This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    I don't want Pete to die a horrible death or turn out to be evil or anything dramatic like that. I don't *hate* Pete I just don't like the way the character was written. I would be happy if he just quietly ceased to be part of the show. No big dramatic storyline just Sam saying that it didn't work out.

Spoilers Chimera
    I liked Pete at first. When he left her in bed the morning after I thought "O.k. well that was immature but guys make mistakes." When he did the background check I thought "Well, that seem out of line but I guess it can be seen as concern for her safety." But then his FBI friend told him point blank that she was involved in some high level government stuff and that he should just back off but then he still follows her to work and the stake-out. That just crossed the line from concerned to somewhat obsessive with me.
    Yes, Complete and 100% agreement.
    That was basically my thought process too, when I watched the episode.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
      An Anti-Pete Thread! Wow!
      Have there been any more spoilers about Pete's return in Season 8??
      I haven't been reading spoilers but I would like to know why TPTB have decided to bring him back...I wish they hadn't

And another thing i'm a little confused about is, that after Chimera were Sam and Pete still seeing each other? And are they now(end season 7 - start of season 8)?

The only way I think I could cope with Pete coming back is if it is just so that Sam can dump him and tell him that she can't be with him cause she is madly in love with Jack

ROTFLMAO!!!
      I think they are still seeing each other

Affinity
      S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

S
      P
      A
      C
      E
      She asks Jack if it is fair to drop kids off at a day care when she goes through the Stargate. I think Sam and PS are having some issues from the spoilers I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy

Spoilers Chimera

I would be happy if he just quietly ceased to be part of the show. No big dramatic storyline just Sam saying that it didn't work out.

I could live with that! Really, even though I want to see Sam drop him like a hot potato!

I liked Pete at first. When he left her in bed the morning after I thought "O.k. well that was immature but guys make mistakes." When he did the background check I thought "Well, that seem out of line but I guess it can be seen as concern for her safety." But then his FBI friend told him point blank that she was involved in some high level government stuff and that he should just back off but then he still follows her to work and the stake-out. That just crossed the line from concerned to somewhat obsessive with me.

I agree. Totally. And I wonder how many ppl see him like that too? I admit freely that my S/J shipperness confuses the issue, but the Sam fan feels that even if she can't have Jack, she deserves better than a guy that shows her such disrespect.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          why cant everyone just be happy that sam found someone that she likes and makes her happy? sam and jack have been dancing around for 7 years i think sam deserves better. pete is a chance for a normal relationships
          Did Sam look real happy in the 2nd half of Chernobyl..oh I mean Chimera???
          I think not......
          I think " " is giving her crap in "Affinity" and with Sam's type "A" personality I'm surprised she's still with him.
          Sam and "normal relationship"?????Sounds like an oxy-moron to me!!!!
          Type "A" personalities are usually adrenilane junkies and crave exitment in all aspects of thier lives and " " to me doesn't seem to fit the bill.

Comment

Spoilers for Affinity S8
            KIDS?!?!?!? I'm getting scared....but as long as he goes away forever by the end of the episode i'll be happy! Of course I would be even happier if her love for Jack comes into it somewhere and thats the reason she gives him for splitting up

Sam x

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
              Spoilers for Affinity S8
              KIDS?!?!?!? I'm getting scared....but as long as he goes away forever by the end of the episode i'll be happy! Of course I would be even happier if her love for Jack comes into it somewhere and thats the reason she gives him for splitting up

Sam x
              I just wanted to get this thread off page 5, and your post gave me an opportunity.

As I posted in the S/J Shipper thread, I think Sam really is having second thoughts about Pete. He may not be gone by the end of the episode, but I suspect it's the way the writers will ease him out.

Bucky

Comment

I just thought I'd post to balance out most of the replies in the thread being from s/j shippers.

I am definitly NOT a s/j shipper but I really didn't like Pete either and for some of the same reasons. I think both relationships 'lesson' Sam. With Pete she seemed to give up any sense of self-respect by the end of the ep and just came across as needy and desperate. I'm not really interested in the love life of any of the team but if the only way the PTB can think of giving Sam 'character development' is via her hormones, then please can they do it by not compromising the wonderful character that she is/was by making her pathetic and needy (who ever she's paired off with).

Comment

I agree completely with all statements that have been made! I also feel that they have damaged Sam's character by not dealing with what Pete did. Hopefully, the PTB will fix that in season 8.

