Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of us all accept and respect the fact that he should go to be w/his daughter.

Now, what I'd like to see (especially when he leaves) is for him and Sam to go off together...it'd be perfect! *shipper sigh* and then maybe he could make a couple guest appearences here and there?

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
    Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OMA1980
      Hiya all

ok i am taking it upon my self to ask all of you who REALY WANT TO KEEP JAKC at the SGC to post here , purhaps we could reasons why and i am going to post them on monday to GEKKO and MGM.

This is just to show our support to RDA and his portrail of Jack.

DEBS
      RDA has already made his intention clear: he wants to spend time with his family, not the show. This is why Beau Bridges and Ben Browder have been signed on -- to fill his shoes. Nothing you write MGM is going to change RDA's mind. The only thing that could happen, which won't, is to hire a new actor to replace RDA and continue on as Jack -- and pretend we didn't notice. Kurt Russell, maybe? This won't happen, however. I hate to sound rude, but you really should just accept the fact: RDA is no longer going to be part of Stargate. I think he'll be on in bit roles, like Hammond was for Season 8.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
        RDA has already made his intention clear: he wants to spend time with his family, not the show. This is why Beau Bridges and Ben Browder have been signed on -- to fill his shoes. Nothing you write MGM is going to change RDA's mind. The only thing that could happen, which won't, is to hire a new actor to replace RDA and continue on as Jack -- and pretend we didn't notice. Kurt Russell, maybe? This won't happen, however. I hate to sound rude, but you really should just accept the fact: RDA is no longer going to be part of Stargate. I think he'll be on in bit roles, like Hammond was for Season 8.
        I agree and *big breath* ...I'm ok with that.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
        Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Really I'm not that bothered if he's not in it much.

If the show goes down the pan, it's the writers fault, not his. If they can't write decent episodes without him then it's their problem not his.

Comment

Let the man have the time with his young child that he's been telling people he wanted for years now. The formative years of his daughter are a lot more important than the latter years of a television show.

Comment

[mod edit - the rules about respecting actors' privacy extends to not commenting on their families' private business] the show will just suck without jack plain and simple, but if he decides to only be a guest he better be back in the sg1 team for the finale and fight side by side as a member of sg1 and boot the [mod substitution - person] who will be joining sg1 in the 9th season.
              Last edited by Madeleine; 11 February 2005, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Family is very important. And after so many years it´s understandable that RDA wants doing something else but I would be so happy if he would come back for an episode or two. Without Jack isn´t it just the same. For one episode I want SG 1 going through the gate and having an big adventure of another planet. Than I could stand all the changes of season 9 a little bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirara
                  Family is very important. And after so many years it´s understandable that RDA wants doing something else but I would be so happy if he would come back for an episode or two. Without Jack isn´t it just the same. For one episode I want SG 1 going through the gate and having an big adventure of another planet. Than I could stand all the changes of season 9 a little bit better.
                  I have nothing else to add to that, I agree 100% !

Comment

Well, let's hope the ankle heals quickly and he is bored crazy at home.
                    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Goa'uld damn it! I swear if Richard friken Dean Anderson doesnt rejoin SG1 i swear i chuck the bigest hissy fit ever. Amen.
                      child_of_the_gods:
                      Character Name: Alexis Winters
                      Position: SG7 team member

My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                        Is it me or does anyone else feel like DEMANDING Jack back?
                        I will indeed miss O'Neill. But I already miss Colonel O'Neill and SG1 in off world treks. Lots of earth based action lately. The team dynamic is missing with General O'Neill always on base, but what can I say - I watch every week! General O'Neill has to be a bit more reserved I suppose. And when RDA is no longer on the show I will still have my DVD's which I will watch until they wear out and then buy new ones! Need I say it? I love Stargate SG1 and RDA is a major part of it!

Comment

We wraith bow to RDA so as long as he has a few minutes every few episodes and a major role or semi major ( family comes first) thats all the same to me show is still the same and even if he decides only a few comments every few episodes its still the same to me if he leaves minor dent if the rest leave 4 minor dents in fact if all leave no big deal as long as good story and THE ONE is in there.
                          NOW AS FOR THE ONE JOHN CRIGHTON WE WRAITH LIE ON OUR STOMACHS ON THE FLOOR. BECAUSE HES THE ULTIMATE NOW HERES A PARAGRAPH TO SHOW A TASTE OF HIS ULTIMATE COOLNESS

THE ONE IS JUST LIKE YO ANCIENTS GIMME THE WEAPONS NOW ANUBIS SHUT UP I SHOOT YOU WITH GUN. TO THE ORII HES LIKE SHUT UP THEN PUNCHES ONE IN FACE AND SAYS LEAVE MY KID ALONE AND SIT DOWN. NOW WHAT

NO ONE BEATS JOHN CRIGHTON

P.S.

WRAITH RUN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            if you want to encourage scifi and mgm to work with RDA in keeping his presence in the snow, then you need to write them.

posting here, while fun , won't really do much good. what counts is letters, nice real snail mail letters

MGM
                            2500 broadway st.
                            santa monica, ca 90404-306
                            Attn Stargate

Now, i am in NO way saying i would demand RDA's presence in the show. I fully and totally respect his desire to spend time with his family. HOwever, they've been working around his time constraints for years, they can keep doing so if they want to.

I could be that mgm and scifi just need to know that there are folks out there who would like to see RDA's jack continue in the show
                            Good point Skydiver - but I'm stunned to consider the possibility that they don't KNOW that the fans are silently screaming because we don't want to lose O'Neill...

That being said - I think I'll take you up on your recommendation and send a snail mail letter explaining how I feel (and of course I'll be über nice... )

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                              Well, you also have to believe that the official reason is indeed the total reason or like some of us more cynical folks, perhaps, fan pressure will add to his negotiations.
                              Whereas I don't question his motivations at all and I love him to death (for cryin' out loud his image is my desktop wallpaper), I also think that the two things could play a role in getting him to be in a couple eps.

First, the fan base that love him a lot and already miss him a lot.

Second, he really enjoys working and, I don't know, it just is hard for me to imagine him sitting on the couch watching the show and not being a part of it.

Wishful thinking perhaps but that's all I have right now... and until I hear otherwise it's what I'll hang my hat on.

In the meantime I honor his wishes and desire nothing but the best for him and his daughter.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I think time will tell if Stargate SG-1 is affected by the loss of RDA. My personal opinion is that the show will miss him as it missed Michael Shanks during S6.

My whole idea of the show relies on the four main characters Jack, Teal'c, Danie, and Sam because each of them bring something to the show for example Jack brings humour and wit, Teal'c bring the muscle, Daniel brings the compassion and is conscientious (basically the soul), while Sam brings the brain and much more

This is why I was against a Season Nine but all the stuff that is coming out of MGM and Sci-Fi. I really looking forward to season nine. But I do think if they decide to do a Season Ten and Amanda Tapping or anyone else wants to leave then the show should finish and go into doing movies every couple of year.

Comment

Working...
                                X