Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 7 wasn't my favorite season by far but it also wasn't my worst. It had it's faults but I still found myself looking forward to every Friday night and as long as the show keeps doing that I'll keep watching.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I really enjoyed season 7, not my favorite season but definitely not my least favourite.I really loved the Lost city, heroes, death knell, grace, orphues. fallen and homecoming - wasn't very original but enjoyed it alot, i liked the Daniel/Jonas paring, they should bring jonas back for a few more episodes next season and do more of that. There was not a episode i hated, the only episode i didn't enjoy much was enemy mine, but it wasn't terrible.

There were some shows i actually didn't like to much when i watched them the first time such as Birthright, fallout, fragile balance and avenger 2.0 but when i watched them again i found i liked them alot more. Considering this is a Season 7 it really is great, especially when compared to other season 7's on other shows. this was actually one of my favourite seasons. i enjoyed space race and chimeria - love seeing sam so happy. i was Actually very surprised about how good Inauguration was - i was expecting something boring but i actually thought it was very good, especially considering it was a clip show.

I love stargate and all the seasons, some were not as good as others but i have always enjoyed them, if i didn't i wouldn't be rewatching them all the time.

Comment

I found season seven mixed. Some were good, some were awful. SPOILERS and stuff...
        Fallen/Homecoming: One thing that bothers me is the fact that SG-1 now takes dangerous risks not because they need to, but because the characters act like they know everything will turn out okay so there is no reason to be careful. Daniel and Jonas are trapped on a bad guys ship millions of light years away...yawn...no problem...let's not even pretend to be worried.

Fragile Balance: I thought it was an okay way to leave out RDA.

Orpheus: The only problem I find is that fact no Goa'uld in the universe protects their ships from infiltration by a mere force of two SG-1 members.

Revisions: Kind of boring.

Lifeboat: Also boring.

Enemy Mine: I never liked the Chaka episodes so I found this painfully boring.

Space Race: Boring. Teal'c, Jack, and Daniel might as well not have been in the episode. They were just screen fillers.

Avenger 2.0: Kind of corny but an interesting idea. Bad ending though.

Birthright: Meh, it was alright. It actually advanced a bit of storyline in regards to the Jaffa and their dependancies.

Evolution P1/P2: Ugh. The Central America storyline was very boring and while the Super Soldier idea was good, I think it was executed poorly.

Grace: I found this different and interesting but the ending was too predictable.

Fallout: Just an excuse to put Jonas in an episode. It was nice to see him but this episode was pretty bad I thought.

Chimera: If it was that easy to infiltrate Earth, Anubis could have just beamed down a few bombs to blow us up...

Death Knell: I liked the SGC argueing more than the dragged out forest running...

Heroes P1/P2: The first part was slow but I guess it was needed for the second. I liked the second part but it was a shame to see Janet go.

Resurrection: Boring.

Inauguration: Interesting new characters and a nice way to make a clip show.

Lost City P1/P2: I liked it all but I thought it was way too rushed. You couldn't really get worried about the invasion a whole lot since there were no scenes of the power stations and whatever being destroyed. A mere 5-10 seconds would have done it.
        Last edited by Dragonlor; 07 May 2004, 04:10 PM.
        Games 'n Stuff

Comment

First half, pretty bad. Second half, much, much better.

The only stories in the first half that I could tolerate were FB (which at least had something to do with the threads) and Avenger (which at least had a solution that they had to think about instead of being the most simplistic answer around as the other first half eps ended up using). Most of the eps in the first half had no point or went nowhere or had no real dramatic tension. And EM was abysmal, one of the worst of any season.

It got better starting with Evol, though the Daniel-in-peril storyline was unnecessary; I would have preferred to have him bring the artifact back to the SGC and then have the entire team working on the SS problem. Standouts for me in the second half were Grace (great character ep), Deathknell (important thread story), Heroes I & II, Inauguration (amazing for a clip ep, but it was a really important ep) and TLC I & II, which was superb.

The first half of the season was the worst Stargate season ever. Second half was much more solid. Not as good as 4 or 6, but better than a lot of 5.

