This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(very, very) heavy tank.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

VU

Spoiler:

Comment

What's going on the bit between the city areas?

Missiles:

Spoiler:
        DANGER: highly explosive and without a top at this time
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
          What's going on the bit between the city areas?

Missiles:

Spoiler:
          DANGER: highly explosive and without a top at this time
          Spoiler:
          well i havnt decided yet... got any suggestions?

nice looking missle batteries there 442

Comment

I always thought small buildings, like little warehouses would be good there. Or weapon enplacements.
            sigpic

Comment

aye i've been thinking about smaller buildings myself but i hadnt considdered weapons so thanks!

Comment

i would add strips of buildings in the centre of the strips with non-civil buildings around them. thus weapons, but also other buildings that do not look like skyscrapers etc.

Comment

Good advice guys!

i'll se what i come up with but i want to try and still have the isolated feel of the pier citys and not really tie them to the center city with more then a few weapon platforms and perhaps some smaller buildings also the central city is going to be huge once i start building it.. just thinking about it makes me not want to do it! building many many buildings in an "ancienty" style took over 8hours per pier and frankly im out of building style ideas! currently im browsing around for shots of atlantis to see if i can get me some more inspiration!

Comment

Replicator city buildings could be good.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                      Replicator city buildings could be good.
                      LOL exactly what im looking at atm!! checking scenes from BAMSR, Progeny and lifeline to get me som much needed inspiration!

Comment

i was just curious what 3d modeling software others used..i have Autodesk 3D Studio Max...while its ok, i haven't really used it much...

Comment

as said, Sketchup is for rapidly making good models. it is an excellent modeling programm, but without paying, the rendering options are limited.

Blender is free, 10000x more complex, 10000x more powerfull in modelling and rendering. it's better in every aspect but that comes at the price of complexity.

still, there are tutorials and with sufficient trial and error, you can figure it all out. Blender comes with rendering system, and allows animations. it has a game mode aswel, and can control complex animations.

it's extremely powerful.

there are various pay options which IMO are not worth the money, but i have zero experience with them so that is just my opinion.

Comment

Possible new pier for VU
                            Spoiler:

IMO sketchup is surperior in its user friendly interface great for working at speed but as killman said it is limited when it comes to rendering but its my favorite atm although there are certain aspects of lightwave witch i find apealing!
                            Last edited by Alx; 12 September 2009, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Got bored today and worked on the Wraith Frigate some more.

Spoiler:
                              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                                VU

Spoiler:
                                Nice touch...
                                Nice Sig....

Comment

Working...
                                X