Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think he should be in...Witout him it wount be the same...I can take the Hammond no longer being in command...but no JAck....The show will lose a funny member...I just like his humor and comments...just love it..

Comment

Yes, Jack and the humor were the first things that struck me about the show when I first saw it. But as much as I love him, I guess I would rather have him in a few episodes in a significant way, than appearing (in each ep) just for the sake of appearing. I think the rest of the cast is good and I'm hopeful season 9 will hold up ok. If it really gets revitalized and goes to season 10 (which I see as doubtful) maybe RDA will be tired of "retirement" and want back on.
      Last edited by jckfan55; 20 January 2005, 01:20 PM. Reason: missing words

Comment

I want Jack/RDA because:
        1. He is compelling to watch.
        2. He is a REAL star.
        3. He has brought a wonderful character to life with many dimensions.

Help fill it in.
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I'm at this point glad he's leaving. He's phoning it in, and it's hurting the show. Let him go spend the quality time he really wants with his family and let him have the LIFE he really wants. If you respect him, respect his wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
            I want Jack/RDA because:
            1. He is compelling to watch.
            2. He is a REAL star.
            3. He has brought a wonderful character to life with many dimensions.

Help fill it in.
            RDA, himself, made the choice to cut his time on SG1 so he can spend more time with his family. In fact, the producers, directors, writers, etc. have been working hard to try to keep RDA in as much as possible. Sometimes, they have to use a stand-in for RDA, so they can keep Jack O'Neill in the story. But, because of RDA's shortened work schedule, the producers, directors, writers, etc. have to try to find ways to keep Jack O'Neill in the story when RDA is not available.

But, the man has worked hard nearly all his life, and now he wants to take the time and spend more time with his family. I definitely respect a guy who wants to spend more time with family. Hey....family comes first. God bless RDA and his family.
            sigpic
            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

I'm wondering what will become of Jack, storywise. I think it would be nice if he retired to be with Laira from a hundred days.

And it would be nice to see him be a guest star in a few episodes, a la Michael Shanks in season 6.

Comment

Well, you also have to believe that the official reason is indeed the total reason or like some of us more cynical folks, perhaps, fan pressure will add to his negotiations.
                Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

For me..the only person who could EVER replace Jack (not replace Jack as the character..but replace that missing "piece" in the puzzle that IS Stargate) would BE Ben Browder...I think it's time he stepped in
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                    Well, you also have to believe that the official reason is indeed the total reason or like some of us more cynical folks, perhaps, fan pressure will add to his negotiations.
                    Please stop. The man has been telling anyone that will listen for three YEARS that he wants to go spend time with his family. Your pressure doesn't help him get what he wants and deserves. It makes his life HARDER.

Comment

we can,t demand jack all we can do is hope he will
                      have at least some episodes.

if he decides not to that is his decision.

so let,s be happy for him.

Comment

ok, we know they are casting a new general for SGC. SO we know RDA has to be at the very best a recurring role now. WHat we don't know is how many episodes if at all he's going to be in.

I do respect him to be with his little girl. I think that's so cool. Just really think it's going to hurt the show if his caracter is gone all together. I"m ok with a recurring role for O'Neill, like 6 episodes would keep a stong enough presence to me.

Anyhone have any more recent news on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso
                          I'm close to demanding him to leave the show!

C'mon, the guy is just phoning it in on the days he actually works, and is causing the production team to jump through hoops just to get the episodes produced in a semi-coherent fashion.

I love on O'Neill and RDA, but at this point his priorities are elsewhere and he is more of a liability for the show than anything else. Let's move on.
                          Have to agree here. Oneill has become nothing more than a dumbed down buffoon who just sleepwalks through whatever's going on in the vein hope of finding a joke to amuse himself.
                          In affect, the character seems to have run out of puff, anyway. He serves no purpose most of the time to whatever plot is going on. His character now is nothing more than a cameo for a very lame standup comedy routine. Pity that all the jokes are recycles of what we've already heard before in 100 other episodes.
                          They should only get him back to do what Michael Shanks did in season six.A couple of episodes that are actually about him and not just a string of cameos here and there with unfunny one liners that we're growing tired of.
                          At least Ben Browder will come to the show with energy and enthusiasm for his new venture.
                          RDA probably feels like 'been there, done that-OK, where do I stand-hey my plane leaves in half an hour!"

Comment

I wouldn't mind if O'Neill leaves the show in season 9.
                            In fact, it would be cool to see how it is.

Comment

I feel like RDA has said for two years now that he's ready to move on to other things. That he wants to be with his daughter. I have no reason to think he's not sincere. And I don't want to sign petitions or write letters that make him feel guilty about his decision or make him feel like he's letting down the fans.

I felt the same way about those petitions that were circulating last year to try and get RDA to Gatecon. Jeez, he's said over and over that he doesn't feel comfortable at cons. He knows we'd love to see him - he's the most popular guy on the show. Why make him feel bad about his personal preferences?

The Jack from the earlier seasons was great. There's no one I'd rather have leading the team. He's the perfect combination. A natural leader with good military instincts and a quick wit.

The Jack of the last few seasons? Well, it's been hit or miss. There are times I just don't think RDA's enjoying playing Jack anymore but has been sticking it out to help support the show and the launch of Atlantis. And because he truly values the friendships he's developed with cast and crew in Vancouver.

I wasn't in favor of S10 but since they're going ahead I think they ought to see what Ben Browder and company can do without Jack. If RDA WANTS to participate in 3 or 4 episodes - that's great. Otherwise I'm thrilled for him to go be a father to his little girl - not many 55-year olds have the luxury to retire and not HAVE to work.

And frankly, if this is some negotiating tactic (which I don't think it is) I think it's a poor one.
                              Last edited by keshou; 22 January 2005, 10:12 AM. Reason: typo
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the site and there is so much to read through so apologies if I tread on old ground...I've read lots of speculation, rumours and RDA's persoanl feelings, but has anything actually been officially announced re: RDA's participation in season 9?

I am a definate 'We want Jack' but am also looking forward to the new blood being introduced.

Comment

Working...
                                X