Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea is plausible. The Nox were quite advanced, yet didn't possess weapons that we know of. My thoughts on the technologies of these four races is that they shared advancements that would have been of benefit to their respective cultures. The asgard never cloaked their ships but possessed powerful engines and weapons, the ancients had shields, engines and weapons of powerful design. Yet we have seen the asgard from the pegasus galaxy fly right through the shield of Atlantis. If the furlings had developed that level of technology, then they would have been the most powerful race to inhabit the stars, not the ancients. Which may be what did happen. It is just speculation.
    An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

perhaps the furlings didn't advance, yet regressed instead. Suppose the furlings were the designers of the Sentinel.

Comment

Well it really is quite possible the Furlings were the most advanced race to inhabit the stars. We know nothing about them at all, we just assume the ancients were the most advanced because we know so much about them and in the Galaxies we've seen they were the most dominant. No reason why the Furlings couldn't be thousands or millions of years more advanced than the Ancients and just didn't interfere in the Milky Way Galaxy which they considered the territory of the Ancients.

Comment

Just another thought, which I did post in another thread, what if they actually regressed instead of progressed.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.chrismckay View Post
            Just another thought, which I did post in another thread, what if they actually regressed instead of progressed.
            that would be totally boring. :-p

Comment

I Will.let you.guys.take.the.lead.buster as I'm just a mere noobie
              Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Lol, everyone whose seen the 200th episode knows what the Furlings look like. BG. I will admit that while an E-wok isn't what I had in mind, I do picture something bordering on Lycanthropic. Okay, so that's three different Sci-fi stories I've referenced, see if you can name them. ;-) I'll give you a hint, the first one is SG-1 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  For me, it would have been the Quezacotl from The Crystal Skull.
                  Ditto. Considering earth was a hub of activity in Ancient times, it would make sense that they had a skull to communicate with the furlings. I'd also like to think that they're the same race that built the planets in SGU and were perhaps also jointly on some mission with the ancients with this background radiation thing. Perhaps they were actually travelling out there while the ancients chose to send destiny to provide a stargate when they were ready to go?

I've been thinking this for a long time so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I suspect Quadhelix will be along soon to dismiss all but his own ideas though..

Comment

Originally posted by dr.chrismckay View Post
                    perhaps the furlings didn't advance, yet regressed instead. Suppose the furlings were the designers of the Sentinel.
                    It looked more like Asgard tech.

Comment

the Furlings were first shown in Season 2 "One False Step". Did everyone miss that?

Comment

mind posting a pic?
                        sigpic

Comment

85791.jpg

Comment

The 200th was a joke episode. It is clearly not what they would look like.
                            I think the Furlings was meant to be a mistery race and intended to remain as such. We saw their tech, or it was supposedly theirs in that paradise lost.
                            I don't think that the giant mist aliens are the Furlings either. The radiation in which they appear is clearly harmful until you phase out to their dimension. Plus they don't appear to have any kind of technology apart from the knowledge to build pyramids of enormous size and the crystal skull. However the writers didn't explain if the crystal skull was created by those aliens or the pyramid built by them. It's possible they just reside there. Although waiting who knows how long in a pyramid as a tactics against the Goa'uld seems a stupid idea to me. If Daniel's grandfather hasn't stumbled upon that skull they could've been waited for forever.
                            sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Stargate Worlds would have been featuring the Furlings, according to it, the Alliance races had considered creating a caretaker. The Asgard created the Solacris, which turned against them and accelerated their genetic degenerations, the Nox didn't want one, the Ancients made the humans, and the Furlings made the Goa'uld, who then turned against the Furlings corrupting them.

They were a crystal race.

Comment

Source?

Comment

Working...
                                X