Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you've got some basis for Furling ship id wouldnt mind having a look, at least that way I can have a look at what you've come up with. I just have some reservation about Jaffa ships since im not sure they have the ability to build ships after all it was the gould that actually created the tech, its kind of anlogues to the ori helping with the building of that satilite weapon, or the ships in their galaxy, not sure they have the capability to build from scratch maybe maintain not 100% sure since they were bred to be warriors and sevants i dunno about scientists.

Sorry aboutt the incohrentness of the message i tecnd to just start thinking and typing all the ideas lol

Comment

Remake with mini-hyperdrive and new missile.

Spoiler:
      Name: Talon (Warrior Class)

Type: Medium range warship

Technology base: Tau’ri/Asgard

Operators: Humans

Naval Classification: Assault Ship (Warrior Class)

Hull: The Hull is four meters thick made of an Ablative Naquada/Trinium/Carbon alloy, with a secondary one meter thick hull made of a Naquada/Titanium alloy acting as a sandwich buffer.

Decks:There are 5 decks.

Dimensions:
      >> Height: 35m
      >> Beam: 130m
      >> Length: 190m

Displacement: 385,000 metric tons

Crew: The ship has a crew of 45

Craft: None

Vehicles: None

Power plant: One Mark VI Naquada Generator, and one Mark II Naquada Generator

Engines:
      >> Ion Drives [Retractable at rear of ship]
      >> Anti-Gravity Engines
      >> Emergency Sublight engines.
      >> Small mini-Asgard designed hyperdrive.
      (Capable of a hyperspace jump 1/12 the size of a Deadalus class ship or a single jump 2/3 the size causing the hyperdrive to suffer from irreparable damage)

Armament/Weapons:
      Main Weaponry:
      >> Two 120-mm rail guns, located at front of ship (360° restricted rotation)
      >> Two 250-mm rail guns, located at front nose of ship (directed fire)

>> Two 120-mm rail guns, located at rear of ship (360° restricted rotation)
      >> One 250-mm rail guns, located at rear of ship (360° restricted rotation)

>> Six 30-mm rail guns, located on top of ship [retractable] (360° rotation)
      >> Four 30-mm rail guns, located on bottom of ship [retractable] (360° rotation)

>> 40 Naquada enhanced long range nuclear missiles [fired from retractable launchers located on the bottom and sides of ship]
      >> 40 Short range interceptor missiles [fired from retractable launchers found on the sides of ship]

Adaptable Weaponry:
      Weaponry that can be incorporated onto the ship to help against specific enemies.
      >> 15 BAWM [fires from retractable launcher found on the bottom of ship]
      (BAWM or Biological Anti-Wraith Missiles are missiles that contain a biological pathogen which attacks the biological processes of the Wraith ship; this causes the ship to lose the ability to heal itself. It takes five missiles to effect a hive ship, so they are used for strategic insertion.

>> 10 NaEFM (Mark I) [fires from retractable launcher found on bottom of ship]
      NaEFM or Naquadria Enhanced Fusion Missiles are missiles designed to do devastating damage to shields. The missile utilises Naquadria to cause a large explosion with vast amounts of energy produced. This causes the rest of the missile which is designed to cause fusion to occur under the vast energy produced by the Naquadria causing large quantities of excess energy to be produced which should cause a surge to power across a shield, causing a distortion, theoretically deactivating the shield for a few seconds/

Defences:
      >> Asgard Adaptive Shield Generator
      >> Ablative hull armour allowing a much better protecting against energy attacks.

Other Technology:3
      >> Asgard sensors
      >> Asgard computer processors
      >> Advanced Targeting computer
      >> Magnetic/beaming clamps

Technical and Historical Notes:
      Warrior Class
      The Warrior class was a joint operation at designing a very manoeuvrable ship, capable of large scale strikes against enemy craft. The ship was fitted with Ablative hull armour allow the ship to withstand large amounts of energy damage while unshielded.
      The ship fore go a main hyperdrive in exchange for a larger weapons capacity; it was equipped with Magnetic/beaming clamps which allow the ship to connect any other larger capable ship for hyperspace travel and insertion. The Warrior class is equipped with a mini-hyperdrive capable of a small jump, used as a final resort.

Talon
      Talon is a fifth generation Warrior Class ship, the most advanced ship of the class, equipped with advanced computers and shielding. The Talon is the only ship to use dual weapon systems, allowing two people to be controlling different weapons systems allowing better control and targeting. Also the Talon is the only ship to utilise Asgard computer tech, allowing the captain to control any system he requires.

