No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy B-day, Sparky, and yes, I'm quite stunned by the cake!
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Happy Birthday Sparky!!!
      sigpic
      Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Thank you to everyone who told me happy birthday. I enjoyed it greatly, and I am happy that I can now legally drink in the USA!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

This is old news to you guys, lol, but its my first time watching these episodes as a shipper...

Just watched The Light, and loved that sweet moment at the beginning and Jack's awesome smile. Then the arguing on the beach. A bit of fun to see Sam speaking out like that, when usually she's all 'yes sir', as per rank.

Also watched Entity. Ga, that piano music gets to me. V angsty shippy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zysu View Post
            This is old news to you guys, lol, but its my first time watching these episodes as a shipper...

Just watched The Light, and loved that sweet moment at the beginning and Jack's awesome smile. Then the arguing on the beach. A bit of fun to see Sam speaking out like that, when usually she's all 'yes sir', as per rank.

Also watched Entity. Ga, that piano music gets to me. V angsty shippy.
            Two of my favorite eps! I just wish Teal'c hadn't interrupted. I would have happily enjoyed seeing their hand-to-hand skills (seriously, no gutter intended this time) or them wrestling in the mud (and here I do mean gut-TER!)
            sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
              Yeah... Season 1 of SG1 has its issues with plot holes. But that still doesn't stop me from liking the episode.
              One day we should discuss only perceived plot holes becauseI swear I've seen plausible explanations for every one that exists except for Kowalski not knowing about Charlie and anything that changed/morphed from the movie. Oh, and, of course, Hathor/Egeria.

Oh, also the fact that once, Sam takes credit for building the device that dials the eighth chevron when in fact Jack built it while under the influence of the Ancient database (head grippy thingy). But I think the writers had her do that for time's sake so as not to have to go into exposition of where it really came from in the episode. (Can't remember right now which episode.)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                Two of my favorite eps! I just wish Teal'c hadn't interrupted. I would have happily enjoyed seeing their hand-to-hand skills (seriously, no gutter intended this time) or them wrestling in the mud (and here I do mean gut-TER!)
                Ooohhhh yeaaaah! Either would have been fun. So are there any episodes where they fight?

Comment

Not that I recall. Stick around here and you'll see though - the shippers will call your attention to every sly touch. I love it! There were some that I didn't notice - a light brush of fingers while passing documents while sitting at the conference table, sniffing her hair as she gets on the elevator, etc. Gotta love the shippers!

Comment

Yeah! There's things I've never noticed before, like when Jack pulls Sam out from under the mine in The Serpent's Venom, they immediately put their arms around each other. Or the bit in The Brocac Divide, just before Jack picks her up off the floor, he plants a sneaky kiss on her neck! Never noticed before. This is what becoming a shipper has done to me! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                      One day we should discuss only perceived plot holes becauseI swear I've seen plausible explanations for every one that exists except for Kowalski not knowing about Charlie and anything that changed/morphed from the movie. Oh, and, of course, Hathor/Egeria.

Oh, also the fact that once, Sam takes credit for building the device that dials the eighth chevron when in fact Jack built it while under the influence of the Ancient database (head grippy thingy). But I think the writers had her do that for time's sake so as not to have to go into exposition of where it really came from in the episode. (Can't remember right now which episode.)
                      Didn't they borrow the ZPM from Antarctica to power the gate in order to dial the Eighth Chevron/Atlantis?

Jack created the gadget that dialed the Asgard Galaxy in "The Fifth Race", but that wasn't used when Atlantis was dialed the first time. It was burned out on it's first use. And what happened to the one that Sam/Samantha put together in "Point of View"?

Or am I thinking of an AU/AR?

Comment

It's amazing how many little moments there are spread out throughout the entire series. It's amazing that some of the shippers that have been around here a lot longer then I can name of every moment and from which episode at the drop of a hat. You should check out Hlndncr's every shippy moment... once you've watched the series that is, unless you like the spoilers? As I've been rewatching the episodes with everyone I've been surprised how many things I've noticed the second and third time around that I missed originally.... such an amazing ship
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                          It's amazing how many little moments there are spread out throughout the entire series. It's amazing that some of the shippers that have been around here a lot longer then I can name of every moment and from which episode at the drop of a hat. You should check out Hlndncr's every shippy moment... once you've watched the series that is, unless you like the spoilers? As I've been rewatching the episodes with everyone I've been surprised how many things I've noticed the second and third time around that I missed originally.... such an amazing ship
                          Ooh, thats so tempting. But yeah, I think I wanna wait and be surprised. Although the funny thing is, I have watched all the episodes before, but its so different this time!

Comment

I'm sure she'll pull them out for Shipsgiving anyway. If you're gonna visit that thread you'll be assaulted with every shippy moment ever created or implied by several people.

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Zysu View Post
                              Yeah! There's things I've never noticed before, like when Jack pulls Sam out from under the mine in The Serpent's Venom, they immediately put their arms around each other. Or the bit in The Brocac Divide, just before Jack picks her up off the floor, he plants a sneaky kiss on her neck! Never noticed before. This is what becoming a shipper has done to me! Lol
                              Haha, welcome to the madness! It's great
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

I've been off the thread a few days -falling asleep on the couch early, and this daylight savings time change has me all out of sorts. Review will be up shortly!!

*runs off to finish*
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X