Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a bad idea, I had a similar idea, the furlings being the original ancestors of the race we now call the philistines, (i.e, goliath, and the other giants.) enlarged cranium, designers of stonehenge, lots of body hair, could be called what everyone wants to be the missing link. The Hammond would be the ship which discovers them, and when they return to the milky way, it awakens an enemy we originally saw in the sg-1 episode "Grace".
    An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Flu View Post
      What if the Furlings turned out to be more advanced than the Ancients and rather than living on planets they actually lived on a huge massive city ship (or perhaps a few city ships) that on the outside was no bigger than let's say the Destiny but on the inside was big enough to house an entire civilisation?
      Sounds a bit cramped! How could you possibly fit an entire civilization into that?
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        Sounds a bit cramped! How could you possibly fit an entire civilization into that?
        It's a lot bigger inside. Like the ST Enterprise episode "Future Tense".
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          You missed the whole Doctor Who reference. I can see how that might have happened.

Comment

lets not follow hollywoods example of show stealing. using the current info from all stargates, we could create an all new show following current stargate shows.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.chrismckay View Post
              lets not follow hollywoods example of show stealing. using the current info from all stargates, we could create an all new show following current stargate shows.
              But the whole bigger on inside than outside was around in science before any sci fi show picked it up. You could say just by Stargate having spaceships they're copying other shows. Just by Stargate having transporter beams means they're copying other shows. I think it's less copying other shows and just acknowledging the same scientific theories and using them.
              I think the idea of the entire Furling civilisation being in some sort of extra dimension of space in a city ship thats bigger on the inside rather than the outside is good idea and explains why the Furlings seem to have disappeared and why they were never found.

Comment

I also believe that technology could have been their undoing and unleash a new enemy for Earth to battle.
                If the Furlings are occupying some extra dimension of space it's possible some other lifeform resides there, perhaps a darkmatter/darkenergy enemy.
                The Furlings eventually encountered this enemy and were defeated. When Earth sends people over to investigate the ship they discover that the ships power is almost depleted, when the ships power depletes the ship will re-enter normal space. The entities still onboard the Furling ship, which defeated the Furlings end up being brought into normal spacetime along with the ship and become a new threat to the regular universe.

Here's my thinking. These darkmatter/darkenergy beings feed on energy, they were attracted to the Furlings ship because of the enormous energy output and were feeding on the ships reactor for centuries. When the ships reactor depletes the Furling ship will re-enter normal spacetime and the entities will travel along with it and succesfully traverse dimensions which previously they've never been able to do. They now need to find a new power sources and it turns out they can feed on stars! but when they feed on stars they go supernova and wipe out the star systems they're in which obviously includes Human occupied worlds with Stargates.

These beings can also detect stargates in use because they sense the massive energy outputs so they end up travelling to stars where they detect stargate activity more often than star systems without gates.

I've thought up something else. When these beings came into our reality they were altered in some way and obtained physical biological bodies but also retained their dark matter/dark energy element too. So they exist onboard the Furling ship and use it to travel around but when it comes to feeding on the stars they can enter into a rem sleep state and leave their bio bodies behind in some sort of ethereal projection and travel to the star and feed on it. Once fed they return to their bodies and the ship and move on.
                They realise that they need to re-power the furling ship and re-activate the dimensional technology to re-enter their own dimension of space in an attempt to bring back with them their entire civilisation. Our universe with all its stars is like an all you can eat buffet.

Earth needs to find a way of defeating the enemy and the Furling ship and stop them from doing it.

Does anybody want to ask me any questions on my idea? if I answer direct questions it'll all make more sense.
                Last edited by Asgard Flu; 20 September 2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

As for the power source of the Furlings ship, the power source worked in a similar way to the ship in the sense that the power source was a glass like sphere that created yet another dimension aka bigger inside the sphere than outside. Within this sphere (which was no bigger than a desk paper weight) they placed and harnessed hundreds of quantum singularities.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Flu View Post
                    These beings can also detect stargates in use because they sense the massive energy outputs so they end up travelling to stars where they detect stargate activity more often than star systems without gates.
                    If they could detect the use of stargates, then why haven't they become a scourge before? If they feed on energy, the energy released when a wormhole becomes active would have attracted them a lot sooner. Especially when the supergate had become active.

