X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
    Season 3...Hundred Days.

All these actors to "replace" RDA make me gag.

A) Can't REPLACE RDA.
    B) Don't want a replacement.
    C) Can't they do better to add on?

OH ...that one !!!!I forgot all about her and I think Jack did too .

Thank you livi2Jack

RDA is the soul of the show ..I hope he'll be there part time next year or it will be a lot for the Fans to cope with

Caty

Comment

{QUOTE=Dani347]Seems to me it isn't mgm or sci-fi that needs working on. The decision is all RDA's, and it won't be because of lack of trying from them if he's not back, but all because he doesn't want to anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well said and enough said.

Comment

Mayby he'll just skip S( and come back for S10.

Comment

Now before I get into anything I just want to ask you to read and think about this post before any of you decide to flame me, in fact hell go nuts, a bad rep wont stop me coming here and expresing my beliefs, after all a few rotten tomatoes wont erase what the audience heard, so if thats what you wanna do burn, baby burn!

Okay, now down to buisness. As you have all said before RDA's descision to stay with his family is a decent thing to do, would you want work to interefere? Exactly, and besides what will screaming "we want Jack!" over and over acomplish apart from a sore throat, after all it is his descision and non of our buisness to complain nor our right to criticise.

So what if RDA is gone? Big freakin' whoop! All you people out there, all you so-called 'fans' who whine and b**ch about Jacks impending abscense and say things like "without him I wont watch the show anymore" really need to step back and look at what you're saying, 'cos it sounds to me that refusal to watch the show due to the lose of the lead (and to be perfectly honest I suspect that Jack is the lead because RDA plays him) only shows your lack of 'fan-ness'. You all claim to be huge fans of the show, but these remarks only prove you to be fans of RDA, now, look at me, I spent most of my childhood in England and so the only mention of RDA I ever had was on The Simpsons when Patty and Selma drooled over Macguyver. And so him being on or off the show doesn't phase me at all, infact in a very profound way for me the show will become alot better as it will no-longer restrain itself to Jack-centric plotlines and let the other characters (hopefully Daniel in particular) to step into the spotlight.
          And also many of you are boo-hooing over the apparant loss of the ship element, which for all we know, might never happen anyway! Quite frankly I am damn near sick and tired of the over-the-top swoonfest some aspects of the show have become, romance doesn't equate to true character developement, it is mearly another unimaginative staple of the Hollywood cookie-cutter that adds nothing to me and i feel other more dedicated fans out there.
          Joy over one aspect of the show really doesn't do it much credit in the long run and constantly lamenting over the apparant damage to the show RDA's abscence will inflict proves just how little faith in the enterprise you have, and if the show's success and popularity, one that warrents it to be one of the longest-running SCi-FI shows out there is solely based on the ship or Jack appeal really doesn't deserve to be on television, so I ask you now to think about what, or who, you love about Stargate and maybe even find fandom somewhere else because some of the following SG1 is getting right now really doesn't help the show develop in any productive or entertaining way. And now i guess im done. Thanks for reading my little rant.
          April 29th
          DONT PANIC!

Frinks Law:
          "PI IS EXACTLY THREE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Doing_the_impossible
            Now before I get into anything I just want to ask you to read and think about this post before any of you decide to flame me, in fact hell go nuts, a bad rep wont stop me coming here and expresing my beliefs, after all a few rotten tomatoes wont erase what the audience heard, so if thats what you wanna do burn, baby burn!

Okay, now down to buisness. As you have all said before RDA's descision to stay with his family is a decent thing to do, would you want work to interefere? Exactly, and besides what will screaming "we want Jack!" over and over acomplish apart from a sore throat, after all it is his descision and non of our buisness to complain nor our right to criticise.

