Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here's a fighter i made a week ago or so... it's not done, but it's something

Spoiler:

it's supposed to be an earth-made version of a puddlejumper, a kinda alround fighter. it's got engines based on ancient designs, and antigrav for hovering.
    It fires fire-and-forget missiles, and has high ROF pulse plasma canons at the front, based on asgard tech. it can be operated by a single pilot, but there is a primary weapons control-console in the back (not yet, but i'm gonna put it there later)

it's not very large, it's 3,27 meters high from wingtip to wingtip, and 5,47 wide, wich makes it gate-capable. inside it's 1,82 from floor to ceiling. it's about 7 meters long.

EDIT: might aswell ask some questions while i'm at it: How do you add engine glow?
    Last edited by tjoflojt; 30 April 2009, 11:58 AM.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
      Well, here's a fighter i made a week ago or so... it's not done, but it's something

Spoiler:

it's supposed to be an earth-made version of a puddlejumper, a kinda alround fighter. it's got engines based on ancient designs, and antigrav for hovering.
      It fires fire-and-forget missiles, and has high ROF pulse plasma canons at the front, based on asgard tech. it can be operated by a single pilot, but there is a primary weapons control-console in the back (not yet, but i'm gonna put it there later)

it's not very large, it's 3,27 meters high from wingtip to wingtip, and 5,47 wide, wich makes it gate-capable. inside it's 1,82 from floor to ceiling. it's about 7 meters long.

EDIT: might aswell ask some questions while i'm at it: How do you add engine glow?
      I like it! Just a thought, any drones? Maybe a Shield generator?
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

New Stealth ship
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          I like it! Just a thought, any drones? Maybe a Shield generator?
          well, the missiles are supposed to be drone-ish, kinda, just a bit less advanced. I prefer using tech we made ourselves to alien designs. the missiles have advanced targeting systems, and the targeting computers tries to make sure they avoid other objects. they're also designed to penetrate before explosion, rather than going of on impact. this makes them much more efficient in spacecombat.

EDIT: and yeah, it's got shields. the back half of the ship is entirely engineroom, where all those things are. i'm thinking of puting a hyperdrive on it too.
          Last edited by tjoflojt; 01 May 2009, 03:26 AM.
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

This is my 11,000th post, i am going to update it shortly with a significant new design as a celebration of things and i feel OSDT is a good place for 11 k, as i havent done a design in ages but have bene involved with this place from the begining, actually i am the begining lol! so seems fitting, Teps Return to ship design starts now

Ok i quite like this design but realise its a bit fanwank, oh well its my birthday, im allowed too

It present the alliance flagship Valaris

Spoiler:
            Name: Valaris - ALT -W001
            Class: Battleship
            Function: G5R Battleship
            Opperators: The alliance of the 5 Great races, primarily Tauri, Asgard, Lantian crew.
            Size: 2,745m Long, 1160m Wide, 590m High
            Hull:
            Trinium/Carbon/Naquadah primary hull
            Nuetronium reinforced armour plating
            Energy dampening ceramic plating
            Sensor masking active overpaint.
            Trinium alloy internal honeycombe skeleton
            TCN Reinforced Exosketeton
            Power Source:
            4x NIG
            1x ZPM
            2x Mark VI NQ
            8x Mark IV NR
            Engines:
            1x Asgard/Lantian intergalactic hyperdrive
            2x Primary Ultra Tauri/Asgard Ion drive
            6x Lantian sublight engines
            14x Tauri Ion micro drives
            2x Asgard gravity drive

Capacity:
            30x Tauri Officers
            600x Tauri Crew
            10x Lantian officers
            60x Lantian Pilots
            16x Asgard officers
            150x Asgard engineers
            2x Nox Advisor

Defences:
            1x Lantian shield generator
            16x networked Asgard emitors (1x Auxilary Asgard shield)
            ? Lantian/Asgard containment fields/Bay shields

