Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello there!
    Im afraid Ive been hiding in the shadows for the last couple of weeks working up the courage to post!
    Always been a massive fan of SG1 (and Sam and Jack of course!), but Ive recently had surgery... and aside from the fact that I cant do ANYTHING for the next couple of weeks, it has given me an excellent opportunity to rewatch my stargate dvd collection

Anyways, I just wanted to say a big HI to all of you here... this thread has been making me smile while Ive been tucked up in bed and shipsgiving was amazing! Ive just been looking through the posts and can't stop grinning.

Hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday and hope to see you all again very soon !

P.S Narim... what a little sweetheart, but oh my, he made me cringe SO MUCH.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
      Haha. I guess. I edited my post to say "NO satisfying me." And once again - as to that kiss - YEEECH!
      It was fine with me. Mostly because it was so tentative and somewhat awkward. No comparison whatsoever to kisses between Sam and Jack, which were rather smolder-y.

Comment

Who's Narim?
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by smeaaaa View Post
          Hello there!
          Im afraid Ive been hiding in the shadows for the last couple of weeks working up the courage to post!
          Always been a massive fan of SG1 (and Sam and Jack of course!), but Ive recently had surgery... and aside from the fact that I cant do ANYTHING for the next couple of weeks, it has given me an excellent opportunity to rewatch my stargate dvd collection

Anyways, I just wanted to say a big HI to all of you here... this thread has been making me smile while Ive been tucked up in bed and shipsgiving was amazing! Ive just been looking through the posts and can't stop grinning.

Hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday and hope to see you all again very soon !

Welcome to the thread It's terrible to be stuck in bed but at least you've got some nice Sam and Jack goodness to keep you distracted!!!

I didn't like Narim as a possible lover for Sam, but I did get a kick out of his infatuation of her. She seemed so awkward and unsure of how to deal with his feelings for her, especially when she had to use those to try to get information about his people. Overall I thought it was a good episode. I love to see them interact with races that possess superior technology, though I did want to punch Omoc when he refused the people of the light and insulted them.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            Who's Narim?
            He's one of the Tollans, who first show up in "Enigma", and who had a huge crush (immediately upon meeting Sam) on Sam. He pretty much chased after her throughout the whole episode, and he's the person that Sam gave her cat to. There was what I call an awkward kiss between Sam and Narim right after he gave her a piece of technology that recorded his "feelings" about her. He gave it to her so she could feel what he felt, and then there's this kiss, which Daniel interrupted.

One of the things that irritated me about the Tollans is they had no sense of humor and kept themselves almost as aloof as the Aschen in "2010". They were all a bunch of snobs who looked down their noses about everything and Narim even insinuated that earth folk were "less than" the Tollans in every way, including Sam, who is likely even smarter than Narim or pretty much anyone else among the Tollans.

Comment

Originally posted by smeaaaa View Post
              Hello there!
              WELCOME!!!
              So glad to have you -as you rewatch the dvds, discuss here with us -we love the new people's fresh perspective. We've been doing a Season 1 rewatch, and the current ep is 'Enigma'.

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
              I didn't like Narim as a possible lover for Sam, but I did get a kick out of his infatuation of her. She seemed so awkward and unsure of how to deal with his feelings for her, especially when she had to use those to try to get information about his people. Overall I thought it was a good episode. I love to see them interact with races that possess superior technology, though I did want to punch Omoc when he refused the people of the light and insulted them.
              Same here.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              One of the things that irritated me about the Tollans is they had no sense of humor and kept themselves almost as aloof as the Aschen in "2010". They were all a bunch of snobs who looked down their noses about everything and Narim even insinuated that earth folk were "less than" the Tollans in every way, including Sam, who is likely even smarter than Narim or pretty much anyone else among the Tollans.
              agreed
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome

I agree! I loved seeing Sam deal with an admirer, but I didn't ever really see Narim with her; I could understand her being interested in him intellectually as she could obviously learn a lot from him, but romantically? I dunno, the idea made me cringe a little ha.

Omoc, really annoyed me in that bit too.. I know the Tollan are a lot more advanced than the people of the light, but the SG teams deal with more primitive people all the time and they never act so rudely! I have to admit, the Tollan as a race did grow on me though and I'm glad we got to see them a couple more times throughout the show. And in this episode, I was happy the Nox got a little look in.... I always thought it was a shame we didn't get to see more of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                  Who's Narim?
                  He was played by Elizabeth's fiance
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    He was played by Elizabeth's fiance
                    Who's Elizabeth?
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      Who's Elizabeth?
                      Elizabeth Weir, from SGA. I mentioned that as I know Sparky is a Weir/Shep shipper.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Elizabeth Weir, from SGA. I mentioned that as I know Sparky is a Weir/Shep shipper.
                        And proud of it!
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I did a double take when I realised that! Didn't know that actually, because I watched Atlantis first, then SG-1.
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            I did a double take when I realised that! Didn't know that actually, because I watched Atlantis first, then SG-1.
                            I watched it the same way but now it's funny whenever I rewatch the first episode of Atlantis... I keep thinking when did Narim come back from the dead and how did he make it to Earth???
                            sigpic

Comment

I watched it the same way but now it's funny whenever I rewatch the first episode of Atlantis... I keep thinking when did Narim come back from the dead and how did he make it to Earth???
                              He had a twin brother who was raised on earth. They were separated at birth.

Comment

Rewatch Ramblings for Singularity - this is my longest review yet, oops! Sorry about the length, I just really like this ep, haha. Bloody character development always reeling me in...

I don't think I'll ever quite catch up with the rewatch, I always seem to be a couple of eps behind. Too much uni work to focus on!
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Working...
                                X