So what if RDA is gone? Big freakin' whoop! All you people out there, all you so-called 'fans' who whine and b**ch about Jacks impending abscense and say things like "without him I wont watch the show anymore" really need to step back and look at what you're saying, 'cos it sounds to me that refusal to watch the show due to the lose of the lead (and to be perfectly honest I suspect that Jack is the lead because RDA plays him) only shows your lack of 'fan-ness'. You all claim to be huge fans of the show, but these remarks only prove you to be fans of RDA, now, look at me, I spent most of my childhood in England and so the only mention of RDA I ever had was on The Simpsons when Patty and Selma drooled over Macguyver. And so him being on or off the show doesn't phase me at all, infact in a very profound way for me the show will become alot better as it will no-longer restrain itself to Jack-centric plotlines and let the other characters (hopefully Daniel in particular) to step into the spotlight.
            And also many of you are boo-hooing over the apparant loss of the ship element, which for all we know, might never happen anyway! Quite frankly I am damn near sick and tired of the over-the-top swoonfest some aspects of the show have become, romance doesn't equate to true character developement, it is mearly another unimaginative staple of the Hollywood cookie-cutter that adds nothing to me and i feel other more dedicated fans out there.
            Joy over one aspect of the show really doesn't do it much credit in the long run and constantly lamenting over the apparant damage to the show RDA's abscence will inflict proves just how little faith in the enterprise you have, and if the show's success and popularity, one that warrents it to be one of the longest-running SCi-FI shows out there is solely based on the ship or Jack appeal really doesn't deserve to be on television, so I ask you now to think about what, or who, you love about Stargate and maybe even find fandom somewhere else because some of the following SG1 is getting right now really doesn't help the show develop in any productive or entertaining way. And now i guess im done. Thanks for reading my little rant.
            A very unfriendly post im my humble opinion. Yes I´m an RDA fan and yes I will miss him. But that I´m not interested in season 9 has much more to do with that I have absolutly no confidence in that what will happen to the show after the end of season 8. I´m sorry but since Robert Cooper taking over the reigns of the show in season 7 the show lost it´s soul for me and the only reason why I still watched was RDA (I´m a fan of him...hate me for it if you want). IF THEY WOULD HAVE ANOTHER MAIN PRODUCER for season 9 I would say:fine I give it a try but so....without me. And all this big name actors will not change anything about it.
            Maybe that makes me to a sholva but I don´t care.

Oh and I think that this Homoworld securtiy idea sucks. When RDA is anyway not coming back than they had could let him retire or make him the commander of the alpha side and kept Hammond. But Mr. Cooper seems to use every chance to get rid of the shows past. And that I hate!!!

And befor I forget it RDA is so often attacked for being bored...he is IMO not the only one. ALL four main actors seem in the last couple of seasons more or lesser bored and that is especially true for MS who shows now very often the same behaviour that people hate so much about Jack! So now flame me but it will not change my opinion.

I now that my post was not nice but I hate it when people wants forcing me to think and feel only what they see true and right.

Jana the Sholva
            Last edited by dreamhunter; 08 February 2005, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Just a few friendly reminders:

1) On GW forum all fans from all 'sides' of the fandom are welcome to express their opinion - we don't ask them to leave the forum or the fandom because their opinion conflicts with ours

2) Respect your fellow forum members and their opinion - discuss it with them but don't belittle or flame them

3) Respect TPTB - criticize their professional work but don't get personal

Thank you for reading!

Feli
              GateWorld Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by dreamhunter
                A very unfriendly post im my humble opinion. Yes I´m an RDA fan and yes I will miss him. But that I´m not interested in season 9 has much more to do with that I have absolutly no confidence in that what will happen to the show after the end of season 8. I´m sorry but since Robert Cooper taking over the reigns of the show in season 7 the show lost it´s soul for me and the only reason why I still watched was RDA (I´m a fan of him...hate me for it if you want). IF THEY WOULD HAVE ANOTHER MAIN PRODUCER for season 9 I would say:fine I give it a try but so....without me. And all this big name actors will not change anything about it.
                Maybe that makes me to a sholva but I don´t care.

Oh and I think that this Homoworld securtiy idea sucks. When RDA is anyway not coming back than they had could let him retire or make him the commander of the alpha side and kept Hammond. But Mr. Cooper seems to use every chance to get rid of the shows past. And that I hate!!!

And befor I forget it RDA is so often attacked for being bored...he is IMO not the only one. ALL four main actors seem in the last couple of seasons more or lesser bored and that is especially true for MS who shows now very often the same behaviour that people hate so much about Jack! So now flame me but it will not change my opinion.

I now that my post was not nice but I hate it when people wants forcing me to think and feel only what they see true and right.

Jana the Sholva
                I completely agree, and apologise if anyone was irked by my last post, it was 3am I needed coffee and well I guess that translated as me being somewhat, overzealous, in my opinion, I do NOT consider myself a better fan than anyone else, in fact the wide range of reasons that people are drawn to in the show is one of the main factors of it's appeal to me, but I still feel that much of the response to S9 and RDA, or the lack thereof has been a little one-sided of late. Anyone else care to agree/disagree?
                April 29th
                DONT PANIC!

Frinks Law:
                "PI IS EXACTLY THREE!"

Comment

So with the new cast additions for s9 i guess this means no regular apperences from Richard Dean Anderson then??

does anyone know for sure because i cant find anything official and up to date stating he's just going to drop in now and again.

I love O'neil he's such a great charector, the thing is this happened in the x files they got rid of mulder then the last season was PANTS...

Anyway my love to you all

debs
                  giles singing...

