This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Sueann, welcome!

RDA's involvement in s9 is still a matter of speculation. One of the producers (Robert C Cooper?) has said that he might be in up to four eps or he might be in none of it. Keep an eye on GW cos when the news finally is out we're sure to be discussing it

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      Please stop. The man has been telling anyone that will listen for three YEARS that he wants to go spend time with his family. Your pressure doesn't help him get what he wants and deserves. It makes his life HARDER.
      Right, he's been telling us for YEARS...and then he keeps signing on with more concessions to himself.
      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
        Right, he's been telling us for YEARS...and then he keeps signing on with more concessions to himself.
        He hasn't just been telling us for years, he's been doing it for years. Three years of scaling back and withdrawing. Those 'concessions' he's been getting are largely based around his much repeated wish to work less. He's behaving perfectly consistently, and perfectly reasonably.

Madeleine

Comment

Concessions to working fewer days and farther appart.

Comment

Not really that bothered anymore. Would be good if he made appearences in an episode every so often. But I'm not gonna cry over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              He hasn't just been telling us for years, he's been doing it for years. Three years of scaling back and withdrawing. Those 'concessions' he's been getting are largely based around his much repeated wish to work less. He's behaving perfectly consistently, and perfectly reasonably.
              Alot of time on set is waiting. He was right to ask for better scheduling. Most shows do shoot multiple scenes in the same locations so set up time is not wasted as they were doing early on. He has the clout and he used it. Now TPTB must maximize his time. Commuting is a dull occupation. If they can schedule him even better and they seem to have improved his time onscreen in S8, it just proves he was right about better scheduling. So, if they can improve some more or more creatively, he is again right to ask. I just think there is more to it than the official party line being offered. More as in some other things AS WELL.

Comment

I respect RDA´s wishes to be with his family but I still wish he would come back for some episodes...Jack was IMO always the most human hero in the recent science fiction shows...not so perfect as some other and often snarky and his humour was not always fitting the situation but he was caring for the people around him and for me was it his imperfection who made him so likeable...

-with Jack replaced by a character (MM) who suppostly will mean nothing to me
                -Sam replaced for a 5 epsiodes (but I have still the feeling that it could be
                more) by a character who is IMO the dumbest thing they have ever done to
                the show (Vala)
                -Daniel changing more and more into someone who has IMO nothing in
                common with Daniel before he ascended
                -and Teal´c like always most of the time only in the background (and
                sometimes not even that)

I don´t see no much things for me to enjoy about season 9 when Jack is completly gone

Stargate: Sg 1 is for me the story of SG 1: Jack and Daniel and Sam and Teal´c...And IMO the episodes are only than still good if it´s are real team episodes...As so often: The whole is sometimes more than the sum of it´s parts...
                Last edited by Hathor999; 23 January 2005, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I am with you...we need Jack. But, there are options. BB is ok by me, so long as we have JACK!!!!

When he is on screen, my eyes gravitate directly to him and lock. That's star quality.

Comment

I am with you...we need Jack. But, there are options. BB is ok by me, so long as we have JACK!!!!

When he is on screen, my eyes gravitate directly to him and lock. That's star quality.
                    lol i agree with you, but i also think that RDA should leave. if there were only a way to clone him and preserve Jack's character and let RDA have his time w/family!

but seriously, i will definitely miss him a lot. he's my fav actor. without RDA i probobly wouldn't have become such a fan! lol but i think it's time he spent more of it with his family. and like Madeleine_W said, he's been cutting back on filming for a while and i think that it's finally time to let him go. besides, if he stayed for season9, everyone would just make the same fuss it there's possibly a season 10! ...that is if the other actors/writers don't get tired of it by then.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                    Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

he should be transferred ot the Alpha site if he isnt a main character aymore.

That way he can still have the active and important role (as stated by the producers) and have a legit reason for not being a main character.

Comment

I'm actually really excited to see the integration of BB. He's a strong lead character that I think will work out great as a new team mix for SG-1. I'm not so sure about the new General idea for SGC. Really wish Don Davis could come back, if he had some better health I know he would have been the guy.

Seriously, RDA will be sorely missed. He has and always will be the foundation of this show. I'm curious to see how the show will fair without him. Like I said, i'm anxious to see BB get into the mix, but even as BB has said, he's not a replacement, but simply a new supplement to the story.

It is my hope that RDA will be back for a few episodes here and there. Personally I would love it if he moved his daughter to Canada and he stuck with the show. After all not to many actors get in a hit TV show much less two in their lifetime. He's had plenty of failed TV attempts inbetween the shows. But I commend him greatly for putting his daughter first. She has completely changed his life and that alone gives him the right to put the world aside and walk away from it all. RDA, we hope you still work with the SG in whatever capacity you can. You have more admiration than you know for both your work and your sacrifices.

Comment

Well, my grandma used to say,"... when you are window shopping, price is no object...", meaning that you can want everything and imagine having it. So since we here in the forum are essentially "window shopping" our wants...

I WANT JACK!!!! 24/7/365 !!! Front and center, in his prime. S8 is a big improvement in Jack quality over S7 minus 2 eps I won't mention. So it IS possible to have Jack/RDA in full form, front and center, and give him his schedule. So I want it all. Lots and Lots of Jack/RDA.

Comment

I love Jack ..I'd love to have him back on the show even part time ..

Stargate won't be the same without him and I'm not sure I could stay and watch without him ..He was the soul of the show .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmeister
                              I'm wondering what will become of Jack, storywise. I think it would be nice if he retired to be with Laira from a hundred days.

And it would be nice to see him be a guest star in a few episodes, a la Michael Shanks in season 6.

Sorry... who is that Laira you are talking about ???!!!!!

Must have missed a lot of episodes because I don't remember Jack having had a long term relationship other than with the members of the SG1 team !!
                              I don't even remember Jack mentionning her name lately !!!or am I missing something big !!!

The SGI team is Everything for Jack and I don't think he 'll leave them..They mean the world to him .

He will never give them up for a woman

Caty
                              Last edited by Catysg1; 30 January 2005, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Season 3...Hundred Days.

All these actors to "replace" RDA make me gag.

A) Can't REPLACE RDA.
                                B) Don't want a replacement.
                                C) Can't they do better to add on?

Comment

Working...
                                X