Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revisions. Couldn't care less about the people and the solution was so simple...tranquilizer darts and move 'em....don't waste time.
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Amazing
      What is your least favourite episode of Season 7?

My vote goes to Space Race.

Could be my least favourite episode of Stargate ever! It really didn't work for me.
      I couldn't agree more.

Comment

<<Weil es so offentlichtlich ist, braucht es länger Zeit, erkannt zu werden. Wenn du sofort erkennst, dass das Kerzenlicht Feuer ist, wurde das Mahl vor langer Zeit bereitet. >>

Oma shoudn't speak German. It took me a long time to think of her as 'Oma Desala' and not 'Granny Desala'. You'll confuse me .

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          <<Weil es so offentlichtlich ist, braucht es länger Zeit, erkannt zu werden. Wenn du sofort erkennst, dass das Kerzenlicht Feuer ist, wurde das Mahl vor langer Zeit bereitet. >>

Oma shoudn't speak German. It took me a long time to think of her as 'Oma Desala' and not 'Granny Desala'. You'll confuse me .
          Yes, haha. But I always thought of her as "Grandmother Nature," as introduced in Maternal Instinct (Harsesis' Rettung). I actually took this line from the monk in that episode, but yes, Oma Desala does repeat it in Meridian (Die Entscheidung). I do love that line though, it is very wise.

Comment

I'm tempted to say Enemy Mine because the Unas bore me to tears, but I have to go with Fallout. I hate to do it because I have a serious thing for Parker Lewis, but the episode actively sucked even with the sound turned off and just looking at the pretty pictures.

First there's the science -- or shall I say lack of science. Also logic went on vacation. This less advanced society decided to build a tunnel to the center of the earth machine when they have so many other problems? And with really crappy control systems only one person can use? It's too expensive and would never work. Just do a little math with the engineer or geophysicist of your choosing. Heat and pressure didn't work they way they should. Continental geology wasn't so accurate either -- no matter what klugeite was plated on the outside of the thing. The heat and pressure in that tin can should have killed them several times over. They never should have been able to breathe in that tunnel or even survive the heat for more than a second or two -- no matter how many snakes in the head that girl had. I could rant much, much longer, but lets assume I ignore this plot and look at the rest of the episode. What's left?

Politics and bickering. That sounds like about as much fun as a bikini wax. And short of one adlibbed line from RDA, it was.

I love Parker Lewis, but this one is just unwatchable in my book.
            *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Grace

It has to rank up there with worst of all time. There was no point to it whatsoever.

Avenger 2.0 came in a distant 2nd. That was just some adolecent male fantasy all the way around. I'm surprised Anise didn't show up part way through.
              Webbgirl
              Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
              My Livejournal

Comment

There's several in fact....I mean all in all, S7 wasn't up to scratch for me....didn't like Enemy Mine....Unas just look plain ugly. Space Race was just plain boring, and Heroes Pt2 only because they killed off Dr. Fraiser...I really liked her character.
                Last edited by Aphrodite; 01 June 2004, 05:37 AM.
                If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

Chimera- b/c I had so much respect for Sam previously, now she's going to have to redeem herself.
                  "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

Originally posted by Odens återkomst
                    Yes, haha. But I always thought of her as "Grandmother Nature," as introduced in Maternal Instinct (Harsesis' Rettung). I actually took this line from the monk in that episode, but yes, Oma Desala does repeat it in Meridian (Die Entscheidung). I do love that line though, it is very wise.
                    Goodness, don't remind me....dear granny....it kind of sucks in German.

But shouldn't your sig read "offensichtlich"? (Yeah, nitpicking, I know...)

My least favourite episode was Space Race, down to the title and all. Probably because it could have been any other sci fi series...it just didn't have anything special Stargate related that worked for me.

Avenger is a close second, due to what most other people in this thread have already mentioned...Felger and the embarrassing adolescent fantasy thing...

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                    ~CELLO!~
                    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by SallyK
                      I think it was a tie between Avenger 2.0 and Grace.

Avenger 2.0 was probably one of the worst Stargate episodes of all time - but Grace wasn't a Stargate episode at all - just a poor imitation of Star Trek, with Sam replaced by a pod person, who unfortunately took over for most of the rest of the season.

SallyK
                      I think this is my first post on the new forum, so it feels a bit weird posting in such a negative thread. Ah well.

Anyway, I agree completely with you, Sally, although Avenger 2.0 was *definitely* the worst ep of all time, IMO. It was nothing more than a teenage boy's fantasy, which showed Sam in a terrible light as someone who was incompetent and unable to assess a fellow scientist's abilities. For someone who has been shown previously to be skilled with computers, knowing more than most about the gate systems, that she let a virus go live without testing it or assessing the risks was completely unbelievable.

And Grace was the ep where Sam Carter regressed into a 1950's era teenage girl. Good golly, that was a shock. All along I'd thought she was a great example of a professional woman, and then this episode comes along. Such a shame.

Hmm, it looks like the worst eps were the ones that showed Sam in a very bad light. Looks like I'm quite protective of the character. I used to love her, too. It's all a bit depressing.

cheers,
                      Lex

Comment

There there. ::Makes Lex a nice cup of tea::

Unless you're Ignoring me here too

Madeleine

Comment

Avenger was a awful episode but it did star Felger. Shame it didn't show Coombs
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            Avenger was a awful episode but it did star Felger. Shame it didn't show Coombs
                            Indeed. Felgar without Coombs is like Laurel without Hardy, Fred Flintstone without Barney Rubble, or pancakes without syrup. The interactions between Felgar and Coombs are what made "The Other Guys" as funny as it was. Take away Coombs and you just have a character drowning in "geek" cliches that ceases to be funny and instead grates at the nerves.

This of course does not reflect upon Patrick McKenna, who's portrayal of Harold in The Red Green Show is hilarious.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

So glad someone agrees with me!
                              __

__

Comment

I also agree with you on that - I *do* like the geeky types, but not like that - not just walking talking cliches....I would have liked to have Coombs there as well...

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                                ~CELLO!~
                                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Working...
                                X