Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enemy Mine - first episode since Brief Candle where I had to cover my eyes for more than two minutes (in this episode it was more like twenty minutes ). I swear I would have turned off the TV if I wouldn't tape all SG episodes.

It wasn't that the episode was that bad, but I hated the interpretation of Chaka by this new actor. Just couldn't stand it.
    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
      I hated the interpretation of Chaka by this new actor.
      I agree that Dion Johnstone's presence in EM would probably have turned it into an ep more worthy of rewatching. It was rather dry as it stood.

I'm also a firm believer in Gipsy's idea that Mackay's presence in lieu of Felger would have made Avenger a good episode instead of an embarrassing mess.

But my Worst Ep this season has to be Grace. The episode that, for me, substituted the Sam I always liked for a Sam who was a silly drip .

Madeleine

Comment

Avenger 2.0
        Resurrection

Both were too boring lost interest in first few minutes.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Grace - Just boring compared to the others.

Comment

"Enemy Mine" and "Fall Out"

"Enemy Mine" because I don't much care for Unas eps. "Fall Out" because it was irrelevant and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              I'm also a firm believer in Gipsy's idea that Mackay's presence in lieu of Felger would have made Avenger a good episode instead of an embarrassing mess.

Yeah, I agree, it would have made probably an above average show with Mackay instead of Felger. But, unfortunately, reality bites. In consequence, this is not just the worst episode of S7 for me but the second worst of all seven seasons to date.

I find it - well, as I've said elsewhere, the only word I can really use to sum it up is 'offensive'. I have the same reaction to Felger as I have to Marty in point of no return - he is a sad, pathetic inadequate with no redeeming characteristics and an unhealthy side helping of mysogeny. (Now Mackay had reasons for being the way he was, and we actually learned enough about those reasons to start feeling some kind of sympathy towards him - Mackay was abrasive and intolerant, but he was brilliant and he clearly had a place in the SGC, he was clearly capable of getting results without being emotionally babysat)

Wheras Marty had no official business at the SGC, the front line of humanity against the Goa'uld - this twerp is actually employed by them, and worse, continues to be employed by them despite enough screw-ups, and enough odd personality traits to get an employee fired from any normal company.

The character of Chloe may have been funny to a fourteen year old boy, but she wasn't funny to this much older woman, who remembers painfully all the fighting she had to go through to be taken seriously as a female scientist in the days when 'girls don't do physics'.

The sad thing about it is that this was quite a good idea for a story, but drop Felger into the mix, and you lose me completely. This idiot has nothing at all about his personality that makes me feel sympathetic towards him, and certainly nothing that makes me want to like him. He was tolerable - just- in 'The Other Guys' because he had Coombs with him, and Coombs was a likeable character who balanced him out.

Add that to an extreme lack of presence of three out of the four principal players, and to me you have got an embarassement that should never have been allowed to air.

Comment

My least favorite episodes were Avenger 2.0 and Enemy Mine (tie)

Enemy Mine I enjoyed the other two Unas episodes but I was bored to tears during this one. It's amazing what a different actor can do under all that makeup -- I *really* missed Dion Johnstone. I thought the EM Chaka didn't have the chemistry with Daniel we saw in First Ones or Beast of Burden. I also thought this episode badly needed some sort of secondary story going on. I love Daniel doing his thing as much as the next gal, but the translating scenes with the Unas really dragged for me. The colonel was a walking cliche. I'm not sure why Teal'c was even there.

Avenger 2.0 I thought the idea of the gate system being infected with a virus was intriguing. Felger just didn't work for me in this episode. He was amusing in "Other Guys", balanced by his interaction with Coombs and Jack and the others. In Other Guys I laughed as Felger/Coombs bumbled their way around. In Avenger I just sort of cringed. I didn't think Sam had any particular comedic chemistry with Felger and that last scene in the lab just came across as crass as opposed to the last scene in "Other Guys" which was really kind of sweet. I also didn't feel one moment of concern for the people trapped off-world. They didn't sell that at all. The only bright spot was that I kind of liked Chloe. I agree that MacKay might have made a difference, if only because he's got a lot of chemistry with Sam.
                Last edited by keshou; 07 May 2004, 05:49 PM.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I think it was a tie between Avenger 2.0 and Grace.

Avenger 2.0 was probably one of the worst Stargate episodes of all time - but Grace wasn't a Stargate episode at all - just a poor imitation of Star Trek, with Sam replaced by a pod person, who unfortunately took over for most of the rest of the season.

SallyK

Comment

"Enemy Mine" was my least favorite episode. I've never been fond of the Unas, and this episode didn't change my mind. There were a few good moments in the episode, though; it wasn't an absolute washout.
                    Slainte
                    "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

There was actually more than one episode i didn't like in S7 but I think my least favourite ep was Space Race. It just dind't work for me and all these Tech Con commercials really annoyed me.

Comment

Chimera---because in real life that guy would have a bullet in his head by know.

Comment

Grace and Avenger 2.0 tie

Comment

Originally posted by MagnoliaAnaglypta
                            Wheras Marty had no official business at the SGC, the front line of humanity against the Goa'uld - this twerp is actually employed by them, and worse, continues to be employed by them despite enough screw-ups, and enough odd personality traits to get an employee fired from any normal company..
                            I assume you meant Felger.?

And i don't see how MacKay wpuld have improved the episode, I mean we've never seen him as a regular SGC scientist before. he gets sent in by the pentagon at times of crisis and the half the episode that show of crap Fleger was wouldn't work.

I just can't see the plot working with MacKay at all.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

EM, hands down. While I'm not a great fan of the Unas, I liked BOB for the moral dilemma it presented and for the ambiguous ending, with Daniel basically helping to start a war. EM totally tossed off the all of the potential dramatic consequences in BOB as if it hadn't mattered. EM, for me, was Daniel at his worst: smug, superior, self-satisfied and on a soapbox (as opposed to the Daniel from Evolution through TLC, who reminded me of what I always liked about Daniel). Edwards was a mindless, military moronic stereotype who would never have made colonel in a frontline unit. Everyone--including the Unas--behaved stupidly. And it ended with Daniel making an monumental anthropological blunder--I know it's really the writers' fault, but within the parameters of the episode, it's the character we see doing it.

J.
                              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                                I assume you meant Felger.?

No, I did not mean Felger.

Marty was not employed at the SGC. This makes his character more tolerable (marginally) to me than Felger because at least they were not trying to make me believe that he would have been acceptable as a character in that environment. The SGC has an obligation to find and employ the best of the best. If Felger is the best they can come up with then the human race deserves to be wiped out by the Goa'uld.

Comment

Working...
                                X