No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the subject of Singularity fics, I quite like For the Love of a Child by Denise - it's a good look at what Sam may have been thinking/feeling about Janet getting to adopt Cassie, when she may have wanted to adopt the girl herself but couldn't.
    sigpic
    Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
      On the subject of Singularity fics, I quite like For the Love of a Child by Denise - it's a good look at what Sam may have been thinking/feeling about Janet getting to adopt Cassie, when she may have wanted to adopt the girl herself but couldn't.
      Gosh, that was sweet -and a very nice lead-in to the friendship that Sam and Janet developed. WOW Skydiver -nicely done!
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

here's my review of Cor-ai

COR-AI

Synopsis:
        SG-1 is captured by the inhabitants of Cartago. They particularly want Teal'c, who was responsible for the death of the father of one of the men while he was still First Prime of Apophis. The inhabitants prepare Teal'c for Cor-ai, their version of a trial. Despite being told by Teal'c not to interfere, Colonel Jack O'Neill does not want to go along with the process. Soon, Jaffa arrive to take some of the inhabitants as hosts.

Favorite Lines:

(when Teal'c refuses to be rescue)
        Teal'c, you're going back with us if I have to knock you out and carry you myself. Got it?

Favorite Scenes:
        This episode had some great scenes but a few that stand out is when O’Neill is trying to get Hammond to allow him to take a couple of SG-teams back to Cortago to rescue Teal’c. and Hanno finally realizing that Teal’c isn’t the same the jaffa who murdered his father.

General Review:
        A meaty episode and a little tedious, too. This story gave us a look beneath Teal'c's warrior demeanor, and we find a bit of a softie. He's always known he'd done terrible things in the name of his god but had to do them anyway until the Tau'ri. That he felt for the subjected wasn't too surprising after knowing him a few episodes in. But for him to be willing to die for the one child whose loss stared him in the eye, as penance? Ye gods, Teal'c, or as Jack would say, 'oh for crying out loud!'

What a time for Teal'c to get burdened over his past deeds. I thought his stubbornness went beyond even the TV bounds of reason. What saves this ep is the neat writing where the whole team tries to defend him. Jack used Daniel's experience with Teal'c to good effect, and Sam and Daniel's input made for nice team unity. For all of it to be in vain because the complainant has all the control was another good tension point. It was indeed a kangaroo court in Jack's words.

Also Jack's passionate plea for Teal'c to allow himself to be rescued was an interesting referral to Jack's own ghosts from his military past. Jack wasn't half bad with his turn as a barrister.

As nice as Chris Judge's performance as the guild ridden Jaffa was, I was still not convinced of his motivation. Unless he was in a state of depression; after all he'd given up, left behind, and now considered a friend of the very people he'd have killed, maybe it all became too heavy. Having lived over a century, a mental review of all his deeds, in the face of his conscience, would be a terrifying recollection to live with. Whatever, it got old fast; his lines were just too repetitive, I guess.

Hammond was used to good effect. While the team assumed that Teal'c had earned his status as an ally, Hammond dropped the 'not-one-of-our-own' bomb. Teal'c was, in the eyes of earth's military, a war criminal who was bound to meet justice sooner or later. The stunned expressions on Jack and Sam's faces showed how hard this hit them. Of course we see that this isn't an easy decision for Hammond.

Other thoughts:

Daniel's skill with words was put to good use here. Shanks earned another nod for portraying his unshakable faith in Teal'c and his fervent defense to the court. Had this been a juried trial, the reaction of the people to his words would have turned the verdict to Teal'c's favor.

Oh, to be the hands doodling on Teal'c...Oh, wait. OK, that strange ritual looked ticklish. Wonder if Chris laughed during the shoot.

When Sam and Jack return and find the town burned down, they seemed oddly casual. "Things look a little different to you?" Jack asked as they stroll through the smoking ruins. Odd moment.

Wonderful chilling reveal of Shak'yl, complete with the Goa'uld Chorus.

Sam and Jack:
        Just enjoyd how they all came to the defense of their friend and ally.

Favorite S/J interaction:
        When they are back at the SGC pleading with Hammond to let them use some SG teams to rescue their friend.

Fanfic reference:
        Forgiveness (by Rachel500)

Comment

LCJS, very nice review!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Wouldn't let me green you LCJS so here's some virtual GREEN! Great review
            Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Thanks for the lovely review now to go watch the epi... I feel so behind with the rewatch *blushes* I've been rewatching firefly in honor of the ten year anniversary!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                Thanks for the lovely review now to go watch the epi... I feel so behind with the rewatch *blushes* I've been rewatching firefly in honor of the ten year anniversary!

Spoilered for some OTness...

Spoiler:
                I so watched the marathon on the Science channel on Monday and then the 10th anniversary special that night. Gawd, I miss that show.
                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Here's my Rewatch Ramblings for Hathor over on my LJ

Apologies, as this one turned out way longer than I expected!

I'm determined to get caught up on the rewatch before Shipsgiving! Just a couple more to go...
                  sigpic

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Good review, J of M.

"Speaking of amusing, there were a number of moments in this episode that I found rather funny. Hathor's
                    use of 'the royal 'we'' is instantly noticable, and I do love Jack's response (even though I don't agree that he
                    should just assume that she's crazy...):"

I love how the traditional royal use of "we" can now be explained as the snake and symbiote.

I also appreciate how regal Ra, Apophis, and Hathor are. Other gou'ald throughout the series appear more as dictators, but those three really invested in selling their fake god status.
                    sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                      Good review, J of M.

"Speaking of amusing, there were a number of moments in this episode that I found rather funny. Hathor's
                      use of 'the royal 'we'' is instantly noticable, and I do love Jack's response (even though I don't agree that he

I love how the traditional royal use of "we" can now be explained as the snake and symbiote.

I also appreciate how regal Ra, Apophis, and Hathor are. Other gou'ald throughout the series appear more as dictators, but those three really invested in selling their fake god status.
                      Ba'al could be really regal when he wanted to be. At least that's what I think.
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                        Good review, J of M.

Thanks, Ramona

Ooh yes, some of them definitely played up the regality more than others.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        Ba'al could be really regal when he wanted to be. At least that's what I think.
                        Absolutely! "There is a god standing here with wet hands!" He's such a diva, hehe.
                        sigpic

Comment

Where'd you get that quote from about Ba'al?

Comment

He says it in Continuum
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved that line of his! Even snurched it for a similar situation in one of my fics...

But Cliff Simon's delivery was perfect there! And I liked the contrast with Ba'al in that timeline to how he acts in "our" timeline, since he often admits he (and his cousins) is no God and doesn't seem to have a problem to acting "normal" in the last two seasons or so.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Yes, I think Cliff Simon had a lot of fun doing Continuum (though saying that, I'm sure he enjoyed playing every version of Ba'al!)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X