X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor i chose you , but back to the point NEVER
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Wouldn't it be a twist if the blueberry aliens in SGU turned out to be a group of furlings?

Comment

blueberry aliens...heeheehee!!
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

The Goauld were the basis of Egyptian myths; the Ancients of Arthurian legendry; the Asgard of the Viking sagas: perhaps the Furlings could be the basis of another fascinating mythos like Hindooism (many very interesting and bizarre gods to choose from and some great stories too).

Comment

The furlings were shown on the 200th episode but we dont know whether or not those were the actual furlings due to the fact that the 200th epsiode was a funny spoof episode. The furlings are behind the paradise in paradise lost and so with the skeletons of those they found the furlings could be human or atleast humanoid.. the giant aliens of the crystal skull episode might be them but its difficult when the producers only threw in the furlings as a filler race cuz 4 sounds better than 3 in the alliance scenario....but either way the furlings could be a good race that the show could of thrown in
            sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

Originally posted by Orion475 View Post
              I keep thinking that the Furling battlecruisers are from the episode "Grace"

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=153&pos=51
              That's my theory aswell, it was very advanced, it was in The Milky Way galaxy, meaning close proximity to the other 3 races. And who says anything about them not being "evil"? Perhaps the alliance was fine that they were semi-hostile (every alliance needs a bad apple), perhaps they were friendly with the other races, but just hostile to "inferior" ones or they tricked the other 3 races into thinking they were good guys and were really just using the alliance as a sourc of information, perhaps they weren't even hostile, just very curious and very cautious, they've probably had to be around the Goa'Uld for a while, that makes everybody suspicious of new races, maybe they got wiped out by someone or something and that was the last ship, so they didn't want to take any chances, (the last explanation would also explain why we haven't really encountered them).

Anyway, despite all those perhapses and maybes I think that's our best bet out of everything we've seen so far. I don't see the connection between them and the giant aliens of the crystal skull at all, in fact, I think there are several points contradicting them being.. them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloosty View Post
                Wouldn't it be a twist if the blueberry aliens in SGU turned out to be a group of furlings?
                No As I showed AGGGES ago this is the Furlings

Originally posted by Steam View Post
                They are so cool and have ray guns to help us out

So there
                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

The Furlings are the offspring of ewoks and care bears.
                  sigpic
                  Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Actually, according to Joe in his blog:
                    But with 200 came the opportunity to honor those fan requests, and the viewers at home finally got to see those lovable furry creatures who turned out to be a cross between an ewok and a deranged koala.
                    so, not care bears, deranged koalas...
                    sigpic

Comment

I choose to believe that Brak from Space Ghost was a Furling
                      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

How could I have missed this thread all this time!

Go Furlings!
                        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I want to believe the Furlings are/were basically Asgard in terms of level of technology and society...

...but big and fluffy.

Actually, now that I've thought of that, I would love if somebody actually created a visual image of that. That would be awesome.
                          If there is hope... it lies in the proles.

Comment

There are three things we will never see in Stargate...

1.) Sam and Jack get married or kiss other than in a time loop/alien virus/alternate reality
                            2.) Daniel get a girlfriend who doesn't die
                            3.)The Furlings (200 doesn't count)
                            It's sad, but true.
                            "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

The one thing I've always loved about Dr Who is the whole, it's bigger in the inside thing.
                              It's even been used in Star Trek, in an episode of 'Enterprise' a ship from the future is taken onboard and when they open it it's bigger on the inside than the outside. I find it fascinating.
                              So I was thinking why can't Stargate do something similar?

What if the Furlings turned out to be more advanced than the Ancients and rather than living on planets they actually lived on a huge massive city ship (or perhaps a few city ships) that on the outside was no bigger than let's say the Destiny but on the inside was big enough to house an entire civilisation?

My introduction to the furlings would be that a Daedalus class ship encounters a ship adrift in space but it's a strange ship, it's the size of the Destiny BUT it's as thin as a sheet of paper. There's no discernible external markings or technology and yet when they scan the ship it's giving out unexplainable results like 10,000 decks and weapons systems and propulsion. They lock the Asgard beams onto one of the decks inside the ship and beam over a MALP, it works and they decide to send over some people.

Sound like a good idea so far?

Comment

A nice bit of fan fiction, I like it. Specify what ship finds the Furling one though(and how it hasn't been found before).
                                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X