No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Secrets not only for the little glimpses of Sam/Jack shippiness, but because it shows us more of who Sam is underneath the uniform (which had not been explored much before then). It also kinda gives us an idea of her motivation... Why she might have joined the military instead of remaining a civilian scientist, as she had in all those alternate realities

Plus, I like seeing our favorite people in dress blues. It makes me happy! Not quite as snazzy as Marine dress blues, but still pretty awesome. Air Force blues are my third favorite uniform of the armed services (behind USMC blues and utilities, of course).

Comment

Well done hlndncr!

Another thing I love about this is Jacob knows something more is going on (with his daughter's job), and is not fooled by the 'deep space radar telemetry'. He actually tells them that their cover needs a bit more work.

Seeing Jacob pre-Selmak gives us a point of reference for the 'mellowing' that Selmak has on his personality.

I've often wondered if Jacob felt a stab of concern (however brief), at that first meeting with Jack, whether his daughter's CO was taking advantage of her (it has been known to happen).
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

i think i like the jacob/jack meeting more than i did the pete/jacob meeting. what do you think Jacob (pre-selmak) would've done about pete? did jacob ever know that pete stalked her?

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
          Well done hlndncr!

Another thing I love about this is Jacob knows something more is going on (with his daughter's job), and is not fooled by the 'deep space radar telemetry'. He actually tells them that their cover needs a bit more work.

Seeing Jacob pre-Selmak gives us a point of reference for the 'mellowing' that Selmak has on his personality.

I've often wondered if Jacob felt a stab of concern (however brief), at that first meeting with Jack, whether his daughter's CO was taking advantage of her (it has been known to happen).
          we all know that Jack would have never have done that. he's got too much respect for carter. i forget what did he call her again? a "National Treasure?"
          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 13 September 2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            we all know that Jack would have never have done that. he's got too much respect for carter. i forget what did he call her again? a "National Treasure?"
            National Treasure and Natural Resource or some such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              All you kids are making me feel old.

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
              Hehe Me too.
              Sorry!! didn't mean to...but this got me thinking, isn't it amazing how the age range for stargate fans is so vast and versatile...think about it for a second...

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              National Treasure and Natural Resource or some such thing.
              Oh yeah, isn't that from Lost City? correct me if I'm wrong...cant remember the exact circumstance in which it had been said...
              Last edited by Skydiver; 14 September 2011, 03:31 AM.
              "…you know what they say. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try again."

"Because I care about her....a lot more than I'm supposed to..."

Comment

Of course WE know he would never do something like that (we've gotten to walk around in the man's shoes with him, for crying out loud!)...I was just wondering from the perspective of parent. Jacob's a dad that has a daughter in the military, and knowing that scandalous things have happened in the past (much of which never saw the light of day), might provoke the momentary flash of concern.

Parents do think these things even if momentarily, even when rational thought is speaking reassurances in the other ear. That's what makes us schizophrenic.

Jacob also probably is proud of the fact that if anybody messed with his little girl, she's perfectly capable of kicking their...posterior.

hedwig...what are YOU doing here? I though RL had you captive

...And when Jack uses that line on Sam in 'Lost City'...I unashamedly melt into a little Sara-puddle
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  All you kids are making me feel old.
                  Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                  Hehe Me too.
                  Same here ...but at the same time I think it's so cute *affectionately ruffles the hair of Freckles and LCJS*

Originally posted by freckles2185 View Post
                  Sorry!! didn't mean to...but this got me thinking, isn't it amazing how the age range for stargate fans is so vast and versatile...think about it for a second...
                  Oh yeah! It's amazing...we have ship fans in just about every decade post-puberty -I think I heard once there was someone on the thread as young as 12? or is that a myth? We've got adults of all ages, all family types, with kids, without kids, married, single...it's just really neat.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    Same here ...but at the same time I think it's so cute *affectionately ruffles the hair of Freckles and LCJS*

Oh yeah! It's amazing...we have ship fans in just about every decade post-puberty -I think I heard once there was someone on the thread as young as 12? or is that a myth? We've got adults of all ages, all family types, with kids, without kids, married, single...it's just really neat.
                    Thanks for the hair ruffle Sara :0) you made me feel like a little girl again lol

yeah! its amazing! it just goes to prove what a fantastic and brilliant show Stargate is and how much Sam & Jack are the BEST COUPLE OUT THERE!!!!

They Rock! (in a little kids voice)
                    "…you know what they say. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try again."

"Because I care about her....a lot more than I'm supposed to..."

Comment

Originally posted by freckles2185 View Post
                      Oh yeah, isn't that from Lost City? correct me if I'm wrong...cant remember the exact circumstance in which it had been said...
                      Yep. That's correct. It's the scene where Sam goes to visit Jack at his house to see how he's doing after the download. Sam was telling him she should have taken the download instead of him, and the discussion continues when he says "are you nuts?" and goes on to tell her she's a National Treasure and a Natural Resource.

Comment

You know I never had my hair ruffled. So that was nice of you to do Sara.

Comment

Lost City was a very weird ep for me... Especially because of the Sam/Jack undertones. Granted, I saw it on DVD, and not when it aired, so I was out of the loop for the whole "thought the show was ending" bit.

But yeah... it was right around the time I was wavering in my Sam/Jack devotion, and I'm sitting there thinking "Does he or doesn't he love her? National Treasure, really? That's the best line he can come up with?"

And then they just leave him in stasis...*sigh*

But I was reassured when I watched "New Order Pt2", and the two of them shared that look when they were finally reunited-- my shippy little heart was stitched back together, and I remained a S/J shipper happily ever after.

The End.

Comment

just outta curiousity how long were Sam and engaged for? less than a year?

Comment

just outta curiousity how long were Sam and engaged for? less than a year?
                              I think the same thing. Only a few months.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Regarding Pete and his smiley on this thread. He was as I call overexcited boyfriend. I think he was in love with Sam completely, mesmerised by her. He knew she was way too good(too cool) for him, and he wanted not to loose her and that relationship not to fail. He wanted it so badly(been there done that, back in the stupid young days ), that he became obsessed with her. He himself did not realise that he became like that, thus stalking and checking on her. From my experience(and i am not saying I know better, I don't) some women don't really like men like that who are trying to be everywhere everytime. I know supportive is good and being there when needed is good, but when it is over the top, like with Pete, it's not healthy. I know that wasn't the main reason why Sam ditched him, but it's just my observation of him being one of the least favorites among Sams boyfriends
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X