Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well let's consider this first. The Furling ship is huge city ship with thousands of decks and a massive power source. When the power drops below a certain point the tardis effect switches off through lack of power but that doesn't mean there's not still a sizeable amount of power running the ship. Also with the tardis effect no longer working the ship is no longer the size of the Destiny, it's the size of something like the moon! and it's got shields powered by quantum singularities. I doubt they can take the ship down very easily!

Comment

I came across this quote in an interview at http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/in...ififanqa.shtml and wondered if anyone knew something more to this; I thought it was intriguing:

Q: Will we ever meet the Furlings?

Cooper: Who says we haven't?

if the team did meet a Furling- or Furlings- who would you be inclined to think it was?
      They figured he was a lazy, time-wasting slacker. They were right.

Comment

For me, it would have been the Quezacotl from The Crystal Skull.

With a name like Furlings, giant mist aliens are the last thing we'd expect.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post

I thought it had beeen confirmed that those weren't the Furlings?
          With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post

Interestingly enough I was just going through the SG-1 series again and was just watching this episode and thought these aliens would make a good candidate myself. So these guys are on my maybe-Furling-radar.

Originally posted by Twilord View Post
            I thought it had beeen confirmed that those weren't the Furlings?
            I do seem to recall this from a while back. In fact I seem to recall that at some point the writers claimed the "who says we haven't?" question was a joke and no Furling had ever appeared onscreen. So at least some statements they make are false and some are true - generally we take the second as the true (no Furling onscreen) and the first as the false (possibly seen Furling onscreen but didn't know it)- but since we don't really know which is true and which is false in these cases, we can just reverse our angle and view the first as true (possibly seen Furling onscreen but didn't know it) and the second false (no Furling onscreen)- so feel free to ignore anything that was said by the writers concerning Furlings after the "who says we haven't?" comment as red-herrings.

Truth be told, from my perspective "who says we haven't?" doesn't ring of a joke

Comment

I think it'd be interesting if the Furlings ended up being the exact opposite of what they're usually speculated to be.

Perhaps they're even malevolent, like after the Ancients emigrated to Pegasus the Furlings parted ways with the Asgard and Nox and that's why they're extinct, or maybe they even became what we know as the Goa'uld. That may be a stretch but it would be a very compelling twist IMHO.

If not that, then perhaps the Furlings were a race that we met early on in our travels thinking they were primitive, only to find out they disguise themselves as such to avoid confrontation with other powerful races like the Goa'uld (maybe their numbers are too small to wage war). Much like the Nox but their disguise is carried out differently. Maybe even they allowed themselves to be enslaved to a lesser degree by a minor Goa'uld to "protect the greater good".

Comment

The team has found Furling outposts and technology before. If they were to run into Furlings, they probably would be able to recognize them if they are using any technology. But personally I don't read to much in that statement and I don't think they'd write them Furlings into secretly one of the races we've already seen.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yeh it's pretty much been confirmed no Furling has ever been shown, closest we got was in that utopia episode they were going to have a Furling skeleton but it ended up being left out of the episode.
                  I think as for candidates for Furlings... that large purple ship in the episode grace could be Furlings. The ship was huge, looked like they had advanced technology, we never saw them or learned anything of them so they could be Furlings and we'd never know. Not sure why they attacked the Prometheus in the first place but they at least kept their end of the bargain and left the Prometheus alone and handed back the crew when they helped them escape.

Comment

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Grace

Comment

Just had an interesting idea. The purple ship from the episode Grace of SG1, the one that attacked the prmetheus, they could have been Furlings, there's no way of really knowing. I think that ship could be a good candidate for the Furling ship in my idea. It was huge and could be considered a city ship and could still for the intents of the show be bigger on the inside.

Comment

IIRC, the four great alliances had the ability to move their ships through the shields of their allies, so then the plasma beam weapon left by the asgard would potentially penetrate their shields and do massive amounts of damage.
                        An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

The Furlings could be the ones from Universe who built the planets. Afterall if the Ancients hadn't chosen ascension, the Nox hadn't chosen to live effectively out of phase, and the Asgard hadn't been dying a long long time, then who is to say they wouldn't be capable of that sort of thing?

Plus the "who says we haven't" remark does sound like a joke to me, but I'd need to know which season it corresponded with...
                          With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Comment

Originally posted by dr.chrismckay View Post
                            IIRC, the four great alliances had the ability to move their ships through the shields of their allies, so then the plasma beam weapon left by the asgard would potentially penetrate their shields and do massive amounts of damage.
                            Why would you believe the Asgard were more advanced than the Furlings?

We know the Ancients were/are more advanced than the Asgard, why can't the Furlings be between the Ancients and Asgard on the advancement scale?

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              The team has found Furling outposts and technology before. If they were to run into Furlings, they probably would be able to recognize them if they are using any technology. But personally I don't read to much in that statement and I don't think they'd write them Furlings into secretly one of the races we've already seen.
                              I hear you. In this thread feel free to just wave-off the comments afterward and take the first statement as though it is true. Just for the fun of it.

Comment

I've always wondered what was up with the unknown aliens from the episode Grace. We never heard or saw them again. Could've been the Furlings.

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                                I think it'd be interesting if the Furlings ended up being the exact opposite of what they're usually speculated to be.

Perhaps they're even malevolent, like after the Ancients emigrated to Pegasus the Furlings parted ways with the Asgard and Nox and that's why they're extinct, or maybe they even became what we know as the Goa'uld. That may be a stretch but it would be a very compelling twist IMHO.
                                I really do like this idea as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X