Comment

If they could detect the use of stargates, then why haven't they become a scourge before? If they feed on energy, the energy released when a wormhole becomes active would have attracted them a lot sooner. Especially when the supergate had become active.

Hmm, let me add. Something else awakened them. Maybe when all the stargates were opened to kill off the replicators. These aliens slowly began awakening. Once the Ori started to make noise they decided to stay back and wait for things to calm down. After the Ori/Adria were done away with, the path was clear for them to start making their move for Galactic domination, and thus the evil laughter starts. That is assuming they can laugh in an evil fashion.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

perhaps, the two naquadriah planets exploding, dialing destiny did require the most power with the gates, I think..

Comment

First off, my response upon reading the first post:

I've always figured that if time could be stretched in the gateverse, then they could simply stretch space that way rather the whole "other dimension" thing. Like how warp-theory works from Star Trek, but put to a different use.

My response after having read the rest of the thread:

You could say it was all of that. The multiple dialings would have set off a chain of events that, because of other feats like the Ori, the Attero Device, the Wormhole Drive and dialing Destiny (happily referencing each series) hurried it along.

That said I don't want too much information on the Furlings... but having them exist in virtually no real space is a worthy counterpart for ascension and having cities out of phase.
                          With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Comment

ok let me clear this up ;-) ............

........ these entities exist in a different dimension of space and have no means of entering our dimension of space. The Furling ship however uses technology that place the ship inside their dimension. These entities came upon the Furling ship and fed on the Furling ships energy source and killed off the Furlings on that particular city ship when the Furlings attempted to stop them. These entities remained onboard the Furling ship feeding on the energy source for centuries but eventually it depleted around the time the Earth crew discovered it. When the ship ran out of the required amount of power to sustain the "Tardis" effect the ship phased back into normal space-time and the entities that were still onboard the ship at the time also phased into our universe along with it. That is how these entities enter our universe.
                            The transition from their dimension to ours also causes their biological nature to phase too and they obtain a duality of both physical/biological and ethereal bodies. They require their physical bodies to exist in our dimension and thus need the ship to get around from star system to star system but when they need to feed they can enter a trance state and leave their bodies and become ethereal in nature and they go and feed on the energy given off by stars.
                            This leaves their biological bodies a sitting target but their energy bodies allow them to pass through solid matter such as a ships hull and in their energy/ethereal bodies they are immune to the majority of things. but they cant stay ethereal for long.

Now that they know how to enter our universe and now they are aware that our universe and its stars is an all you can eat buffet they intend on replenishing the ships power supply in order to initiate the tardis effect again and bring back more of their species into our dimension.

When they were in their natural state in their own dimension they didn't detect stargate activity because stargates didn't exist there but they did have a "genetic" ability to find source of energy to feed on which is how they eventually found the Furlings. Now they are in our dimension their "genetic" ability allows them to detect the energy output of activated stargates.
                            Last edited by Asgard Flu; 20 September 2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

sounds like McKay and Carter would figure this out, and within a couple of stars(episodes)they would destroy the ship and the beings biological bodies as well. Without physical bodies, they would remain as energy, and when they tried to do something in our universe, the ascended beings might step in and take action, as they now know what threat the ascended Ori posed. IMHO.

Comment

sounds like McKay and Carter would figure this out, and within a couple of stars(episodes)they would destroy the ship and the beings biological bodies as well. Without physical bodies, they would remain as energy, and when they tried to do something in our universe, the ascended beings might step in and take action, as they now know what threat the ascended Ori posed. IMHO.
                                While I agree they would figure it out, especially Carter, I don't agree they would be able to destroy a ship built by one of the four great races.

Plus this has nothing to do with the Ori, or the ascended planes... so why should the Ancients bother?
                                With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Comment

Working...
                                X