Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    you really need to catch up.
    I do agree! If not, Sparky, you wouldn't know what we're all talking about each time we talk about an S/J scene beyond S2!
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Popcorn (shared) and Barq's root beer. Fine by me. Any other flavor of soda?
      Thanks for sharing! As for pop (or soda, or whatever lol)...I do Barq's, Mt. Dew, diet cola sometimes, orange pop, Dr. Pepper...depends on my mood

Comment

How about some Milk Duds?
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
          How about some Milk Duds?
          Ooooohh milk duds! I haven't had those in years!! Please share!
          sigpic
          Sig made by Nola
          Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            Seasons 1 and 2
            ???

have they taken it off the air after those season where you live? (i mean, even here in germany, where we have to wait years sometimes till a good show is put on air because they got to dub it and they take ages to do it...not that i need it (i don't even want them to, i can comprehend english, so why watch them screw it over in the translation - and they almost always do!), they have already shown us all seasons of SG-1, SGA and SGU (also SGA was even worse then normal in the german dubbed version...how they pronounced MALP in the first SGA episode made me stop watching right away (!) - it was good that i had already seen the first season in english))

and yes, you should catch up - it is really worth it (even more if you are a shipping person - lot's of scenes to see

greetings LAX
            ps: are you planing a party because you are talking about food-stuffs? (root beer, popcorn etc.)
            pps: what does this root beer stuff taste like (german do not normally have that - and i do not live in a metropolitan area, where i could get it at certain stores that carry american foods)?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
              If we're having buttered popcorn we also need Twizzlers. That's just me, I need something sweet with the salty.

Sparky, there is so much great Stargate left to see, I hope you can see season 3 and 4!
              I'm going to be getting seasons 3 and 4 in time to do my next review.
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

i'm more of a skittles fan as well as red vines. maybe a snickers. speaking of candy what do you jack and sam's favorite candy is?
                Well, we know Jack has a sweet tooth with all the cake and pie he is seen eating in the commissary, but don't really recall him eating candy, nor Sam. I will speculate and say Sam likes the dark chocolate and Jack prefers the sweeter milk chocolate.

Comment

I'll sit on the sidelines, with a big bucket of buttered popcorn and some soda and watch the free-for-all.
                  Oooo! Party! *plops myself down next to hedwig*

Popcorn (shared) and Barq's root beer. Fine by me. Any other flavor of soda?
                  Pepsi.

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                  Buttered popcorn? This is new to me - then again so was apple butter and I liked that.
                  Your first apple butter ever or apple butter on popcorn???

which seasons have you seen?
                  Seasons 1 and 2
                  Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  Sparky, there is so much great Stargate left to see, I hope you can see season 3 and 4!
                  Oh, Sparky! There is so many wonderful episodes ahead for you!!!

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                  ps: are you planing a party because you are talking about food-stuffs? (root beer, popcorn etc.)
                  LAX: See the conversation earlier:

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  Boy, I can't wait until you all read my review of Hundred Days. It's going to start a war!
                  Why would it start a war, and please leave me out of it!
                  Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  Because my opinions of the episode are radically different from the norm and I plan on expressing them.
                  ...so hedwig said she was going to camp out with popcorn and watch the fireworks...and others joined in... >.<

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                  pps: what does this root beer stuff taste like (german do not normally have that - and i do not live in a metropolitan area, where i could get it at certain stores that carry american foods)?
                  Umm...it has a distinct sassafras taste/aroma (if you've ever had sassafras tea?) -but sweeter, because more sugar and carbonated, like soda.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Your first apple butter ever or apple butter on popcorn???

Umm...it has a distinct sassafras taste/aroma (if you've ever had sassafras tea?) -but sweeter, because more sugar and carbonated, like soda.
                    First apple butter ever, a friend of murrinholi's sent her a jar over, it was so different to what I expected but I remember loving it.

I've only ever tried root beer in the form of jelly belly beans so they obviously won't taste right but I remember them tasting sort of spicy. Is root beer spicy?
                    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

First apple butter ever, a friend of murrinholi's sent her a jar over, it was so different to what I expected but I remember loving it.

I've only ever tried root beer in the form of jelly belly beans so they obviously won't taste right but I remember them tasting sort of spicy. Is root beer spicy?
                      Yeah it's kind of spicy, kind of vanillary, kind of tastes a bit like TCP...lol it's an acquired taste, but I adore it
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

I'll have to admit that my first apple butter was after I came to the USA at college age. I love it and even make it myself now.

Root beer has a little spiciness to it...but the sugar balances it out.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

serpent's song review will be up by tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Root beer has a little spiciness to it...but the sugar balances it out.
                            Spoiler:

And Barq's has a little bit of a kick to it (possibly due to the caffeine?). It also may have more or less vanilla flavor, depending on the maker's recipe. Barq's and A & W are the best (in my opinion), but only if you get the A & W at one of their restaurants. Then, it's to die for!
                            When I was in 4th grade, we actually made our own rootbeer for our Christmas party. It was pretty good, if I remember right. You can actually buy the extract in the stores.

Comment

Spoiler for an OT recipe for Rootbeer.

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by brendini View Post
                              You can actually buy the extract in the stores.
                              You can brew sassafras root, add sugar, and reduce the tea down into a syrup to which you add carbonated water (plain ol' club soda will do). Add a dash of vanilla and you've got the rootbeer the way it started out. I remember doing that with my mom when I was quite young. Since then I've always preferred making my own. But then again, I stick to a pretty much all natural, organic and local diet.
                              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                                Spoiler for an OT recipe for Rootbeer.

Spoiler:

You can brew sassafras root, add sugar, and reduce the tea down into a syrup to which you add carbonated water (plain ol' club soda will do). Add a dash of vanilla and you've got the rootbeer the way it started out. I remember doing that with my mom when I was quite young. Since then I've always preferred making my own. But then again, I stick to a pretty much all natural, organic and local diet.
                                Spoiler:

Wow...I didn't know you did your own! The only ones I know are cans from the store.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X