Willow , anya, tara: "ohhh"
                  xander: "can we go back to the haunted house because this is creeping me out"
                  tara: "does he do this alot"
                  xander: "sure everyday the earth rotates backward and the sky's turn orange"

willow: "now i remeber why i used to to have such a crush on him"
                  any: "his voice is pleasent"
                  willow : "cum on it is kind of sexy"
                  xander: "i'm fighting total mental breakdown here.. no more fuel in the fire please"

Comment

I´m sorry, too. It´s only that I think that this often very personal attacks against RDA are very unfair. I mean how would you react if other fans would attack one of the actors you favour this way?
                    Stargate is an essemble show not only a show about one hero and a handull of supporting actors (like Fascape was almost exclusive the John Crichton story) and so it´s only logical that not all of us favour the same actors. But I still think that this is one of the main reasons for it´s popularity.
                    I understand that Jack will no longer play a important part in the show but as long as it´s called Stargate SG 1 all four members of SG 1 should appear in it. And if this isn´t possible any longer than should MGM have the courage and give the show another name. I mean with all this changes for season 9 it´s almost the same as if Deep Space Nine would have been called still Stargate the Next Generation only because it´s played in the same time line and shared some actors.

And I think it´s strange that you think that the reaction to RDA leaving the show it´s one sided I mean I have read the very, very angry reactions to MS not appearing in a Sci Fi channel commercial. His fans gone into full attack mode despite that to the same time was clear that he would appear full time in season 9.Would that not have been sure I had understand and shared it, because I like Daniel...not as much as Jack but I like him
                    So why is being sad about an actor you like leaving the show one-sided. And as I said it before. It´s only one of many reasons for me to loose interest in the show. The main reason is that since season 7 the show changed in a way that it´s for me almost impossible to enjoy the majority of episodes. And what I read about the new episode "Threads" made me sad again. I have nothing against the Sam and Jack ship but there was IMO no reason that

Spoiler:
                    Sam dumped Pete in such a nasty way! I could almost believe that Sam is written in such a way that fans must dislike her so that they are more willingly to accept her replacement Vala (but after all what I have read about this character is she as much egoistic and self-centred as Sam- the only difference is that she is more aggresisve as seems to have a sadistic side).
                    And I hate it that Jacob (Selmac) is dead. Another character I liked gone for nothing...

So I´m not looking forward to season 9. I´m sorry but I can´t change it.
                    Could I looking forward to a real team end for season 9 with Daniel and Sam and Teal´c and Jack going through the gate or standing at least togehter in the gateroom (like in the last scene from Children of the gods) I had something to looking forward but without RDA appearing at least in one episode is this impossible.

And even if I not like all of Jack´s jokes I think his sacrasmn is often still fitting. I mean: How could he else deal with a bad guy like Anubis who seems to have seen Star Wars much to often???
                    And I have no problems with Jack hiding his emotions behind such jokes. I can still see the real emtions behind it and that it´s not easy for him to show any emotions is not so strange if you remember that he was a member of the special forces . And the dead of his son don´t helped in any form to make him a more open person. My theory is (it´s only a theory) that Jack is maybe supressing his emotions because he is remembering only to good that his pain almost made him kill all the innocent people on Abydos (in the movie) and he fears the destructive side of his personaltiy.
                    Jack is in my opinion for away from being perfect but because of that for me that most interesting character in the show. And I doubt that a Camaron Mitchell no matter how good he looks can be as much interesting for me.
                    Last edited by dreamhunter; 09 February 2005, 03:09 AM.

Comment

I WANT JACK TO COME BACK

We miss Jack !!!
                      giles singing...

xander: "i'm fighting total mental breakdown here.. no more fuel in the fire please"

Comment

GUYS IVE EMAILED THIS LINK TO MGM

I dont know if they'll even look at it but its worth a try

debs :-)
                        giles singing...

Comment

Sadly no one seems to know if he will appear in season 9 or not. That Jack isn´t retiring gives us still a chance that he will be there but that nobody tells us anything makes me nervous. If he isn´t coming back they should just telling us the truth.

Comment

I agree everyone from the cast has announced they're coming back but nothing on RDA.
                            well i emailed the link for the other post on jack to mgm , i'm thinking of printing it out and sending to GEKKO i got there addy just a minute ago.

debs
                            giles singing...

Comment

Hiya all

ok i am taking it upon my self to ask all of you who REALY WANT TO KEEP JAKC at the SGC to post here , purhaps we could reasons why and i am going to post them on monday to GEKKO and MGM.

This is just to show our support to RDA and his portrail of Jack.

DEBS
                              giles singing...

Comment

Hey there

Unfotunately, TPTB do want RDA to stay with the show, but it's RDA that wants to leave.

He wants to spend more time with his daughter and while I will miss Jack (he's my fave character) his daugher is WAY more important, and I wish him and his family all the best.
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X