Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the episode will be like the finale episode of ST: TNG, but instead of Q having Picard go there each timeline they have the Stargate do it instead.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
      I think the episode will be like the finale episode of ST: TNG, but instead of Q having Picard go there each timeline they have the Stargate do it instead.
      Right on. My original thoughts pretty much mirrored "All Good Things..."
      Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

that would be the crapest ending ever for SG-1 to have a TNG style ending. they need to have a big finish explotions and a final ending to the goa'uld in the present no AU and no cop out by making it never happen.

the final ep of season 7 the lost city owned great cgi good story and it kind of finished off the villian anubus as it should have

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
          they need to have a big finish explotions and a final ending to the goa'uld in the present
          And big honkin space guns. And magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            Take a strip of paper, like when you make paper-chains. Twist the strip though before you selotape the ends together. Really, go and do it, it's fun. Then draw a line along the centre of the strip, and keep going until you reach the start... then it should be clearer.

(If you then cut along the line something funny happens, but that's probably not relevant to Stargate )

You have to give it an odd number of twists, however. If you give it an even number of twists, the strip will keep it's two-sided properties.

J.
            "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
              You have to give it an odd number of twists, however. If you give it an even number of twists, the strip will keep it's two-sided properties.

J.
              True, I meant a single half-twist and didn't specify.

Although if you *do* give it an even number it's still fun to do the cutting-along-the-line thing.

Madeleine

Comment

True, I meant a single half-twist and didn't specify.

Although if you *do* give it an even number it's still fun to do the cutting-along-the-line thing.

The article I mentioned above went into some of the things you get if you cut it in the middle--as you discussed--which is not the same as what you would get if you cut it at a point more or less than halfway. Not to mention what would happen if you laid multiple strips on top of each other and cut them.

It's all equally weird!

J.
                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Does the spoiler info actually specify moebius bands? Or might it be a moebius bottle? (A 3-d closed shape where you can't distinguish the inside from the outside)

Madeleine

Comment

Does the spoiler info actually specify moebius bands? Or might it be a moebius bottle? (A 3-d closed shape where you can't distinguish the inside from the outside)
                    Oh... that's a Klein bottle created by joining two moebius bands. It doesn't really exists in 3-space though. You need 4 dimension to insert the neck of the bottle into the bottle itself connecting to the base without making a hole in it.

Comment

Below is part of a column by Paul Doherty and Pat Murphy from Fantasy and Science Fiction magazine (1998):

//Wormholes and Exotic Matter

For this, we consulted an excellent book by Kip Thorne: Black Holes and Time Warps&emdash;Einstein's Outrageous Legacy. In the final chapter, Thorne describes his efforts to assist Carl Sagan in coming up with a plausible solution for Sagan's novel, Contact. Sagan needed a method by which a character could travel for an hour or so and make her way from near Earth to a position near the star Vega, some 26 light years away. To assist Sagan, Thorne explored the science fictional possibilities of the wormhole, a hypothetical shortcut for travel between distant points in the Universe. Like the hole in the Mobius strip, a wormhole connects two points by taking a shortcut through another dimension.

According to Thorne, wormholes were discovered mathematically way back in 1916, as a solution to Einstein's field equation. But those mathematical wormholes aren't much use for interstellar travel: they appear, connect two points, then pinch off and disappear very very quickly. Thorne writes of such a wormhole, "...its total lifespan from creation to pinchoff is so short that nothing whatsoever (no person, no radiation, no signal of any sort) can travel through it, from one mouth to another. Anything that tries will get caught and destroyed in the pinch-off."

Thorne postulates something called "exotic matter" that holds the wormhole open by pushing its walls apart gravitationally. He discusses the properties of exotic matter at length and indicates that such stuff does indeed theorectically exist: Stephen Hawking's discoveries related to black holes suggest that such matter may exist near a black hole's event horizon. Thorne suggests that, given what physicists know now, wormholes could theorectically be created by an infinitely advanced civilization and held open with exotic matter. He goes on to talk at length about the possible uses of those wormholes.

In the end, it makes the two of us think about that hole through the Mobius strip. A Flatlander mathematician or theorectical physicist might theorize that such a thing was possible, and be accused of indulging in science fiction. From the point of view of the Flatlander, that hole was punched by some unimaginable entity existing in another dimension. From our point of view as three-dimensional creatures, wormholes are similar.//

I wonder if the ep will have something about finding some way--other than the mirrors--of tying the AU's to the prime universe, some wormhole through the strip.

J.
                      Thorne postulate that Exotic matter has less energy than a vacum...
                      This would bend space and time(aka Gravity) in the 'wrong' way.
                      THis bending is used to stablize wormholes that pop in and out of space all the time. This would make wormholes that you could use for travel. Possible between different universes.
                      I'm not here man
                      Hello it was me

Comment

Originally posted by mathwizard
                        Oh... that's a Klein bottle created by joining two moebius bands. It doesn't really exists in 3-space though. You need 4 dimension to insert the neck of the bottle into the bottle itself connecting to the base without making a hole in it.
                        Ooops

Madeleine

Comment

Just adding some more speculation.

Chris Judge mentioned a possible SG movie that takes place in the 2nd season. Maybe 'Moebius' sets up this time loop where they go back to the past. I'm not sure that would work if Kawalksy is around. But there's a good chance it's connected, especially if they are planning for this to be the last season.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                            so, anyone know anything about moebius
                            Colin Cunningham (Major Paul Davis) is in part one of Moebius. He started filming at the start of the week. He said that all his scenes are with Amanda and Michael.

~ Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by meshel_luvs_cc
                              Colin Cunningham (Major Paul Davis) is in part one of Moebius. He started filming at the start of the week. He said that all his scenes are with Amanda and Michael.

~ Michelle

Well, *that* doesn't sound good for Jack's participation in the ep!

J.

Comment

Well, *that* doesn't sound good for Jack's participation in the ep!.
                                Maybe Jack's in a different loop talking to Kawalsky.

So now we have Major Davis, Kawalsky, and Hammond in this episode. Can Janet be far behind? How about Apophis and Sha're? Hmm.. Sounds like it may touch on a lot of old story arcs. I'm really curious about this episode. Way too long until March.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X