The Bride of the Talon

The bridge is situated on deck 1, it is sunken into the hull to add extra protection against attack. The bridge contains a main view screen allowing view of the front and rear of the ship. A Captain’s chair with computer interfaces on either side to allow access of systems, a helm control allowing control of the ships movement and navigation, a Asgard holographic emitter was used to allow the helm to see all areas surrounding the ship along with still being able to see the main view screen. Also an operations control, allowing the control of systems of the ship. There is also an engineering control, allowing systems to be changed if required from the bridge. Finally the bridge contains two tactical posts, each utilising holographic emitters to allow each system to targeted, this allowed different systems to be used decreasing the time and increasing efficiency of weapons aboard the ship.

Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
        Well if you've got some basis for Furling ship id wouldnt mind having a look, at least that way I can have a look at what you've come up with. I just have some reservation about Jaffa ships since im not sure they have the ability to build ships after all it was the gould that actually created the tech, its kind of anlogues to the ori helping with the building of that satilite weapon, or the ships in their galaxy, not sure they have the capability to build from scratch maybe maintain not 100% sure since they were bred to be warriors and sevants i dunno about scientists.

Sorry aboutt the incohrentness of the message i tecnd to just start thinking and typing all the ideas lol
        Erm i will try and type up the furling technology ideas from Genesis ok but i cant promise anything because we are still using them in the series. But i will see what i can do
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

if its going to even slightly compromise yours and others work, then I suggest that you dont.
          I do not want to be involved in any disputes or anything if you get what I mean.

Comment

I will think about it, but the episode which feature alot of this technology hasnt been released yet so i dont think i should, or at least not at the moment
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              I will think about it, but the episode which feature alot of this technology hasnt been released yet so i dont think i should, or at least not at the moment
              Probably be best, better to be safe than sorry and slaped with a legal order

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                Name:
                Theseus Class Battleship
                DSBBN-308 (Deep Space Naquada Powered Battleship)

Role:
                Advanced Anti-Wraith Interdiction Warship.
                Primary combat ship in Pegasus Galaxy.

Size:
                The ships hull is 279 meters long, 174 meters wide, and 52 meters in height
                She has 10 decks, each about 4 meters tall including between deck spacing.

Physical structure. The ship has the same texture (being made with the same materials) as the Daedalus class. The ship has a similar structure also. Except it has a slighlty more stuby neck.
                It has twin structures on each side of the ship like the Daedalus class, but they are far thinner, and they contain sensors and other tech, unlike the Daedalus which has fighter bays.
                A single launch bay is on the ventral side of the ship, running about half the length of the ship, having a slightly slanted door structure.

Propulsion:
                One Standard Asgard Hyperdrive.
                Four Ion drives act as the sublight engines.
                Anti-gravity systems paired with lower ion thrusters allow for landing.

Power Source:
                The ship is powered by twin Earth varying Naquada generators that send power each at certain intervals of overcharged power, but before critical mass is reached, the second generator is activated and power is acquired from the second generator. This allows for more overall power to the ship at any given time. The ship can be set to just run on both at full power in an emergency, but if they both reach critical they have to be either shut down, or ejected after a few more minutes of running.
                Several small portable Naquada Mark I and II generators are on the ship in case of a loss of power. They are altogether sufficient for limited powering of the shields or hyperdrive. But can comfortably power most other systems including the transporters.
                Each ship is also powered by a ZPM acquired (read scavenged) from several of the complexes overwhelmed by the Wraith 10,000 years ago. The ZPMs are each almost depleted, but have enough juice to allow for a rather lengthy (by earth engagements with the Wraith standards) period of use.
                There are only 4 of these in this state; so no more than 4 ships can be built with this advantage.
                One of these ZPMs is only used in the case that the generators were overloaded both together and shut down or ejected, the ship is under intense assault and requires more shield energy, or if the ship needs a quick hyperdrive boost. Any uses other than those would waste the limited energy without need.

Weaponry:
                Anti-Fighter/light-anti ship weapons:
                8 120mm on the dorsal surface.
                6 120mm railguns on the ventral surface.
                5 150 mm railguns on the port and 5 more on the starboard sides.
                Main weapons:
                4 120mm railguns on the stern.
                2 full ship length 120mm coil guns with a 5 degree aiming ability. The guns can fire a standard 120mm trinium round at 16,000kph
                2 1/3rd ship length variable rotation 15 degree 100mm coil guns with Naquada passive fission rounds.
                The round is designed that on kinetic impact with a shield or hull, the forward section of the round is forced back and the round goes into nuclear fission causing a massive explosion.

