Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to 'the topic', I didn't think all of season 7 was awful, but i thought it would have good if Jonas stayed in SG-1, i wanted to see some daniel/jonas interaction.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I don't think Season 7 was awful. Some of the episodes were quite good, and the season ended great. I love the Kinsey getting put in his place, and that the Prometheus went toe to toe with Anubis' bad a$$ big mo-jammer of a ship. And the sequences of the 302's and Promethus protecting the airspace in antartica while Anubis is raining all sorts of enery weapons on them was great.

Every season has episodes that folks dont care for. but on the whole this was a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
        I don't think Season 7 was awful. Some of the episodes were quite good, and the season ended great. I love the Kinsey getting put in his place, and that the Prometheus went toe to toe with Anubis' bad a$$ big mo-jammer of a ship. And the sequences of the 302's and Promethus protecting the airspace in antartica while Anubis is raining all sorts of enery weapons on them was great.

Every season has episodes that folks dont care for. but on the whole this was a great season.
        I totally agree with you. Although i know everyone has their opinions, i still think season 7 was pretty good, but with a few bad episodes.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Thank you for the explanation, but with all due respect, Shipperahoy, this reputation feature turns this forum into a childish high school popularity contest. As I said, we're here to have fun and make friends, not rate individual's opinions. If someone is really obnoxious, we can report them to a mod. We don't need a 'brownie points' rating system.

As to getting on topic, littlemigueljr, Season 7 was the absolute worst in the history of this television series IMO. There are only 8 episodes I consider good enough to rewatch: Fallen, Homecoming, Orpheus, Lifeboat, Birthright, Grace, Fallout and Death Knell which is the very best of the entire dismal season. Three were good: Fragile Balance, Revisions and Inauguration. The other 11 were either very boring and predictable or out-and-out terrible, with the 2-part Heroes now relegated to the worst of Season 7 and of the entire series so far, again IMO.

Have a nice day everyone!

Comment

2-part Heroes now relegated to the worst of Season 7 and of the entire series so far, again IMO.
            I think you're the first person I've seen to list Heroes as the worst episodes. Not that others didn't have a problem with them (I had a few big ones) but if you'd like to share your reasons, I'd like to hear them.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by David
              I don't know why but Chaka's appearance bugged me tremendously. I think it's because Dion is such a visually stimulating actor when he's behind Chaka's mask. The body motions are memorable. That whole dropping of the jaw when Chaka sees something he's surprised to see, soforth. I hope if Chaka comes back they will not keep this gentleman.
              I totally agree with you. Dion brought such character and life to Chaka, amazing really with nothing but body movements and expressions to work with. This Chaka seemed like a cardboard cutout compared to the one we saw in First Ones and Beast of Burden.

Patrick Currie ("Fifth" in Unnatural Selection) played Chaka in Enemy Mine. He also played one of the brothers (Eamon) in Space Race. They mentioned in the commentary to Enemy Mine that Patrick had a lot of trouble with the prosthetics in Enemy Mine. They shot Space Race next and he did much better in that one.
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Awful is a strong word! Season 7 may not have reached the high's of season's 3 and 4 but I thought it was a good season of Stargate SG-1. It may have suffered slightly from RDA's reduced screen time but any other prime time show does not have their regulars in every scene of every episode!

Brad Wright's lessened involvement may have had an effect on the quality of season 7 but Lifeboat wasn't one of his best scripts. I thought it was a bit unoriginal. Great acting though.

However, still loads of terrific episodes (i.e. Fallen/Homecoming, Fragile Balance, Orpheus, Death Knell, Heroes, Lost City).
                'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Amazing
                  It may have suffered slightly from RDA's reduced screen time but any other prime time show does not have their regulars in every scene of every episode!
                  I don't see the show as having suffered because there's less RDA. However, I do think that it suffered from misuse of his time. RDA could be an incredible resoruce, but I felt that a lot of his time onscreen was squandered, mishandled, and badly planned out. And I'm sorry, but I still think that the "running behind schedule" thing only excuses so much in terms of writing/production.

There was some goodness in S7. I just wish there had been more of it.

Comment

Hopefully season 8 will be better it looks promising

Comment

I must admit I was a bit disappointed in this season, but it won't keep me from looking forward to the next. Compared to some, I'm a fairly new fan to SG1, and I'm playing catch-up with previous seasons, so I get a bit confused sometimes about which epi is from what season. Gateworld is indispensible!

S
                      P
                      O
                      I
                      L
                      E
                      R

A
                      L
                      E
                      R
                      T

My biggest unhappiness about season 7 was the death of Janet and the way it was handled. It happened so fast, with little back story. IMO the death of a major character needed more "time". I'm so used to SG1 characters "dying" and coming back, I keep trying to think of a way for Janet to come back.

I hope that with the advent of Atlantis, SG1 won't go out with a whimper. I'm glad season wasn't the end. I would want them to go out on a stronger note.
                      Last edited by kateoftexas; 11 May 2004, 06:56 PM. Reason: add spoiler alert

Comment

Hi Kate,

Little tip here at gateworld add a spoiler space to posts for people who haven't seen the death of Janet yet like this

{SPOILER SEASON 7 HEROS PT1+2}

Just to respect the people who don't want it spoilt.

Comment

I didn't enjoy Season 7 as much I did the previous seasons.

It had some great episodes though: Fallen/Homecoming, Fragile Balance, Enemy Mine(believe it or not I LOVED this episode), Evolution Part 1 and 2, Death Knell, Heroes, Resurrection, Inagurtion and TLC. Those were great episodes! But then we have the bad ones: Lifeboat, Fallout, Chimera(Not because of Pete. I felt like they could have done more with Osiris) and Grace to an extent. Orpheus, Space race(it wasn't BAD but it wasn't great) and Birthright were okay. I didn't take Avenger serioulsy so I had a few laughs. Four-six bad episodes in one season is not good at all IMO. Even some of the good ones could be improved a bit.

So Season 7 was an okay Season. A mixed bag, really.
                          It took me forever to make this signature up.

I'm one fry sort of a happy meal!- Jack

Comment

Enemy Mine(believe it or not I LOVED this episode)
                            No need to expect shock. Some of us think it was a great episode.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                              No need to expect shock. Some of us think it was a great episode.
                              That's good to hear.
                              It took me forever to make this signature up.

I'm one fry sort of a happy meal!- Jack

Comment

Spolier (Heroes) I guess....but who hasn't seen it by now?!?!?

My biggest unhappiness about season 7 was the death of
                                Janet and the way it was handled. It happened so fast, with
                                little back story. IMO the death of a major character needed
                                more "time". I'm so used to SG1 characters "dying" and
                                coming back, I keep trying to think of a way for Janet to
                                come back.

Personally, I thought it was done very well. First of all, it was largely through the eyes of the documentary crew who were being kept in the dark about current events at the SGC.

Secondly, we pretty much know all there is to know about Janet, the SGC, and SG-1, so there's your backstory. Every time they go through that gate, they risk their lives...but that has been cheapened by sarcophagi, ascending (settle down everyone, I'm glad Daniel's back!), Tok'ra/Goa'uld healing technology, and the Asgard coming in the nick of time.

I'm sorry to see Janet go, but I think the fact that it was so sudden, and so violent was exactly the kind of death this show needed. You don't always get a chance to say goodbye, especially when you're dealing with the military.

Comment

Working...
                                X