This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
    I have no clue what you just said. So I will just assume you said something along the lines of; "That is awesome! I would give my German ancestry and my blood to be able to use something like that."
    well actually I said I was not going to read it all, I have now, and indeed it is awesome.

ow and the latter part was about me having to learn for my German test on Wednesday

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
      well actually I said I was not going to read it all, I have now, and indeed it is awesome.

ow and the latter part was about me having to learn for my German test on Wednesday
      Ah. That explains it. I'm glad something that I've been working on is awesome. Most of my stuff lately just isn't that interesting to most people on this forum..

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      Not really, the logic gives me headaches, and once your able to travel a nanosend into the past or future- well, a journey of a hudnred miles begins with a single step.

In a hunded years, it'll be fleets of blue police boxes ducking it out with the goa'uld.

Actually it is less than a nanosecond. For the OLAE to work properly you'll have to have some lateral movement that continues throughout the 'jump.' Once that is accomplished you basically can travel at or faster than light, depending on the angle and the frequency of temporal oscillation. In the end the OLAE is just something new so that I don't have to resort to the ever popular Hyperdrives or Warp Drives.

Nah. That'll only happen when the rabid fan-boys and girls of Dr. Who have the resources to make custom starships. I like all people are terrified of that day, mostly because Trekkies and Star Wars fans will also have that capability.

Comment

Actually it is less than a nanosecond. For the OLAE to work properly you'll have to have some lateral movement that continues throughout the 'jump.' Once that is accomplished you basically can travel at or faster than light, depending on the angle and the frequency of temporal oscillation. In the end the OLAE is just something new so that I don't have to resort to the ever popular Hyperdrives or Warp Drives.

Nah. That'll only happen when the rabid fan-boys and girls of Dr. Who have the resources to make custom starships. I like all people are terrified of that day, mostly because Trekkies and Star Wars fans will also have that capability.

Comment

ok to answer the many questions, but keep in mind that this ship is in a different world/universe/ultraverse(as some people put it). First, they'd have a hard time shooting throught he screen and windows seeing as they're levithan crystal. (type of crystal that can be turned into a metal by some sort of electro-babble which i haven't done anything on yet, i know that it was made in a lab by some other race though). Merlin: the 'intakes' are the sticky out bits. dark matter gen. that powers each engine and the weapons overhead. (6 light laser cannons and 2 ion cannons (i desided to go oldschool with the weapons)). the lasers can spin around freely in 360' turns. i got bored of ships weapons being able to shoot each other so thats why i put the gaurds in. (the big bad guys in it hack the weapon systems shortly to sabotage the ships armanent.)

to get you in to understand: one laser cannon and one ion cannon are placed to shoot out both sides of the ship when it does a fly-by. two laser cannons gaurd the rear and another two gaurd the front. there are also two beamers at the front. the armour is hadrim (kind of really strong armour) and the window is to give the false impression of weakeness so that they fire at the strongest part of the ship.

this is the 'technical' veiw. (2D image)

Spoiler:

make sure to scroll right!
          Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post

What? Is there something in my illogical thought process that makes too little sense or did something I say frighten or disgust you?

Comment

Originally posted by daryl froggy View Post
              what? Is there something in my illogical thought process that makes too little sense or did something i say frighten or disgust you?
              nah. That'll only happen when the rabid fan-boys and girls of dr. Who have the resources to make custom starships. I like all people are terrified of that day, mostly because trekkies and star wars fans will also have that capability.

Comment

Hey I may like Star Wars and tolerate Star Trek but I know there are those who are fans of one and consider any fan of the other heretics, I'm just glad that I haven't met one in person yet. And when those two groups get the capability to make starships well I seriously doubt that anyone other than the entire military power of the Earth, or God if they went too far, could stop them.

When that day comes I'll gather all those who wish to win the coming war and build intelligently designed interstellar warships. And hopefully I won't die.

Comment

My ship would be a cross between a 304 and the re-imagined Galactica.
                  Flight Pods:
                  2 flight pods, each capable of holding 20 F-302s
                  Engines:
                  4 sub-light engines arranged like those on the Galactica.
                  5 maneuvering thrusters.
                  2 hyper-drives (1 primary, 1 as back-up)
                  Weapons:
                  8 Anti-aircraft weapons on each pod. 4 to cover the ventral-side and 4 on the dorsal-side.
                  12 railguns: 4 on each pod, and 4 on main hull.
                  10 missile tubes (nuclear and non-nuclear)
                  Shielding:
                  Blend of Asgard and Ancient technology
                  Dimensions:
                  300 meters (length)
                  150 meters (width)
                  100 meters (height)
                  Crew compliment:
                  Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Hey I may like Star Wars and tolerate Star Trek but I know there are those who are fans of one and consider any fan of the other heretics, I'm just glad that I haven't met one in person yet. And when those two groups get the capability to make starships well I seriously doubt that anyone other than the entire military power of the Earth, or God if they went too far, could stop them.

When that day comes I'll gather all those who wish to win the coming war and build intelligently designed interstellar warships. And hopefully I won't die.
                    Somehow, I don't think we'll lve to see that day.

But if it does, I call Tau Ceti.

Comment

You can have Tau Ceti so long as I can have the void between systems and galaxies.

Comment

I think I'll just stick with Andromeda.

And the German thing was amusing.
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Just Andromeda? Why? Why not select a galaxy in another supercluster? There are so many galaxies to choose from.

As for the German thing... yeah I guess it was pretty funny.

Comment

Another galaxy in another stacluster, why not a starcluster itself. My birthday today . I'll definetly post my outpost later.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                              And the German thing was amusing.
                              As for the German thing... yeah I guess it was pretty funny.

LOLZ!!!! Im glad it was.

If I could make a starship, I'd make a small but agile warship, armed to the teeth, with the capability to tow a large cargo container or 100

I would make cash like a ferengi!

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                                Another galaxy in another stacluster, why not a starcluster itself. My birthday today . I'll definetly post my outpost later.
                                happy birthday!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X