Defenses:
                A single Asgard shield generator/projector net, creates a standard Asgard shield bubble around the ship.
                A secondary Ancient shield is capable of being powered. Several of these were salvaged from new small ships being constructed at the ship yards. They were incomplete and some were also. They were completed by mostly guesswork and Asgard assistance (provided for in exchange for the two most completed and least damaged units). The shields are inferior to most Ancient shields do to their incomplete and somewhat damaged nature. But also because they were not designed to be that advanced to begin with. They were designed to be simple and easily produced, but they still allow decent protection of the ship should the Asgard shields fail and overload.

Craft:
                The ship can hold 8 F-302 fighters in disassembled storage. Or 3 in flight ready mode.
                The ship can allow 4 to land when none are in the bay. The bay is designated as the main cargo bay and is usually filed with supplies that have to be beamed to other sections of the ship in case the bay needs to be used for flights. The ship can hold one Tel’tak shuttle, or three Puddle Jumpers.

Other:
                The ship is equipped with ring transporters,
                Standard Asgard beaming technology.
                Standard retro-engineered Goa’uld crystalline computers.
                Ancient inspired ZPM superconducting power conduits, these essentially turn most of the ship into a super conductor.

History and details:
                The Theseus Class ship was designed when the US Government assigned Naval and Army engineers to work on a recently discovered Ancient construction depot in the Pegasus Galaxy. This construction depot was discovered by the Atlantis expedition nearly a year ago. It was the only other known Ancient base with a Gate capable of going between galaxies. Before its discovery, only the Atlantis gate was thought to be capable of this. Apparently the Wraith had attacked it and no one was left alive after the Battle. The Ancients had used some sort of biological agent (now undetectable) to kill themselves and the invading Wraith. The depot was littered with destroyed Ancient structures and factories. Several severely damaged examples of a then new class of cheap, easily produced Ancient warship were found. None were spaceworthy or even flyable. The complex was protected by several shields, which were powered by ZPMs. These shields apparently failed under an intense Wraith assault. Of a total of 10 ZPMs in the many mile long complex, 5 still contained some power (our forces set one up to act as a power source for the facility, it retained about 25% of its charge and was the only one capable of doing this, if the Wraith attack, it won’t last long under fire and it won’t be able to defend most of the complex with shields), three manufacturing plants remained largely intact, while two ship construction bunkers remained operational.
                Thanks to a recently discovered ZPM in the Milky way, Earth has been sending large numbers of international forces to assist the Atlantis team. They set up a base on this planet and started salvaging what they could. They recovered many parts from the Ancient ships. Including several examples of a new cheap version of Ancient shield, far less powerful or advanced than other ones such as those on Atlantis and the Aurora Type ships, but more advanced than the Asgard shields. None were fully intact, and few had been finished to begin with. The Asgard by request set up a science post and garrison on the Planet to assist our forces.
                The Asgard were able to retrofit the shields into effective versions, but far inferior to what they could have been.
                The Naval designers at request of the National representatives (the thing with Wolsey) began design of a new class of combat dedicated warship capable of operating within the Pegasus galaxy full time against the Wraith. Their solution: The Theseus class.
                4 ships were to be built in the initial run. Each taking merely two months to finish do to the impressive Ancient systems that allowed mostly automated construction.
                The ships would require another two months of testing and final system installation before being ready for combat. So all five would be ready by years end, if they had enough personnel to crew them.
                So untill a crew could be assembled for any ships after the first two, they would be mothballed untill said crew could be cleared, trained and sent to their new post. The first two ships would be crewed partially by designers and teams sent during construction. This new project will begin stretching the secret Stargate project very thin.
                The Asgard installed their now standard improvements, as well as on each one of the sub-par Ancient-based shields as a secondary emergency shield (Ancient and Asgard shields use different projection methods, so they can not be operated in tandem, and doing so would drain all the ships power anyway. But both can be charged for use, and power can be transferred if the Asgard shield generator overloads. Overall the secondary shield is far weaker and less resilient do to its ad hoc nature, but it is useful.).
                Each ship is also equipped with one of the six nearly depleted ZPMs to allow for emergency power in case of a loss of main power, or a need for emergency shield power, or a hyperdrive boost. The ZPMs have little energy left, but all have different amounts. On average one of the ZPMs will allow the ship 6 minutes of extended shield power, or a doubling of hyperspace speed by three times the speed for 10 minutes or two times the speed for twenty minutes.
                The last advantage of the ships are the new coil guns.
                Coil guns, unlike rail guns, have a far greater speed potential, and are able to be made to any length.
                2 large calibre coil guns are set at the entire length of the ship, these allow a massive amount of force against a target.
                These while effective, have a very limited range of motion, and tend to blow through a target with little mor effect. A more effective round if conceived would make this weapon drastically more effective.
                2 other medium calibre coil guns are set at about a third of the length of the ship. These can fire with a far greater degree of rotation. Allowing greater ease of targeting. They use a new type of round that creates a Naquada fission reaction through a sudden kinetic impact causing the forwards section of the round to be forced into the rear section causing the atoms to ram into each other and split (similar in principle to the mechanism used on the Hiroshima[or Nagasaki, can’t remember] Bomb).
                These rounds are stored individually in separate trinium armored cases to prevent damage to the ship in case of some strange detonation. This limits the amount of ammunition and the re-fire rate severely.

