Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I wish he would come back. But I understand that he want´s more time for his family. And I don´t want that he does something he don´t really want´s but if he would decide to come back for a couple of episodes (as Daniel in season 6) I would dancing in my room.

But one little hint, you should concentrating on one thread about this topic bacause the mods here hate it when there are more than one thread about similar themes(maybe because of the data traffic ?) and closing them very fast.

Comment

Personally I would rather RDA support his family than a character.
      Last edited by bioevilfan; 09 February 2005, 03:50 AM.
      The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
      Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
      Wash: It did seem to resemble-
      Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

I understand what you guys are saying and yes RDA's family is more important.

the reason i started the post was for people to show how much they like the portrail of jack on the show and hoppfully they will make sure he does pop up now and again
        that is my intention just the show how much you guys love him and would like him to stay involved as much as possible.

sorry if upset anyone i was just trying to help out

debs x
        giles singing...

Willow , anya, tara: "ohhh"
        xander: "can we go back to the haunted house because this is creeping me out"
        tara: "does he do this alot"
        xander: "sure everyday the earth rotates backward and the sky's turn orange"

willow: "now i remeber why i used to to have such a crush on him"
        any: "his voice is pleasent"
        willow : "cum on it is kind of sexy"
        xander: "i'm fighting total mental breakdown here.. no more fuel in the fire please"

Comment

people seem to think that RDA is leaving completely, but he's not. He's just cut his schedule right down to spend time with his daughter and he *will* be in about 5 eppies.

jack 4 daniel 4eva

kady
          sigpic

Comment

I LOVE Jack. i'll miss him and his jokes

Comment

I'd actually prefer it if RDA left the show. I like the character as much as the next guy, but RDA's wacko schedule had a visibly negative affect on the show's production. Not to mention the time spent coming up with reasons as to why O'Neill isn't on screen. If I had to choose between having bizarrely paced episodes with RDA phoning in his Jack portrayel, or having episodes without Jack that haven't been fussed around with because of the afore mentioned scheduling, I'd prefer the no-Jack scenario. Plus, RDA really should be able to spend as much time as possible with his daughter.
              MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

As much as I love the character of Jack, I can't begrudge RDA for leaving to spend more time with his family (I admire and respect that). But yes, if RDA can find away to give us a little bit of the Jack we know and love every now and then it would definitley be dancing-for-joy appreciated!
                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Without the comedy of Jack the new series will be lacking. But RDA has to do what's right by him, and what's right by him is right by me.

It will be interesting to see how they try to make up for the loss of Jack. I can but hope he will pop up now and again in the new series, even if its just to look vacantly at some complex thing Sam says.
                  The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                  The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                  Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                  Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

While I am with RDA on his decision to spend more time with his kid, I will miss him. Hopefully he will still appear every now and then like Michael Shanks in S6. And maybe he'll come back fully time in season 10 or 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Kady
                      people seem to think that RDA is leaving completely, but he's not. He's just cut his schedule right down to spend time with his daughter and he *will* be in about 5 eppies.

jack 4 daniel 4eva

kady
                      actually that's just spec right now. Nothing has been confirmed. And it's probably driving all the writers crazy not knowing what his real confirmation in any appearances will be as they are trying to write episodes for the first half of the season. However, I would like to think 5 episodes is doable for RDA.

What I really think they ought to to is offer him a contract where he works only one week a month. That would get him in about anywhere in the range of 6-8 episodes and with a whole week to shoot with him it could be a solid RDA based episode as opposed to what we've been getting the last few seasons. I really much rather have that than what we had and It think could be a super flexible schedule for RDA to be with his daughter 3 solid un-interupted weeks every month. However it may take rescheduling their off time for the summer. I'm so tired of seeing snippets of a really good actor and character, I much rather see him in fewer episodes and let him really be the lead character he is.

Comment

I'd love for jack to stay, but the lack of jack in season 8 has made season 8 somewhat lacking, although there were a few good jack moments, and I'm hoping that ben browder can bring Sg1 back to being good. Of course, myself and many other fans wouldn't stand for Cameron being just like jack - we want an entirely new character. But I'm hoping Browder can pull it off.

As for RDA, I think he's made the right decision. Family should always come first, and it's no different to celebrities than it is to anyone else.

And as for jack reappearing, I wouldn't mind seeing him pop up every now and then, but the whole idea of having him as a recurring regular (as he has been for the past season or two) just doesn't work. I'd rather see a guest appearance of Jack in an odd instance. Maybe they need someone with the ancient gene one time in a while, or he just pops in.

I know the shoe can go on without jack, and they can't just get another actor in instead of RDA - that would be sacrilige! The fans would riot in the streets! (Well, almost, but i doubt they'd continue watching.) However, even though it appears as though they may carry on without jack, it's be good if he became a regular guest character, a la kinsey or maybourne - Showing up for an episode or two in the season.

But of course, that's something I could live without. In fact, if they just wrote jack out saying that he spent the rest of his days fishing in a lake with no fish, I'd believe it.

Comment

I think RDA is well aware of the many fans that would be disappointed not to see him in S9 and I'm sure it must have been a pretty difficult decision to make. However, it was still his decision and personally I think it was the right one and probably long overdue for him and his family. Sure, I would love to see him in a few guest appearances in S9, but it's his decision and people should stop harking on it since it probably won't change anything.
                          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

If he comes back, I hope its more full time than s8. They've ruined his character in s8...he ONLY jokes, the best part about Jack was that he was serious when he needed to be, but could still crack a joke here and there, but now, any scene he's in is like watching a mediocre Stargate sitcom.

If it would have to be like s8, I hope he only does guest spots.
                            FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1
                              While I am with RDA on his decision to spend more time with his kid, I will miss him. Hopefully he will still appear every now and then like Michael Shanks in S6. And maybe he'll come back fully time in season 10 or 11.
                              Hope so too. Maybe he'll miss it when its gone .... and come back oneday.

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

I would like to see Jack in half the Season but family comes first.

Comment

Working...
                                X