J.
          "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

The first half of the season was the worst Stargate season ever. Second half was much more solid.
            I feel the exact opposite. First half much better. Second half, horrid. Episodes that could have been good were ruined. Grace was totally gag inducing throw heavy object at the screen terrible. And, out of the ones in the first half, the worst was Avenger 2.0. In fact, if it hadn't been for Grace, I probably would have counted that as the worst episode I've ever seen on the show (well, I'm still not sure where Wormhole X-Treme falls in. But, it's somewhere).
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

It seems that season 7 had alot of episodes that you either love or hate, i enjoyed them, not hated them. like grace - i thought it was excellent, some people think it was bad.
              This season is the first season that i have actually watched as the episodes are released (or a couple of days after). and read about what people think about them on the forums. there are alot of forums that i went to that were just so negative that i found it was ruining my enjoyment of the show, so i stopped going there. Thankfully this forum isn't one of them, its good and i like hearing peoples opinions, but other places out there were just bashing the show so much that i had to stop going or it would ruin the show for me. lets hope this place doesn't turn into that. and by the way this was not an attack on people who didn't like the season, you are entitled to your opinion. im just wondering does anybody feel this way about the forums ruining your enjoyment because of bashing so much.
              Some of you, being from U.S.A and U.K have had the Internet alot longer then i have, are the responses from earlier seasons like 4, 5, and 6 like they are now?

Comment

im just wondering does anybody feel this way about the forums ruining your enjoyment because of bashing so much.
                No. Two reasons.

1. I don't let other people's opinions change my own. If I enjoy something, I don't care if the whole world hates it, I'll still enjoy it.

2. I'm probably bashing the show as much or more than anyone right now. Or, rather, I'm critcizing what I see as flaws.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I think season 7 was uneven, but overall I ended up enjoying about the same number of episodes as I did in season 6 and 5. Not the level of seasons 3 and 4, my favorites, but I was still entertained.

The last half of the season seemed more polished, highlighted by Heroes 2 and Lost City 1 & 2. The first half of the year was a little disjointed and had a run of three episodes in a row that I really didn't care for at all (EM, Space Race and Avenger). I did like Fallen/Homecoming, Orpheus, Lifeboat, Fragile Balance and Birthright. Ev. I&II were okay, just a little flat compared to other mid-season two-parters.

On the old forum, someone called season 6 the "Forgotten Gem". If I had to pick a theme for season 7 it would be "Lost Opportunities". I was disappointed that Daniel got his memory back so quickly, and that they didn't do more with the descension storyline. I was disappointed that they didn't make Jonas a recurring character --he and Daniel were very good together and they could have used the extra character. I was disappointed that they didn't do more with Teal'c, given the absence of RDA.

*However*. Given the challenges posed by RDA's limited availability, shooting 3-4 episodes at a time, the late start in writing for the season, the absence of Brad Wright, I think Robert Cooper did a good job pulling the whole thing together. I think it must have been a logistical nightmare scheduling the production of the show and it must have been very difficult on the writers and the actors trying to keep Jack in the episodes, yet being limited on how much you can use him. So kudos for that.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
                    im just wondering does anybody feel this way about the forums ruining your enjoyment because of bashing so much.
                    I'm one of the ones doing the "bashing" so I'd have to say that no, it doesn't bother me. Likewise, people pouring blessings on the show and waxing poetic about elements I hated and raving about how wonderful everything still is doesn't make me any less inclined to come here. I have my opinions, they have theirs. If everyone felt the same way about everything, it would be very boring.

Fan 1: I loved that ep, didn't you?
                    Fan 2: Oh yes, it was a wonderful ep!
                    Fan 3: Truly, it was amazing!
                    Fan 1: Yes, amazing, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Who wants to sit around and read that all day? All bashing comments wouldn't be any fun, either. Some of the best conversations here come from a difference of opinion.

Frankly, I also find it a little reassuring that I'm not the only one who has problems with the current direction of the show. It helps me feel as if some of my complaints aren't strictly the result of over-critical biases.

