This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani347
    Well, I have absolutely no way to argue with anyone who would advocate the murder of children. It goes beyond my understanding of human decency. Of anything. I'll just say a fervently disagree and leave it like that.
    Awwwww, maybe if we all hold hands and think happy-happy thoughts, the problems of the world will go away.

A. Its only a TV show.
    B. The JAFFA CHILDREN do not, DO NOT, DO NOT!!!!! need a larval goa'uld put into them. If they have no goa'uld in them, the poison does not affect them. If they have a goa'uld in them, they have the enemy in them.
    C. It's not my kid so who cares.
    D. Effective weapons to fight the goa'uld may have secondary effects.

When the end justifies the means, human decency is sometimes put to the side for more practical ways of thinking.
    When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
      Puting the moral argument aside for the moment ,
      i don't believe the Trust's attack make Earth any safer ,if anything

it actually the make the Earth a higher piority target for the Goa'uld when dust are settle in the System Lord collective.

The use of poison cause the unknow number of Tok'ra operative 's death, which mean the relationship with the Tok'ra will be more difficult to repair, and the Tok'ra will probably never share any new invention with Earth even tif the relation re-establish.

T he loyal or rebel Jaffa will always remember how millions of their brother were kill by people of Earth, The Rebel Jaffa may never truely trust Earth again

The Goa'uld could use the Trust's attact as an excuse to break the protective planet treaty if they want to test the Asgerd, and Asgerd council will be more cautious to transfer technologies to Earth, because it may fell into the Trust's hand.

The Trust did not look at the bigger picture, were they planning to kill all the Goa'uld in the universe while they have the stargate and with their small supply of poison. They would have knnow the Asgerd will eventually came and take the gate back for SGC.
      And they would know th System Lord will take revenage if they Earth get too far.

would Germany or Japan able to take a permanent UN Security
      council if WWII never happen?
      Politically the Earth will take the blame for Trust's attack in the centuies to come, it will damage Earth 's political standing when Earth ascend to be the major player of Milkyway in the furture.

Very good practical reasons why the Trust are behaving dangerously.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        Very good practical reasons why the Trust are behaving dangerously.
        The Trust is the only organization on Earth who is taking an active step in fighting the Goa'uld.
        When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

I will always support whatever action is in the best interest of Earth. I don't support genocide and I don't like BC/N weapons but I will not let the Earth fall to the Goa'uld just because we did not have the will to do what was necessary to defeat them. Some will say that survival at such a cost is not worth the price. I say it is better to live with your sins and to move on rather than to die and had live righteously.

The Tollen people tried to save their world by selling their tech. to the Goa'uld, they were even going to destroy Earth for the Goa'uld to save their people. I do not condemn the Tollen people for trying to save their world. But in the end we were able to do what was necessary to save Earth; we sacrificed the Tollen for Earth to survive. They died righteously for us to live on.

As to what the Trust did I am supportive to a point.
          Baal has the largest army/fleet and thus the largest threat to Earth. To reduce his army/fleet is to reduce the risk to Earth.

Those who say the Jaffa are slaves and should not be killed, I say that the Jaffa serve the Goa'uld are the army of the Goa'uld and thus ligament targets for attack of any form. While some of them are innocent or even or allies in the war against the Goa'uld, there will always be collateral deaths, some intentional in the service of the greater good.

But I question if this was the right time to hit Baal or if they hit the right locations. If they attacked Jaffa armies that have many rebels then they have hurt our cause. And if Baal figured out we attacked him he might decide to retaliate against Earth and at this time we are lacking in defenses. They had the right intentions but their plan was flawed.
          "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
          of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
          Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
          because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
          of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
          another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by donnie_darko
            But I question if this was the right time to hit Baal or if they hit the right locations. If they attacked Jaffa armies that have many rebels then they have hurt our cause. And if Baal figured out we attacked him he might decide to retaliate against Earth and at this time we are lacking in defenses. They had the right intentions but their plan was flawed.
            Every Jaffa has a goa'uld in his belly that may one day turn into a future System Lord. Second, Ba'al is gonna clean house of the System Lords before comming to us. After we defeated Anubis, noone is gonna tango with us for a while. Ba'al will consolidate his forces, and by that time we will be ready. And who cares what the Goa'uld think about us...they are the last people we need a positive image poll taken from.

The Trust has a great plan and i wish they could have continued to carry it out.

I hope everyone noticed that Jack did not give the order to blow up Osiris's ship, even when it was in danger of escaping. Jacks main concern was getting DJ and SC off the ship, not the Stargate or the missles and symbiote poison. When SC asked Jack why he didn't order the ship blown up with DJ and SC on board but destroying the symbiote poison and missles onboard , he replied "tough choice" sarcastically. Does Jack care more about SGC personel than countless Jaffa? I think so.