Comment

S
                    P
                    O
                    I
                    L
                    E
                    R

S
                    P
                    A
                    C
                    E
                    My take on the S/P relationship. Okay, let's look at Sam's love life in general. You have a forbidden relationship with Jack that would demean their personal integrity if they decided to go forward with while both still on active duty. You have various relationships that she has had (i.e. Nerim, Martouf, Orlin, etc.) that appeared to be mostly one-sided (theirs) and definately platonic. As far as I can tell the last sexual relationship Sam had was with Hanson and it was prior to the beginning of SG1. Eight years maybe. That's a long time!

Then you have "Grace". Sam convinced herself that she deserved better and to be happy (Jacob delusion) and that she needed to let the idea of her and Jack go (Jack delusion).

Now you have a smart, funny, kinda handsome friend of her brother's romancing her for all its worth. Okay, he swept her off her feet. But I think that in the long run, he won't last. Especially with his obsessive behavior over her work.

As far as the Jack/Sam thing, as much as I would like to see a happy resolution to their relationship, I don't think that TPTB can do that unless it is very late into the end of the series.

Comment

Pete drives me NUTS!!! I hate his guts!!! If Jack should ever meet him, he should totally punch Pete!!! And then walk over and give Sam a BIG, wompin' kiss. Then he will have Pete arrested for secretly being a goua'ld I will leave the explaination up to the writers.
                      Save us from danger, save us from evil
                      Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

i really had nothing against pete, right up until he followed sam to the stakeout. even if the background check had been the end of it, i coulda seen it, but following her was just too much for me

then telling him? well, i can rationalize it, there is the simple fact that he is now bound by the conficentiality rules and if he digs again he's gonna do time in leavenworth, but still...if Jacob, a 2 star general can't be told on his death bed what his daughtr does, a curious cop from denver who's been dating her less than a month can????

I know pete following hre was just a clumsy way to get pete in the line of fire and the result of lazy writing (sorry PdL) but it was still a plot hole not worthy of the experience of PdL and more of what i'd expect to read from some fresh and brand new writer. that plot hole is what has made the character look far less than good to me.

I don't hate the fact revealed in the s8 spoilers, and i don't hate the character but that simple gaffe has definitely made me less than fond of him

It made him look clingy, controlling, disrespectful adn childish
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, I have to admit that I am not that passionate with TV-characters (most of the time anyway), BUT I most agree with you. It is not right to show him almost everything in SGC after how he acted with his spy/stalking-thing.
                          But to be fair to Sam, I don’t think that she knew/know what he did (I hope not). For her it looked like he was just making a social call.
                          SkyDancer

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            I know pete following hre was just a clumsy way to get pete in the line of fire and the result of lazy writing (sorry PdL) but it was still a plot hole not worthy of the experience of PdL and more of what i'd expect to read from some fresh and brand new writer. that plot hole is what has made the character look far less than good to me.

I don't hate the fact revealed in the s8 spoilers, and i don't hate the character but that simple gaffe has definitely made me less than fond of him
                            Agree with you about the plot hole/lazy writing, which is why I'm giving Pete a break. *BUT* PDL didn't write "Chimera". Story by RCC, Teleplay by Damian Kindler, directed by William Waring. The only thing PDL supplied was his brother.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

aah, i stand corrected then. thank you

well, even if RCC wrote it instead of Peter, it still is lazy writing or at least lazy editing if they took out the explanation of how pete got there.

it turned pete into nothing but a cheap plot device

all it would have taken is a sentence to explain how he got to the stake out, or a sentence of him apologizing at the end...but that didn't happen, hence, i see his character in a far less positive light than if there had been some attempt at explanation
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

all it would have taken is a sentence to explain how he got to the stake out, or a sentence of him apologizing at the end...but that didn't happen, hence, i see his character in a far less positive light than if there had been some attempt at explanation
                                What I saw was a guy doing some rather questionable things because he didn't trust his girlfriend enough to listen to her. Had Pete apologized for his actions (being at the stake-out/following her), I would probably still be grumbling about his behavior, however I wouldn't be so adamant. IMO by having Pete NOT apologize and by telling him all about the Stargate they were condoning and rewarding behavior as right and good when he should have been reprimanded.

An explination and/or an apology, in the episode, would have gone a long way in smoothing over some of my "ruffled feathers"
                                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Working...
                                X