Armament:
            800x Lantian drone weapon
            16x Asgard Plasma beam weapons
            20x Type III Ion Cannons
            80x Type II Ion Cannons
            480x type Ia Ion Cannons
            80x 80mm Coil guns
            72x Mark XVI Naquadah enhanced phase torpedoes
            6x ARW emitters (can function as a single PWARW)

Additional craft:
            6x Valkrie class destroyers (Mag clamps)
            48x PJ
            72x F-432 Tornado
            Additional Technology:
            Alliance core
            Asgard Beaming, holographic, sensor and subspace comms techology
            Lantian medical lab
            4 Ring rooms

History and Additional Detail:
            The Valaris class battleship is without question the most significant ship developed by the alliance of the great races in its history. Its very existence is a significant deviation from all alliance relations since the first races met and formed the institution. The most significant part of the ship is not is impressive technical specs, which I shall explore but the very concept and creation of an “alliance core”. The Alliance core system is the very heart of the ship, it is a system which superimposed and overrides all other commands and systems on a ship, regardless of origin or inbuilt protections. The Asgard core provided a similar feature however the alliance core networks everything on this ship in to a central core system, tying together Asgard, Tauri and Lantian systems in to a single functioning support structure for this battleship. What it allows is for technology that shouldn’t work together to function as a single unit, improving their individual and collective abilities many fold. Take defences as a key example, Asgard and Lantian shields work on very different principles, the Asgard rely on efficiency and good shields for less power usage; with a good power source it can make ships virtually impenetrable. Ancient shields rely on impenetrability when given enough power regardless of power consumption. The alliance core allows both, by networking an ancient shield generator through highly efficient Asgard emitters, supported by another Asgard generator; the systems allow a compatible and viable Lantian/Asgard shield. One that’s ultra efficient, and impenetrable as long as it has power, and with 4 NIG’s and a ZPM available power makes this ships virtually impossible to breach the shields.
            In terms of offensive and defensive firepower the Valaris is not as powerful as it could have been, indeed, with the wealth of weapons technology available to the alliance it was decided that only the most crucial pieces of technology would be included. If, if the ship was ever captured the contents of the ship could shift the balance of power for a single race against the alliance. Indeed anyone you got hold of this ship would need to be superior to the alliance anyway, but to prevent an enemy creating defences for all weapons of the alliance only those that are used on virtually all ships of the individual races were included. This didn’t disclude the ship being one of the most armed ship in the alliance. The weapons array boasts more type IIIs than two Gaia class battleships, and more Asgard weapons than 2 Oniels, plus a large compliment on drones, and anti replicator weapons just in case. The ship also has a wide variety of more conventional ship to ship weapons, missiles and coil guns from the Tauri as well as anti fighter ion emplacements.
            One weapon of note however, are the phase torpedoes, which are a Tauri redesign of the Ancient drone, recently developed in conjunction with the Lantians, it is a standard ship to ship naquadah nuke, retrofitted with the phase generators used by drones (either by taking them directly) or by patching in a sodan cloaking field in to the system. These torpedoes have a significantly greater yield than drone weapons, and are completely protected until detonation, with the added benefit of not needing any firing system, as once cloaked they can be fired from anywhere, including within a ship or lab. The whole lot could be fired at once without any damage to the Valaris due to the phase shift. It is a very impressive weapon from the newest member of the alliance, and likely to be a important new consideration for enemies when going into galactic warfare against the alliance.
            The Valaris is the ship which will be flagship of the Alliance for the foreseeable future, it is equipped with the most advanced technology currently available to any race in any galaxy of the alliance, without question, it is the most powerful ship of the alliance bar none and almost certainly more powerful than any enemy ship one on one. This makes it a significant new addition of the fleet of the alliance, in conjunction of its many other power vessels, that makes command of it an even great issue. The ship is to be crewed by all three races, with each functioning together under a council of 12 high officers elected from the officer crew, with a rotating captain elected every 6 months. These high officers will be directly accountable to the alliance command and can vote out the captain with a unanimous vote only. This is the only fair way of maintaining order and control over such an important ship, the technology and security of each race is at stake, it agenda will be neutral and it will receive orders from the alliance only, no single race can take command or give orders to the crew, captain or request its support in battle. That being said, if the alliance order it to the battle, then without question that battle will be won. It can’t be in more than one place at one time, as only a single ship will be built, it will be flagship to the alliance, not to the war, or a race. This ship is expected to be the new Atlantis, the crowning jewel in a new alliance of 5 races, the Valaris...star of Avalon.

