided by Stargate Wiki):
      Little does SG-1 know, mysterious aliens have taken control of Stargate Command and are impersonating the personnel. Teal'c and Major Samantha Carter notice and escape. While Teal'c tries to stop them, Carter reluctantly seeks the NID to help stop them.

Favorite Lines:
      (during SG-1’s post mission checkup)
      How is a needle in my butt going to get water out of my ears?
      :janet: It isn't. Come on sir, you know this is standard procedure.
      We should rethink this procedure.

(Sam to Maybourne after calling “Hammond” and having him send "Daniel" and "Jack")
      Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week. Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?

attempting to rescue Teal'c by pretending to the guards to be an alien)
      (monotone voice) I have come for the bald prisoner.
      (the guards open the door and Jack steps inside)
      (to Teal'c) You will come with me.
      I will submit to no further experiments.
      Oh, but you will...
      (jack zats the guards and is freeing teal'c)
      Colonel O'Neill, I presume?
      what gave it away?

General Discussion:
      at first when i saw this episode the first time, i thought to myself that yes, Carter and Teal'c are hallucinating and there is nothing wrong, at least not what looks to be at the first, but no - there was something really interesting going on, what kept me nailed to the screen all the time. Stunning.

This is an excellent episode that demonstrates, with flawless clarity, the biggest danger of running the Stargate Program, is having a team go off-world only to bring something deadly back, in this case, alien impostors.

Anyway the story seemed very plausible and flowed extremely well. Carter's character definitely got a chance to shine here, it was great to have just her against the forces of the SGC in a race against time to stop the incursion.

Having Maybourne as a sort of accidental hero was great and set up episodes further along in the series in which he is also helpful. This episode is the first episode where we see that good ol' Harry really does have earth's interests first, despite being sleazy in the way he defends earth. An all-around action packed romp you will surely enjoy.

This episode shows us the first appearance of mimic devices (that will return later in the series in the episode entitled "Smoke and Mirrors"

S/J Discussion:
      not really a shippy moment but when sam tells jack that they needed to stop the aliens from escaping through the stargate due to the fact that they knew everything about them and jack is like "EVERY thing?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...5&d=1374190399
        FOOTHOLD
        Spoiler:

Synopsis (provided by Stargate Wiki):
        Little does SG-1 know, mysterious aliens have taken control of Stargate Command and are impersonating the personnel. Teal'c and Major Samantha Carter notice and escape. While Teal'c tries to stop them, Carter reluctantly seeks the NID to help stop them.

Favorite Lines:
        (during SG-1’s post mission checkup)
        How is a needle in my butt going to get water out of my ears?
        :janet: It isn't. Come on sir, you know this is standard procedure.
        We should rethink this procedure.

(Sam to Maybourne after calling “Hammond” and having him send "Daniel" and "Jack")
        Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week. Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?

attempting to rescue Teal'c by pretending to the guards to be an alien)
        (monotone voice) I have come for the bald prisoner.
        (the guards open the door and Jack steps inside)
        (to Teal'c) You will come with me.
        I will submit to no further experiments.
        Oh, but you will...
        (jack zats the guards and is freeing teal'c)
        Colonel O'Neill, I presume?
        what gave it away?

General Discussion:
        at first when i saw this episode the first time, i thought to myself that yes, Carter and Teal'c are hallucinating and there is nothing wrong, at least not what looks to be at the first, but no - there was something really interesting going on, what kept me nailed to the screen all the time. Stunning.

This is an excellent episode that demonstrates, with flawless clarity, the biggest danger of running the Stargate Program, is having a team go off-world only to bring something deadly back, in this case, alien impostors.

Anyway the story seemed very plausible and flowed extremely well. Carter's character definitely got a chance to shine here, it was great to have just her against the forces of the SGC in a race against time to stop the incursion.

Having Maybourne as a sort of accidental hero was great and set up episodes further along in the series in which he is also helpful. This episode is the first episode where we see that good ol' Harry really does have earth's interests first, despite being sleazy in the way he defends earth. An all-around action packed romp you will surely enjoy.