The ships are expected to be the first ships capable of standing head to head against a Wraith Cruiser, and with a sister ship, against a Wraith Hive ship.

So: Comments: Oppinions: Ideas to improve the ship:
                Very nice, it could've been a fanwank very easily but it isn't. Your getting green.

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
                What is the size of a Tel'tak???
                Take a look at this: http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s3/3...12%5F0284.html

Comment

has anyone ever thought of using an enlarged rings platform as a sort of fighter/transport aircraft airlift, it would allow for the removal of large bays for fighters
                  ]

Comment

Ok this is prob fanwank, but i have done a rough draft of a cargo ship (large scale).

REDONE!!!!!

Spoiler:
                    Name: Eagle (Transport Class)

Type: Long range, hyperdrive capable, Cargo Vessel

Naval Classification: Cargo Ship

Hull: The Hull is 30m thick made of a Naquada/Trinium/Titanium hull, with a secondary 10m thick hull.

Dimensions:
                    >> Height: 450m
                    >> Beam: 800m
                    >> Length: 1500m

Crew: The ship has a crew of 1000

Payload:
                    Any amount as long as it fits into an area of 300m high, 600m beam, and 1000m length.

Power plant: Six Mark XVII Naquada Generators

Engines:
                    >> 5 Ion Drives
                    >> 15 Anti-Gravity Engines
                    >> 5 Asgard Hyperdrives

Armament/Weapons:
                    >> Thirty 30-mm Railguns positioned across the ship.
                    >> Fifteen 250-mm Railguns positioned on front and top of ship

Defences:
                    >> Eight Asgard Shield Generators

>> Asgard Technology
                    >> Five Ring Transporters

Last edited by fallen_arbiter; 08 November 2006, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Thats not a cargo vessels that a freighter and one that is about 8 times the size of the largest one on the ocean today,its fanwank because there is not reason to have a craft that can carry that much, we have nothing to put in that space..so what would be the point in building it?
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Thats not a cargo vessels that a freighter and one that is about 8 times the size of the largest one on the ocean today,its fanwank because there is not reason to have a craft that can carry that much, we have nothing to put in that space..so what would be the point in building it?
                        redone

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
                          Ok this is prob fanwank, but i have done a rough draft of a cargo ship (large scale).

REDONE!!!!!

Spoiler:
                          Name: Eagle (Transport Class)

Type: Long range, hyperdrive capable, Cargo Vessel

Naval Classification: Cargo Ship

Hull: The Hull is 30m thick made of a Naquada/Trinium/Titanium hull, with a secondary 10m thick hull.

Dimensions:
                          >> Height: 450m
                          >> Beam: 800m
                          >> Length: 1500m

Crew: The ship has a crew of 1000

Payload:
                          Any amount as long as it fits into an area of 300m high, 600m beam, and 1000m length.

Power plant: Six Mark XVII Naquada Generators

Engines:
                          >> 5 Ion Drives
                          >> 15 Anti-Gravity Engines
                          >> 5 Asgard Hyperdrives

Armament/Weapons:
                          >> Thirty 30-mm Railguns positioned across the ship.
                          >> Fifteen 250-mm Railguns positioned on front and top of ship

Defences:
                          >> Eight Asgard Shield Generators

>> Asgard Technology
                          >> Five Ring Transporters

8 shield generators? 5 Hyperdrives... why?

Comment

Really nice ship, its smart and not fanwank. Yes you have used ZPM's but you have used them in a interesting way. Its like Each of these ships(the cheap anceint ones) was going to have a ZPM but they had to use them all up to defend themselves, leaving half a dozen 8-12% full ZPM which can provide a bit of power for a little while but not for along time. Very cool. I like it.
                            Actually the ZPMs were from the base. The base is/was the size of a small city. Sevearal times the size of Atlantis(which is very small for a city). So it required more ZPMs. Plus it required a ZPM to power the manufacturing systems. So three sets of three ZPMs.

Anyway, I am working on my second version of this ship, the ones built after the first four that had ZPM and shields.

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                              8 shield generators? 5 Hyperdrives... why?
                              Backups, mb?
                              Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned View Post
                                Backups, mb?
                                That many... on a cargo ship no less.... ?
                                Does that make sense to you?

We have no indication of backups on any ship before anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X