This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Dagda
    Well ive yet to see season 7, but if it was anything like seasno 6 I migntnt bother! That for me was the WORST season ever...I didnt even watch half the episodes and most of those that I did watch bored me to the point that I switched off. The only episode I remember really enjoying was Full Circle. That was classic Stargate for me

Im hopeful about Atlantis and the fact that Mallozzi said he's enough ideas to do alot more SG1 seasons.
    I loved season 6. I wasn't sure what to expect with Daniel gone but I though there were some great stories and I enjoyed the dynamics. I've felt that season 7 stories were a bit weaker than season 6 bu ther ehave still been some great episodes.

erika

Comment

I think Resurrection and Evolution p. 1 and 2 were my only dissapointments this season. Evolution could have been good, but the awful costumes for the super-soldiers were just completely lame. I mean, the masks were obviously built out of plastic--there was absolutely no creativity with them. They were supposed to look menacing; instead they looked like legos. Resurrection was just boring. AT did a great job directing for her first gig, but there was really nothing to direct here. IMO the season was a bit weak, but The Lost City pt.2 was one of my favorite SG-1 eps of all time, so it makes up for it.

also, enough with using the same out door sets! Does every planet have spruces! How come they never gate into the artic? Only one watergate! howsabout a REAL water gate!

Phil (my first post, hopefully I'll be seeing you guys around!)
      Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
      Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
        Some people are just wayy too picky and take things far too seriously. S7 was good entertainment...some seem to forget this word.
        I do take my entertainment very seriously. If I didn't, it wouldn't be entertainment to me. The visual arts of television and film, particularly in the sci fi genre, must have three basic elements IMO: surprise, wonder and a suspension of belief. If I can figure out the story five minutes into an episode of Stargate SG-1 and just see the actors as going through the mechanics, those three elements aren't there.

I have no problem with Seasons 1 through 6. Each one had more great to good episodes than boring ones. I use the word boring because, except for the finale of Season 6, I don't consider anything in the first six seasons bad.

Season 7 is a horse of a different color that they definitely found on the yellow brick road to Oz after going through the field of psychedelic poppies. The three elements were non-existent to me for half the season and most of that half was the second half that was supposed to be so great. Those eleven episodes bear only fleeting resemblances to the strong story and character dominated writing of the previous seasons.

If Season 8 goes back to the heart of what Stargate SG-1 was before, it will be great, but I'm not going to get sucked in this time the way I was a year ago. TPTB wizards need to find their true creative magic regalia again.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
          I agree with you 100%. Some people are just wayy too picky and take things far too seriously. S7 was good entertainment...some seem to forget this word.
          Season 7 was good entertainment in your opinion. And, you're opinion is perfectly valid for you and anyone else who shares it, but it is not the be all and end all of opinions. It isn't fact. You aren't wrong for thinking season 7 was good entertainment, and neither are the people (myself included) who don't think it was. We haven't forgotten the word, but we have different opinions of what consitutes good entertainment.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

To each their own, but assume most agree that S7 was a bit regurgitated.

Phil

Comment

During the first airing of Season 7...I was one of those people very vocal about the season saying it sucked.

But the more I watch it...and the more I think about it...I think the only reason I thought that was because Jack was barely in it...once I got over the fact that it's not Stargate: O'neil then I started to appreciate the episodes...there were lots of character episodes.
              Infact, one of my favorites was..I believe the name was Grace? The one with carter stuck in the ship all alone. I loved that episode...kinda creepy, sad and funny all in one.
              It wasn't the GREATEST season of all time...but it was great.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Grace was like... a scary episode to me, haha... Although i totally didn't like the episode, i thought it was an interesting storyline.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I hated it because it didn't really continue any story lines and they never bothered to explain where Jack was.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Jack was in the majority of the episodes wasn't he? What other episode other than Resurrection wasn't he in?

Comment

I think Resurrection was the only episode that Jack never appeared in, but can you really say he was there even in the others? I think it's that they didn't try to explain why his appearances were so small in some episodes.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I'm pretty sure Carter explained Jack's absence in Resurrection, due to his injuries sustained in Heroes part. 2.

Personally, I didn't really have problems with Jack scaled down in some episodes, since it allowed good single character eppys. The episodes he was needed, he played a large part, and that was good enough for me. Next season though, if he plays an even smaller part, it's going to start pissing me off.

Phil

Comment

I currently have no problem with 'less' Jack than we have been getting compared to like, season 1-5, but yes, i do enjoy the episodes that is focused on Jack pretty much, like in season 6, Abyss, that episode was fantastic.