Plus, like Dani said, I'm not gonna let the opinions of others ruin my own feelings. I still love things about the show and I'm still happy to discuss them, but I'm not going to shut up about the things I DON'T like just because people hate me for it. Yes, I find it very upsetting that people keep giving me negative votes on my posts, but this is who I am and I'm not about to change just to please them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Plus, like Dani said, I'm not gonna let the opinions of others ruin my own feelings. I still love things about the show and I'm still happy to discuss them, but I'm not going to shut up about the things I DON'T like just because people hate me for it. Yes, I find it very upsetting that people keep giving me negative votes on my posts, but this is who I am and I'm not about to change just to please them.
                      Well I always find your posts interesting, even if I may not always agree. Kind of think of you as the forum gritch. In a nice way, of course.

I like a balanced forum myself, enjoy thoughful criticism of the show and the episode. I *don't* like forums that just become bashing zones, where the posters seem to feed each other's negativity. That's just no fun. If you hate the show that much, stop watching.

What's this bit about giving someone negative votes on their posts? [edited to add: nevermind, just figured out how to do that]. How do you know you're getting negative votes?

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                        How do you know you're getting negative votes?
                        Technically, most of my votes at this point don't count either way because everyone is too new, but by looking at the individual posts in question, I can get an idea of whether it was intended as a "positive" vote or a "negative" one and most of them at this point have been decidedly negative.

I'd be careful of that "forum glitch" moniker if I were you. I placed a jinx on a friend whose cable connection now keeps crashing...

Muahaha...

Comment

Technically, most of my votes at this point don't count either way because everyone is too new, but by looking at the individual posts in question, I can get an idea of whether it was intended as a "positive" vote or a "negative" one and most of them at this point have been decidedly negative.
                          Maybe you can challenge yourself to get the most negative reputation of all the posters!! Yay!! Embrace your destiny.

I'd be careful of that "forum glitch" moniker if I were you. I placed a jinx on a friend whose cable connection now keeps crashing... Muahaha...

Well at least I'll know who to blame for anything that goes wrong!

(you do know I'm kidding...er.....right????)
                          Last edited by keshou; 08 May 2004, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Shadow - I wouldn't give negative votes to anyone. I just don't do that. I also don't mind less than favorable opinions about the show or about certain episodes. It gives me a chance to reexamine my take on it.
                            When an episode is criticized, though, I expect the one doing the criticizing to have actually watchedthe episode. I don't think anyone can legitimately criticize without actually seeing each episode in question.

Watch the show, make the judgment, express the opinion, good or bad

Don't watch the show, make judgment based on spoilers, express the opinion without the research
                            Slainte
                            "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
                              im just wondering does anybody feel this way about the forums ruining your enjoyment because of bashing so much?
                              Yes

I used to go to the scifi channel board and everyone there would just whine and moan about how much stargate sucked so I started to buy into thier bs. Then I stopped going there and I watched my season seven recordings and thought to myself "Damn this season kicks butt!" Then I thought back and their have always been posts like this for every season ( except season one)
                              Examples-
                              S2- This season sucked because of the tok'ra in carter. blah blah blah
                              S3- This season sucked because of Sokar gripe gripe gripe
                              S4- This season sucked because Glassner left whine whine whine
                              S5- This season sucked because daniel died moan moan moan
                              S6- This season sucked because of Jonas and The Sci Fi Channel
                              Complain Complain
                              S7- This season sucked because O'Niell wasn't in it as much and because Jonas left and becauseCarter is getting a life(AKA the cop) Moan Whine Whine Moan

The truth is every season is perfect each with its high points and low points. For instance I dread watching One false step because i think its dumb but when I watch it I think "this episode is a good episode I shouldn't judge it like I do" All of the seasons are the best in my opinion.

Comment

I think this season wasn't as good as the others because of a variety of reasons, but mostly due to RDA's reduced shooting schedual. I understand wanting to spend time with your family, especially a new baby, but the writers should have done a better job explaining why he wasn't there all of the time. Personally, would have been better if he had been promoted to general or something during season 7 and helped Hammond run the SGC- that way he would have a reason not to be around so much.

The Man

Comment

Working...
                                X