This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay

Sam's been a real jerk with him as all she's done is string him along.
    SueKay!

Sam has not strung him along...

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      SueKay!

Sam has not strung him along...

Sally

I don't think you can say Sam has strung him along because (1) she would have to be intentionally leading him on,which I don't think she is, (2) she "thinks" this is what she wants, and (3) we can't be sure they will not be together, as sad/mad as that makes me. I don't dislike Pete, but I much dislike Pete with Sam.

IMO, Sam is just suffering from frustration (who wouldn't be frustrated if they had deep emotional feelings for someone like Jack and not be able to act on them. And like Jack, I think the military has taught her to suppress her feelings and be able to function without addressing her personal issues, which is good in combat and hostile situations. And because of the work they do, saving the planet and such, there has not yet been a time since they met, that the threat to the planet was not an issue. I feel like that has been the thing holding them back, even more than the regulations. The regulations they could find a way around (retirement, reassignment), but fighting together to save the planet if part of who they are. Eventually all those suppressed emotions will bubble up and Sam will realize what a superficial relationship she has with Pete. And that's what I'm waiting for. Of course, this is just my opinion, and what do I know.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        I'm not as hateful of Pete as I once was, as I realise that all he's gonna get from this relationship at the day is pain.

Sam's been a real jerk with him as all she's done is string him along.
        SueKay, I can't believe you said that.
        Affinity
        Spoiler:
        There is something strange about a guy who questions his status as boyfriend then proposes marriage. Then waits 2 weeks for a answer.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Ok, so I've been reading this thread and I have to say I agree completely with the Anti-Pete vibes. Granted, it is the "Against Pete" thread, but nevertheless. Anywoo, just wanted to get my 2 cents in. So here goes: The moment I heard about PS I just wanted to stop watching the show (of course I didn't or else this wouldn't be a problem). Obviously I still watch it.

Vaguish Spoilers for Chimera
          But after Chimera I really was irritated with TPTB. After a while I moved on and accpeted the character. I even tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, I am a shipper but character development is good as long as it's not in access. Anyway, as I re-watched Chimera my anti-pete feelings rose to the surface and drowned any amiable feelings toward the character I may have had. First thing that bugged the heck out of me: the guy knows Carter for a few weeks or so (not really good at the time frame in Chimera, sorry), gets antsy, almost ruins the stake out, not to mention almost bringing about death, and then to top it all off gets to know about this super secret thing called the Stargate. The whole "Let's tell Pete about the Stargate even though we don't know him very well and hope he doesn't phone up the Enquirer and spill the beans" thing really ticked me off.
          Second thing that bugged me: Calling up a friend to do a background check? What the heck kinda insecure person does that sorta thing? You show me a person that background checks every person they date and I'll show you a candidate for a mental institution!
          (sorry needed to get that little rant off my chest. Feel better now )

Third thing: After just a month he asks her to marry him ? And, better yet, she actually says yes? Did I just go momentarily insane or was that a little fast? But, whatever.

Fourth thing that is bugging me currently: So I was reading the Spoilers for Threads and I am hopeful for some kind of resolution. The entire Pete fiasco is up in the air and I am hoping that the writers will throw a tack up there or let the air out so we can move on!

Thanks for reading and understanding about my little (there's the understatement of the century) rantings and ravings.

On a more calming note, I guess two of the things that are really urking me is the fact that the writers just came up with a rather lame exit for Jack in Grace and left the door wide open for pete to walk in through. Excuse me, but I was under the impression that hallucinations were brought about by someone's own mind. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jack never really said anything accept what Carter imagined he would say.
          The second thing is that for about 6 years the writers never really delved to deeply into any character's life outside the Stargate. Other than Jack. And occasionally a hint here and there about family lives of other charachters, but never anything too specific. Then, here comes ol' season 7 and suddenly Carter has a life. I'm sorry, I like Sam's character, but the all to sudden development of the Pete/Sam relationship was really quick for me. It was like a drive by shooting. I understand that due to RDA reduced air time was one of the causes but I think it wasn't the best course to take. I hate to say it, but it kinda turned me off of Sam's character. Not to say I dislike her, I just lost a little respect for her character. Also, not to say that DDL is not a handsome guy, just that I can't really see Sam going out with him. I could understand the motivation for dating the guy if I was somewhat attracted to him. The pairing just doesn't go in my mind: kinda like Barbie and a teddy bear. Cute. But just not right. Sorry, don't mean to ruffel any feathers, just my silly little opinion.
          Anyway, to wrap this unbearably long story up, I dislike Pete, I do't want the writers to kill his character, just interestingly written out of Sam's life and out of the show so we may be rid of him, and that I still like Carter just not as much as the old Sam.

Thanks for listening or rather reading.

PS
          Proud member of the Bring Back Janet Frasier Club
          Last edited by major_flaming_toaster; 14 December 2004, 05:58 PM.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
          -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Comment

Working...
          X