This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atum
    I think the Trust is spot on in their strategy. When the stakes are that big, the "ends" are all that matter.

so when the reetou decided to kill every potential host in an effort to stop the goauld from spreading, they were warranted and right to try to kill every single human they came across??

Despite the fact that most of those humans not only had never come into contact with the reetou, they didn't even know that they existed
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
      They are still enslaved. There were rebel blacks while there was slavery in the US, does that change the fact that there were still slaves?
      Many Jaffa seem quite proud to serve their lords. It's their choice to believe in the Gou'ald, and some of those who don't still choose to serve them out of loyalty. It's true that the Gou'ald have lied to the Jaffa and use fear and intimidation to keep them under wraps, but there is nothing remotely comparable to the traditional definition of the slavery on Earth. The Unas in Beast of Burden were slaves. They could not have rebelled even if they wanted to (without SG-1's assistance). The situation with the Gou'ald and the Jaffa is materially different as is evidenced by the lack of restraint SG-1 (including Teal'c) has shown in wiping out mass numbers of Jaffa in the past.

Using the poison to defend Earth from an attack is so incredibly different than dialing random Goa'uld occupied planets and killing everyone that it is uncomparable in my opinion.
      The best defense is a good offense. While I don't see the strategic value in the random distribution of the poison, a tactical and methodical assault on Gou'ald strongholds might not be a bad idea and the results would be just as devastating.
      END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
        Many Jaffa seem quite proud to serve their lords. It's their choice to believe in the Gou'ald, and some of those who don't still choose to serve them out of loyalty. It's true that the Gou'ald have lied to the Jaffa and use fear and intimidation to keep them under wraps, but there is nothing remotely comparable to the traditional definition of the slavery on Earth. The Unas in Beast of Burden were slaves. They could not have rebelled even if they wanted to (without SG-1's assistance). The situation with the Gou'ald and the Jaffa is materially different as is evidenced by the lack of restraint SG-1 (including Teal'c) has shown in wiping out mass numbers of Jaffa in the past.

The best defense is a good offense. While I don't see the strategic value in the random distribution of the poison, a tactical and methodical assault on Gou'ald strongholds might not be a bad idea and the results would be just as devastating.
        The Goa'uld have made the Jaffa physically dependent. Thats a little bit more advanced than the situation with the Unas. The Unas could have rebelled without Sg-1. Granted most would have died, but those buggers are hard to kill.

SG-1 hasn't killed Jaffa for NO reason. The Jaffa they have killed were trying to kill them back at the time.

Comment

I have to agree with those who are saying the Trust is wrong. What they're doing is genocide, and I don't think there's any justification for that.

It's their choice to believe in the Gou'ald
          I don't think it's ever so simple as "Hey, I think I'll believe this," when it comes to matters of a spiritual (however wrong) belief system. This has been ingrained into them. It's all they know.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

The Trust is right, the method is efficient. But what do you think the Trust will do once the major outside threat is eliminated. That's right, take over the world and use the same ruthless tactics if they haven't start already.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
              The Goa'uld have made the Jaffa physically dependent.
              Only in that they require a new symbiote every 7 years. A dependancy that has been worked through by those Jaffa chicks T'Pol was leading and outright licked by Teal'c and the Tau'ri. A dependancy that may or may not effect young Jaffa who have not received their first Prim'tah. Again, there are numerous instances of Jaffa who remained loyal to their Gou'ald masters despite doubts as to their divinity and/or true power. I just don't buy the argument that the Jaffa are somehow helpless in their plight.

SG-1 hasn't killed Jaffa for NO reason. The Jaffa they have killed were trying to kill them back at the time.
              One could argue that all Jaffa in the employ of the System Lords are trying to kill SG-1. Besides, SG-1 has invaded their territory on numerous occasions without any regard for the consequences. Don't the Jaffa have the right to protect their planets against human incursion?

Originally posted by 220683
              But what do you think the Trust will do once the major outside threat is eliminated. That's right, take over the world and use the same ruthless tactics if they haven't start already.
              No doubt. I don't buy the Trust's patriotic line one bit.
              END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                so when the reetou decided to kill every potential host in an effort to stop the goauld from spreading, they were warranted and right to try to kill every single human they came across??

Despite the fact that most of those humans not only had never come into contact with the reetou, they didn't even know that they existed
                No, we didn't attack the Reetou first. They were wrong in that example. However, Earth has been attacked many times by the Goa'uld and their Jaffa.
                How could they leave me out?

Comment

Not by all jaffa. You can't go around saying, "Well, Jaffa have attacked us, so we'll attack any Jaffa, even the ones who haven't done anything."

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Apophis: So one human live is more important than all the knowlegde of the Goa'uld?
                    O'Neill: Yes, that's why we are called the good guys!

If you are at war drastic measures can be nesscesary at a certain point. But you can't sacrifice what you are fighting for!

With not mentioning real life here, I am sure you can say for Stargate:
                    The humans want to fight the Goa'uld because they kill and enslave billions of people.
                    To stop them, do we have the right to do the same?
                    Aren't we as bad as the Goa'uld if we do?

"The way is the goal
                    - or -
                    The goal does not allways *I don't know the english word* the means"...
                    www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martouf84
                      'Justify' is I think the word you want.

Comment

Ah, thx
                        www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

Hah. Ya know...when they fired that rocket, I screamed "Get out of there Teal'c !!!" Then it hit me- he has no symbiote. o.o

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                            Hah. Ya know...when they fired that rocket, I screamed "Get out of there Teal'c !!!" Then it hit me- he has no symbiote. o.o
                            Well, aschen, at least your heart was in the right place, but Teal'c is a big boy now and can take care of himself.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Martouf84
                              Apophis: So one human live is more important than all the knowlegde of the Goa'uld?
                              O'Neill: Yes, that's why we are called the good guys!

If you are at war drastic measures can be nesscesary at a certain point. But you can't sacrifice what you are fighting for!

With not mentioning real life here, I am sure you can say for Stargate:
                              The humans want to fight the Goa'uld because they kill and enslave billions of people.
                              To stop them, do we have the right to do the same?
                              Aren't we as bad as the Goa'uld if we do?

"The way is the goal
                              - or -

Well put. If defeating the Goa'uld means losing their humanity, is it worth it? I don't think so.

Comment

Puting the moral argument aside for the moment ,
                                i don't believe the Trust's attack make Earth any safer ,if anything

it actually the make the Earth a higher piority target for the Goa'uld when dust are settle in the System Lord collective.

The use of poison cause the unknow number of Tok'ra operative 's death, which mean the relationship with the Tok'ra will be more difficult to repair, and the Tok'ra will probably never share any new invention with Earth even tif the relation re-establish.

T he loyal or rebel Jaffa will always remember how millions of their brother were kill by people of Earth, The Rebel Jaffa may never truely trust Earth again

The Goa'uld could use the Trust's attact as an excuse to break the protective planet treaty if they want to test the Asgerd, and Asgerd council will be more cautious to transfer technologies to Earth, because it may fell into the Trust's hand.

The Trust did not look at the bigger picture, were they planning to kill all the Goa'uld in the universe while they have the stargate and with their small supply of poison. They would have knnow the Asgerd will eventually came and take the gate back for SGC.
                                And they would know th System Lord will take revenage if they Earth get too far.

would Germany or Japan able to take a permanent UN Security
                                council if WWII never happen?
                                Politically the Earth will take the blame for Trust's attack in the centuies to come, it will damage Earth 's political standing when Earth ascend to be the major player of Milkyway in the furture.

Comment

Working...
                                X