I want to use Extrenix's model Storm front, but havent done any renders just yet
            Last edited by immhotep; 01 May 2009, 08:24 AM.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              This is my 11,000th post, i am going to update it shortly with a significant new design as a celebration of things and i feel OSDT is a good place for 11 k, as i havent done a design in ages but have bene involved with this place from the begining, actually i am the begining lol! so seems fitting, Teps Return to ship design starts now
              well congratz on 11k! have some green
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                New Stealth ship
                you don't think you could post a bigger pic? you can't really see what's what.
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Hehe

Comment

i can see it fine, zoom in a bit. i like the general design. looks like its going to be a killer ship.

anyhow:
                  Spoiler:

finished the model, i'm going to stick it on the ware house like this so that anyone who wants to do a render of it can. or change it, or just mess around with it. type in experiment 442 zeltan tank. should be the only one there.
                  Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                  sigpic

Comment

what are the rear glass... rooms for?
                    sigpic

Spoiler:
                    Hehe

Comment

i don't really know, i was going to turn them into gun turrets, but my desktop freezes over when i draw lines in this 'detailed' model. (the '**' was sarcastic) oh and i found out an angalow saxon word: thuck you can guess what it means...
                      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                      sigpic

Comment

New Stealth ship
                        Bob looks like a great concept, reminds me of a the Achilles by Alnair...which by all accounts is a hot ship!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post

Ok i quite like this design but realise its a bit fanwank, oh well its my birthday, im allowed too

It present the alliance flagship Valaris

Spoiler:
                          Name: Valaris - ALT -W001
                          Class: Battleship
                          Function: G5R Battleship
                          Opperators: The alliance of the 5 Great races, primarily Tauri, Asgard, Lantian crew.
                          Size: 2,745m Long, 1160m Wide, 590m High
                          Hull:
                          Trinium/Carbon/Naquadah primary hull
                          Nuetronium reinforced armour plating
                          Energy dampening ceramic plating
                          Sensor masking active overpaint.
                          Trinium alloy internal honeycombe skeleton
                          TCN Reinforced Exosketeton
                          Power Source:
                          4x NIG
                          1x ZPM
                          2x Mark VI NQ
                          8x Mark IV NR
                          Engines:
                          1x Asgard/Lantian intergalactic hyperdrive
                          2x Primary Ultra Tauri/Asgard Ion drive
                          6x Lantian sublight engines
                          14x Tauri Ion micro drives
                          2x Asgard gravity drive

Capacity:
                          30x Tauri Officers
                          600x Tauri Crew
                          10x Lantian officers
                          60x Lantian Pilots
                          16x Asgard officers
                          150x Asgard engineers
                          2x Nox Advisor

Defences:
                          1x Lantian shield generator
                          16x networked Asgard emitors (1x Auxilary Asgard shield)
                          ? Lantian/Asgard containment fields/Bay shields

Armament:
                          800x Lantian drone weapon
                          16x Asgard Plasma beam weapons
                          20x Type III Ion Cannons
                          80x Type II Ion Cannons
                          480x type Ia Ion Cannons
                          80x 80mm Coil guns
                          72x Mark XVI Naquadah enhanced phase torpedoes
                          6x ARW emitters (can function as a single PWARW)

Additional craft:
                          6x Valkrie class destroyers (Mag clamps)
                          48x PJ
                          72x F-432 Tornado
                          Additional Technology:
                          Alliance core
                          Asgard Beaming, holographic, sensor and subspace comms techology
                          Lantian medical lab
                          4 Ring rooms

