• Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers please
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
      LOL.....

Computer went loco..... by the time i got it fixed i'd lost too much time, so i pulled out a while back....

Here's the ship i've been working on while afflicted with this bum hand. (Damn good thing i can use the mouse with both hands).....

Spoiler:

Obviously it's a Prometheus rebuild.... which means i'm almost certain to call it Icarus. Right now i've got no stats at all, apart form that it's smaller than the Prometheus and that i'm looking to do two varients, Exploration and Military.

Both wil have a couple Jumpers... and i'll have to check the size to see if the Military varient wil carry F-302s or not.

The Prometheus mesh in the bakground belongs to ColDillon
      I for the military varient i wold add a rail cannon instead of those small PD ones and a few missle bays.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
        I for the military varient i wold add a rail cannon instead of those small PD ones and a few missle bays.
        Not sure what you mean by rail cannon instead of the PDs....

But i will be adding Missiles to the Military varient, thought i'm thinking of having them horizontal not vertical.

Also the ship is too small for the 302 mesh i have, and looking at the scaling i have, the F-302s could't have fitted on the Prommie at all With this in mind, i've added a small hanger in the nose for my Helo designs instead, along with the 3-jumper bay up the back.

Depending on what happens with my hand i should get a lot more done 2moro..... hope to maybe get the Miltary varient finished by the end of the week, though don't hold your breath

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Not sure what you mean by rail cannon instead of the PDs....

But i will be adding Missiles to the Military varient, thought i'm thinking of having them horizontal not vertical.

Also the ship is too small for the 302 mesh i have, and looking at the scaling i have, the F-302s could't have fitted on the Prommie at all With this in mind, i've added a small hanger in the nose for my Helo designs instead, along with the 3-jumper bay up the back.

Depending on what happens with my hand i should get a lot more done 2moro..... hope to maybe get the Miltary varient finished by the end of the week, though don't hold your breath
          by rail cannon i mean like a 155mm cannon. some sort of heavy ship to ship gun

Comment

I have planned to add two single or double fixed large caliber cannons to the side of the nose on the Icarus.

The 20 (ish) smaller railguns not shown above will be for point defense rather than offensive operations.

Comment

I have planned to add two single or double fixed large caliber cannons to the side of the nose on the Icarus.

The 20 (ish) smaller railguns not shown above will be for point defense rather than offensive operations.
              this is just my opinion but the prometheus makes a terrible carrier, but, as a destroyer its design is acullt quit good. Just put 1 rail cannon on the top of the neck hull between the bridge and nose, one on the bottem and one on each side you have a great heavy weapons platform.

Comment

Spoiler:

I had some spare time today so I added some more details. Progress on this is just crawling by, but oh well. Little by little.

Comment

Placed the missiles out on the Icarus. Currently got 112 individual missles on the ship, but i'm almost certainly going to cut that number down.

Spoiler:

I've also put six Duel gattling gun style 105mm shell cannons out on the nose.

Next step will be adding in the few windows the Icarus will have, then adding the main hull texture..... Could have that done by tonight... i hope.

Comment

Just wondering when is the deadline for this challenge is.

Comment

the ship above isn't part of any challange... As i've got a shedload of unfinished stuff on my failing HD i've givne myself a deadline to finish this one.

Comment

Thought I was in the challenge thread when I posted that.

Comment

lol, the two do rather often intermix indeed lol

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                            Spoiler:

I had some spare time today so I added some more details. Progress on this is just crawling by, but oh well. Little by little.
                            BSG would be glad to have that in their fleet. good work
                            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                              Spoiler:

what do you think i would cost me to build a life-size replica of that ship?
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by IMDB
                              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                              Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                                what do you think i would cost me to build a life-size replica of that ship?
                                a lot.
                                Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X