This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
    Yes and how long ago is that, your not giving me feedback, feedback is when you give me your opinion and what I could do to make my design better what you are doing is telling be that nursery children can model the models that I am making and giving me no feedback whatsoever.
    not long enough for me to just forget such an imature comment and temper tantrum as it clearly shows your character. and clearly you seem confused at the word "feedback" as what i have given you is feedback in the truest sence of the word and in my oppinon it looks like something a 4year old made besides that there isnt much to say as there isnt anything else besides that to comment on atm.

i am not nor will i ever be a "yesman" so i say what i honestly think as i expect everyone else to do the same when it comes to my own designs. and i feel sorry for you if you cant handle it.

Comment

Whoa..... Calm down guys... don't make me turn this car around

I have to admit i think you're being a bit harsh there Alx.... i know you two don't get along that well.... but could you maybe dial down the criticism a notch?

I'd say a bit more.... but i'm very late for church right now.......

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

i am calm doc, im just being articulate and direct with my answers and statements.

and i am not one to "sugarcoat" stuff as thats just the way i am.

Comment

you don't have to sugarcoat. how you react is like putting a knife to one's throat for stealing a cookie.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            you don't have to sugarcoat. how you react is like putting a knife to one's throat for stealing a cookie.
            thats me in a nutshell
            and be warned dont steal my last cookie as thats reason enough for me to kill you

and btw what do you mean by "react"? i am simply and calmly stating my oppinions im so calm im even sitting here yawning...

Comment

Alright, i'm no modeler, my art comes in written form but truthfully, Dboy, you could put a little more into the model then flat sides and a few guns. the windows aren't even recessed to give it a "3d" look. most SG ships have texture and panelling which gives it that distinct SG feel, if you wanted your model to look more SG, that's one way.

Second, by your own admission you're saying that you don't have the focus to continue on one design... well, why have a dozen half done models when you could spend that time on one and make it very nice indeed? Any art needs time and focus in order to become great. Why else are you modeling if not to improve?

To be honest, as it looks right now in the three pics you've posted, it's like something out of Lego blocks. there's no texture, and looks like it's lined with paper. I half expect to find balsa wood underneath as the frame.
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Right....

I shall wander into this minefield, as i'm sure d-boy will state its very early in his design. I post early images and would be really pissed if it was slated so much so early. everyone posts early images that way we can get ideas from others.

I also have tons of designs not finished, you start a project and then think of something new and have to do it before you forget it.

sigpic

Comment

I think I'll wait till the ship is actually done before I judge it.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Its not the fact that my design was critisised its the way it was done then it was claimed to be feedback. I got absolutely no way to improve my design from it so how can it be said to be feedback I dont wish to argue anymore I'm just saying it annoyed me. So end of can we just forget about it now

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

i still think it looks like dr lees midget ship

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                        Its not the fact that my design was critisised its the way it was done then it was claimed to be feedback. I got absolutely no way to improve my design from it so how can it be said to be feedback I dont wish to argue anymore I'm just saying it annoyed me. So end of can we just forget about it now
                        feedback is (atleast to me) any comment that refers to the work you have posted.

Comment

update on my destiny mesh.
                          added some of the smaller "railguns" (or whatever they are) and i also sorted some errors.

Comment

Ahh the sweet smell of minor conflict i remember when ALX criticised my 5 min photoshop of a 304 design that turned out to be his but i took the albeit harsh criticism and got my ass working hard in sketchup to improve my skills and design ability. so i think the moral is, dont be a baby, just take ur lashes and learn from your previous mistakes. But if u wanna keep goin dboy, u 2 should whip ur tackle out on the table and see whos is bigger, i think someone has a sketch up ruler knocking around I kid, Lets all be like the Nox and practice peace
                            sigpic
                            THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

As Naq Nut ^^^^ said, chill guys or I shall be forced to render harsh words
                              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Another update added a little dish and some writing .

Spoiler:

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Working...
                                X