This episode shows us the first appearance of mimic devices (that will return later in the series in the episode entitled "Smoke and Mirrors"

S/J Discussion:
        not really a shippy moment but when sam tells jack that they needed to stop the aliens from escaping through the stargate due to the fact that they knew everything about them and jack is like "EVERY thing?"
        Spoilered for space.

Great review! I really like this ep too and Sam's lines are pretty awesome. It's been a while since I've seen it though so I can't remember all the details hence no longer analysis!
        Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

I LOVE Foothold!

I liked the part when Jack punched alien Frasier, and the guilty look on his face when he had to unbutton her shirt to get to the device... RDA has great comedic timing! And it's always nice to see Paul Davis again!

There is a cute and funny little fic that takes place post-Foothold, where Jack continuously teases Carter for shooting his doppelganger. It's called The Principle of Cause and Effect by Miss Pollifax. It's M (S/J are in an established relationship in this fic, but it's not that explicit, imo). #31, http://www.fanfiction.net/u/793107/Mrs-Pollifax

Comment

I just watched episode "Grace".Oh, it was horrible, the end scene. Sam waking up, calling him Jack instead of a sir. And Jack saying "excuse me". It's like Jack knew Sam had made a decision to move on. I mean, Jack from season 4 (for example) would have touched her at least.

(sorry for bad grammar, English is not my 1st language)
            sigpic
            Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

There's some shippiness....

There's a look that he gives her when Maybourne credis Sam at the end...and also when mimic!daniel first sees that Jack is okay in the room he's ("daniel") really happy.

Also when mimic!danie changes back to Sam in the holding room Jack looks relieved.

That said, I LOVE foot hold. Also loved that it didn't wrap up neatly - they will never know about the ones that escaped, how they will use the info against them.

Comment

One of my favorite episodes: "Window of Opportunity"

Jack kisses Sam 2 minutes into the video ^
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I watched a few episodes of season 7 and was very glad to see some shippiness, at least before "Grace". Maybe Daniel´s return had something to do about it... End of Evolution was nice. Loved how they smiled at each other <3

I'm not sure if I want to see episodes where Sam is dating Pete.

But I couldn't help myself, I had to watch 3 last episodes of season 8 .I wanted to see the "happy ending" (ship-wise of course, lol) of Sam and Pete. Although I felt a little sorry for that poor guy.
                  Fishing scene from Möbius would have been a perfect ending for the show. Just my opinion.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Well I'm all caught up on the watching, but still way behind on the commenting. I'll get there. You'll see! Just, not tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...5&d=1374190399
                      FOOTHOLD

[...]

S/J Discussion:
                      Thanks for a great review - and I absolutely love the banner

Had forgot about the "EVERY thing" line from Jack - thanks for reminding me

Comment

Random,

but I was watching SMALL VICTORIES the other day and noticed that Sam actually says "Yasureyabetcha" in that. (a bit after the "I don't Carter, you might not be dumb enough" comment)

Does she ever say any other "O'Neillisms" other than "for cryin' out loud" in Point of View (I think...) onscreen?

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                          Random,

but I was watching SMALL VICTORIES the other day and noticed that Sam actually says "Yasureyabetcha" in that. (a bit after the "I don't Carter, you might not be dumb enough" comment)

Does she ever say any other "O'Neillisms" other than "for cryin' out loud" in Point of View (I think...) onscreen?
                          she said "ya think" in "Threads".

Comment

Someone recently pointed out the scene where they are in the briefing room in Ripple Effect. She says "I got nuthin'... Yet" it is kinda O'Neill of her especially with her body language.
                            sigpic

----------
                            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

In Continuum she says 'what is left to say except kiss your ass goodbye?' To me that's very Jack, petulant and to the point.
                              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Sam says "D'oh" in Line in the Sand when Mitchell hands her coffee and turns out it's decaf.

Comment

Working...
                                X