History and Additional Detail:
                          The Valaris class battleship is without question the most significant ship developed by the alliance of the great races in its history. Its very existence is a significant deviation from all alliance relations since the first races met and formed the institution. The most significant part of the ship is not is impressive technical specs, which I shall explore but the very concept and creation of an “alliance core”. The Alliance core system is the very heart of the ship, it is a system which superimposed and overrides all other commands and systems on a ship, regardless of origin or inbuilt protections. The Asgard core provided a similar feature however the alliance core networks everything on this ship in to a central core system, tying together Asgard, Tauri and Lantian systems in to a single functioning support structure for this battleship. What it allows is for technology that shouldn’t work together to function as a single unit, improving their individual and collective abilities many fold. Take defences as a key example, Asgard and Lantian shields work on very different principles, the Asgard rely on efficiency and good shields for less power usage; with a good power source it can make ships virtually impenetrable. Ancient shields rely on impenetrability when given enough power regardless of power consumption. The alliance core allows both, by networking an ancient shield generator through highly efficient Asgard emitters, supported by another Asgard generator; the systems allow a compatible and viable Lantian/Asgard shield. One that’s ultra efficient, and impenetrable as long as it has power, and with 4 NIG’s and a ZPM available power makes this ships virtually impossible to breach the shields.
                          In terms of offensive and defensive firepower the Valaris is not as powerful as it could have been, indeed, with the wealth of weapons technology available to the alliance it was decided that only the most crucial pieces of technology would be included. If, if the ship was ever captured the contents of the ship could shift the balance of power for a single race against the alliance. Indeed anyone you got hold of this ship would need to be superior to the alliance anyway, but to prevent an enemy creating defences for all weapons of the alliance only those that are used on virtually all ships of the individual races were included. This didn’t disclude the ship being one of the most armed ship in the alliance. The weapons array boasts more type IIIs than two Gaia class battleships, and more Asgard weapons than 2 Oniels, plus a large compliment on drones, and anti replicator weapons just in case. The ship also has a wide variety of more conventional ship to ship weapons, missiles and coil guns from the Tauri as well as anti fighter ion emplacements.
                          One weapon of note however, are the phase torpedoes, which are a Tauri redesign of the Ancient drone, recently developed in conjunction with the Lantians, it is a standard ship to ship naquadah nuke, retrofitted with the phase generators used by drones (either by taking them directly) or by patching in a sodan cloaking field in to the system. These torpedoes have a significantly greater yield than drone weapons, and are completely protected until detonation, with the added benefit of not needing any firing system, as once cloaked they can be fired from anywhere, including within a ship or lab. The whole lot could be fired at once without any damage to the Valaris due to the phase shift. It is a very impressive weapon from the newest member of the alliance, and likely to be a important new consideration for enemies when going into galactic warfare against the alliance.
                          The Valaris is the ship which will be flagship of the Alliance for the foreseeable future, it is equipped with the most advanced technology currently available to any race in any galaxy of the alliance, without question, it is the most powerful ship of the alliance bar none and almost certainly more powerful than any enemy ship one on one. This makes it a significant new addition of the fleet of the alliance, in conjunction of its many other power vessels, that makes command of it an even great issue. The ship is to be crewed by all three races, with each functioning together under a council of 12 high officers elected from the officer crew, with a rotating captain elected every 6 months. These high officers will be directly accountable to the alliance command and can vote out the captain with a unanimous vote only. This is the only fair way of maintaining order and control over such an important ship, the technology and security of each race is at stake, it agenda will be neutral and it will receive orders from the alliance only, no single race can take command or give orders to the crew, captain or request its support in battle. That being said, if the alliance order it to the battle, then without question that battle will be won. It can’t be in more than one place at one time, as only a single ship will be built, it will be flagship to the alliance, not to the war, or a race. This ship is expected to be the new Atlantis, the crowning jewel in a new alliance of 5 races, the Valaris...star of Avalon.

I want to use Extrenix's model Storm front, but havent done any renders just yet
                          Thought your birthday was April 16th?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                            Bob looks like a great concept, reminds me of a the Achilles by Alnair...which by all accounts is a hot ship!
                            Whats that?
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

New Stealth ship
                              Doesn't look very stealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                                Doesn't look very stealthy.
                                so
                                sigpic