Comment

I think the trick is that when Jack's there he really needs to have an impact. Abyss is a perfect example. They filmed all of that quickly and it's not that much screen time when you add it all up. It's well used screen time. Smattering a scene here and there in each episode adds up to not much. A few strong Jack episodes and some where he's not there for good reason add up to a stronger season even if there's exactly the same amount of screen time total.
                            *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Oh gosh, Abyss was such a great episode!

Comment

I found S7 overall mediocre compared to the previous episodes. It had several good episodes but it seems that each episode centred more on one character rather than a team-like episode. I really hope that S8 will have more team orientated episodes especially if Jack isn't going to be in the majority of them. As a summary for me: (Warning: may be too wordy for some...sorry in advance if i end up boring you)
                                Homecoming: It was okay, one that had a team episode as they all had the same goal of getting Anubis taken a peg or too down from his powerhouse. It would be interesting if TPTB explore the possibility of Yu becoming an ally of Earth in S8 against the supposed new system lord in S8 and the possible double-crossing.
                                Fragile Balance: This episode was a little too similar to STrek Nemesis for me and I actually liked that movie. It was a little odd seeing a young O'Neill again though. But here it seems to start the single character episodes - a Jack O'Neill ep.
                                Orpheus: A Teal'c centred episode. It had the other characters there, but only to rescue Ryac and Bratac.
                                Revisions: A toss between Carter and/or Daniel ep. Jack and Teal'c were there just for the rescue.
                                Lifeboat: A Daniel ep. I liked this one because it show off MS acting abilities and the interaction between Daniel and Janet was great.
                                Enemy Mine: Daniel Ep. I didn't really like this ep only because I don't like the look of the Unas. For me they resemble what the Devil would probably look like and I don't care for seeing that image let alone getting it stuck in my mind.
                                Space Race: Carter ep. Too much like the Pod Race storyline of Star Wars. Just didn't fit in in the whole Stargate genre. Found it boring.
                                Avenger 2.0: Carter ep with Felger in it. I liked Jack's lines concerning Felger, but I could stand the techno babble and Felger's incompetency in this ep. The ending was just weird but IMHO typical of the male stereotype of two men enjoying watching two women wrestle and cat fight.
                                Birthright: Teal'c ep. Again, I like some of Jack's witty lines here, but it seem like the storyline was a little too Xena like with the exception of the Jaffa/tretonin plot.
                                Evolution P1/P2: I thought this was okay. But again, you don't see the Team dynamic episode here. It's been split with Teal'c and Carter et al going to take on Anubis and taking him another peg or too. Then there's Daniel off to SA doing his own thing until Jack goes off to rescue him. I did like Jack's sidekick in Pt2 (that guy who plays Elliot in Just Shoot Me).
                                Grace: Carter ep. I found this episode to be a "I need to find myself journey" for Carter. Although we see the other SG1 characters here, they weren't enough of them and were just Carter's figment of her imagination. And what's with that UFO ship, who were they?
                                Fallout: Jonas ep. It was good to see Jonas here again, but the story line was a little too close to the movie "The Core". I really liked Jack giving the Langaran a good 'ol "Jack tongue lashing" and I couldn't believe I really heard that line "That's what you get for dicking around". I was LOL for a while.
                                Chimera: Daniel ep. It was "refreshing" to see Carter actually giving her "mooning" attention to another guy/Pete instead of Jack (I'm not much of a Jack/Sam ship). I really hope TPTB will let Carter develop this romance with Pete especially now that he knows about SGC. I also want to know if Daniel will rekindle his romance with Sarah and help her deal with what's happen to her.
                                Death Knell: Carter ep. With the exception of the Tok'ra/Jaffa/Earth alliance falling apart, I found this ep boring and an obvious Jack/Sam ship IMO.
                                Heroes P1/P2: Team ep, one of a few that I liked because they all really got together for one purpose and that's to provide back up and rescue the stranded SG team. The first part was annoying and too "reality TV" like, but I liked the turn around on Pt2. The only thing I didn't like was that Janet died cause I really liked her character.
                                Resurrection: Team ep minus Jack, although this ep was a toss up between a Carter or Daniel ep with Teal'c in the background. Did find it boring though.
                                Inauguration: Flashback ep. I like the new Pres. I hate Kinsey. The case of whether SGC will be shutdown or not. Boring.
                                Lost City P1/P2: Team ep. My favourite S7 Episode. It was however too short even if it was a 2 part ep. The 1st part was a little slow, and the second part was great but seemed rushed. Only thing I didn't like was Sam's obvious feelings for Jack really thrown in my face IMO. I didn't see Teal'c or Daniel shedding frustrated tears but they were worried, however they probably know that once they locate the Asgard, Jack will be ok.
                                If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

Working...
                                X