Comment

(not an attack on you, hunter)

The ends does not justify the means. The Trust, I think, honestly thought that this was the best course of action. But, their idea was wrong, and puts them on the same plank as Anubis himself. It was totally wrong for them to not care at all about the Jaffa, especially when a lot of them could be turned to support the anti-Goa'uld movement.

Once again, the ends does not justify the means.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I finally got to see the episode. Love it or hate it, kudos to the PTB for writing such a thought-provoking situation.

Is the Trust right? Not in my opinion. The Trust is stupid and short-sighted, IMO.

Speaking purely from a practical POV;

Orlin helped people to build a weapon to beat the Goa'uld(Ascension). They won their battle, then promptly sought ways to subjugate other species. The Ascended decided to destroy the whole planet for just thinking about taking that extra step....

All I'm saying is, there are forces more powerful than the Tau'ri out there - even Tau'ri equipped with those thus far elusive zpms. The Tau'ri had better take care that in swatting the hornets they don't awaken the lions sleeping nearby.
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by RUhunter
                  The Trust is the only organization on Earth who is taking an active step in fighting the Goa'uld.
                  Sorry, can't agree. The Trust is throwing out the baby with the bathwater. They are poisoning the well, salting the earth.

Unless they are prepared, morally and resourcefully, to crush every species in the galaxy, they had better smarten up and de-escalate. Because if they screw up and someone bigger, meaner, smarter than them comes along they'll have no one to turn to. No one will come to the aid of self-important brutes.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                    Sorry, can't agree. The Trust is throwing out the baby with the bathwater. They are poisoning the well, salting the earth.
                    Morals, ethics, human decency...at the end of the day, most people would rather be alive. The Goa'uld have no remorse for us, so why should we show it to them?

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                    No one will come to the aid of self-important brutes.
                    Who comes to our aid now or has in the past? Noone!

Comment

That is a very cynical view on this show, isn't it?

We're not remorseful over the loss of the Goa'ulds only THE UNNOCENT TOK'RA AND THE JAFFA WHO ARE OUR ALLIES AND NEED THE SYMBIOTES TO SURVIVE.

And as for no one coming to help us, it's because circumstances that made them help in the past are stopping them from helping now (classic example is when the Asgard can't do anything to help Earth when it's it's going to be destroyed by the asteroid because of the Protected Planets Treaty). It's really not their fault.

Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                        only THE UNNOCENT TOK'RA AND THE JAFFA WHO ARE OUR ALLIES AND NEED THE SYMBIOTES TO SURVIVE.
                        You do realize symbiotes grow up to be evil goa'ulds? And the Tok'ra are a dying race anyways. Goa'ulds should be exterminated. All of them.

Comment

We're not remorseful over the loss of the Goa'ulds only THE UNNOCENT TOK'RA AND THE JAFFA WHO ARE OUR ALLIES AND NEED THE SYMBIOTES TO SURVIVE.
                          Actually, the symbiotes inside the human host are as much our allies as the hosts themselves. Selmack is as much an ally as Jacob.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Sorry, Dani347. I didn't word myself quite right. I was talking about the Jaffa who need the symbiotes to survive. I wasn't biased against the Tok'ra symbiotes or anything. It just didn't come out quite right. Thanks for pointing out my mistake!

And as for you, RUhunter, you really don't like anyone but the Tau'ri, do you? The Tok'ra are not Goa'ulds. They are symbiotes, yes. But Goa'uld refers more to the system lords and those who possess hosts and serve then, like Tannith. And you want to condemn all Jaffa to death? Let them have a chance to get some Tretonin, will ya? Sheesh. And you want the Tok'ra to die an early death? What kind of heartless Unas are you? (sorry for the name calling)
                            Last edited by Daniel's_twin; 28 September 2004, 04:00 PM.

Comment

And as for you, RUhunter, you really don't like anyone but the Tau'ri, do you? The Tok'ra are not Goa'ulds. They are symbiotes, yes. But Goa'uld refers more to the system lords and those who possess hosts and serve then, like Tannith. And you want to condemn all Jaffa to death? Let them have a chance to get some Tretonin, will ya? Sheesh. And you want the Tok'ra to die an early death? What kind of heartless Unas are you? (sorry for the name calling)
                              I like the Genii. And a few select characters from other races.
                              The Tok'ra are goa'uld. The only difference is they live in harmony with their host. What is their ultimate purpose now that they can't reproduce more Tok'ra symbiotes? No point in living!
                              And the Jaffa have had the chance to get Tretonin for a while now. They just don't want to be dependant on the Tau'ri.
                              And don't call me an Unas. Those creatures had a chance to kill DJ and didn't and for that fact I don't like them.

And the Trust is right.

Comment

Ha. Yeah, right.

Ok, to prevent both of us winding up in trouble, I'm wiping my hands clean of this thread. You may see me around in other places, but I won't be here to call you an Unas again. Hey, put down that party hat! Hey!

Comment

Working...
                                X