Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my second version of the Theseus.

Name:
    Theseus Class Battleship (Second Run)
    DSBBN-308 (Deep Space Naquada Powered Battleship)

Role:
    Advanced Anti-Wraith Interdiction Warship.
    Primary combat ship in Pegasus Galaxy.

Size:
    Each is 261 meters long, 175 meters wide, and 48 meters tall.
    She has 10 decks, each about 4 meters tall including between deck spacing.

Physical structure:
    The ship has the same texture (being made with the same materials) as the Daedalus class. The ship has a similar structure also. Except it has a slighlty more stuby neck.
    It has twin structures on each side of the ship like the Daedalus class, but they are far thinner, and they contain sensors and other tech, unlike the Daedalus which has fighter bays.
    A single launch bay is on the ventral side of the ship, running about half the length of the ship, having a slightly slanted door structure.
    The neck has neck "wings" also, like on the Daedalus class. These are located barely lower than the center of the neck. And just bellow the anti-fighter missile banks.

Propulsion:
    One Standard Asgard Hyperdrive.
    Three twin Ion drives act as the sublight engines providing the same thrust, and slightly more maneuverability than its predecessor.
    Anti-gravity systems paired with lower ion thrusters allow for landing.

Power Source:
    The ship is powered by twin Earth varying Naquada generators that send power each at certain intervals of overcharged power, but before critical mass is reached, the second generator is activated and power is acquired from the second generator. This allows for more overall power to the ship at any given time. The ship can be set to just run on both at full power in an emergency, but if they both reach critical they have to be either shut down, or ejected after a few more minutes of running.
    Unlike on the initial run of ships, one of the generators is smaller. Being about 2/3rds the size. This space, along with some other space, was given to a third non-overloading generator, which provides constant power. This allows the ship to not risk losing the ability to hyperspace away if the portable Naquada generators cannot be hooked up quickly enough.
    Several small portable Naquada Mark II and new Mark III generators are on the ship in case of a loss of power. The Mark III generators are a slightly larger, more powerful version of the Mark I. Having more output, and more energy potential. They are new, and few have been made. They are altogether sufficient for limited powering of the shields or hyperdrive. But can comfortably power most other systems including the transporters like on the first run of the vessels. The crews of the ships usually hook all of the backup generators to the shield generator to allow the shield absorb a few more hits.

Weaponry:
    Anti-Fighter/light-anti ship weapons:
    8 120mm on the dorsal surface.
    7 120mm railguns on the ventral surface.
    7 120 mm railguns on the port and 5 more on the starboard sides.
    5 120 mm railguns on the stern.
    40 Anti-Fighter missiles spread along two banks, one on the port and one on the upper starboard of the neck. These silos are located above the neck wings on the ship in the upper center of the neck, and bellow the coilguns which fire naquada shells.
    Main weapons:
    12 Naquada enhanced nuclear missiles that are each slightly more powerful than the ones on the Daedalus class These are spread in varying double silos with six on the dorsal and six on the ventral sides of the neck.
    2 full ship length 120mm coil guns with a 5 degree aiming ability. They are each located on either side of the neck inside the protruding wings on the neck, which on this ship run along the center of the neck.
    The guns can fire one of the new fragmenting 120mm trinium round at 18,000kph. These new rounds allow an even greater amount of damage, allowing the entire round to release all of its energy into a more isolated area of the target rather than just poking a relatively small hole through the ship. All railguns have now been equipped with these rounds in the Pegasus Galaxy. These rounds are more effective against hulls than shields. So they are not being used much in the Milky Way. The main coil guns allow the rounds to be used to their full potential.
    2 1/3rd ship length variable rotation 15 degree (in all directions except towards eachother. In that case the degree rotation is only 9 degrees) 100mm coil guns with Naquada passive fission rounds.
    The round is designed that on kinetic impact with a shield or hull, the forward section of the round is forced back and the round goes into nuclear fission causing a massive explosion. The coilguns sit at about 1/6th from the end of the ship.

Defenses:
    A single Asgard shield generator/projector net, creates a standard Asgard shield bubble around the ship. Like the previous run, the ships are equipped with trinium alloy armour.

Craft:
    The ship can hold 8 F-302 fighters in disassembled storage. Or 3 in flight ready mode.
    The ship can allow 4 to land when none are in the bay. The bay is designated as the main cargo bay and is usually filed with supplies that have to be beamed to other sections of the ship in case the bay needs to be used for flights. The ship can hold one Tel’tak shuttle, or three Puddle Jumpers.

Other:
    The ship is equipped with ring transporters,
    Standard Asgard beaming technology.
    Standard retro-engineered Goa’uld crystalline computers.
    Ancient inspired ZPM superconducting power conduits, these essentially turn most of the ship into a super conductor. These have been included to allow for quick upgrading to the ability to use a ZPM somewhat effectively. These conduits, like on the first run, are far inferior to Ancient power distribution systems.

Improvements over the initial run:
    A more efficient power control systems.
    The hyperdrive is faster do to more power (when the other is not using the ZPM).
    New Ion engine design makes the ship more maneuverable.
    The new Ion engines are slightly more resilient under fire.
    Standardized rail gun round allows more ammunition, and less confusion. The rounds are now all able to be stored in consolidated internal ammunition dumps and feeding rooms.
    Standardized rail guns allow easier and standardized maintenance.
    New full-length coil gun designs allow use of standard rounds. These are fired at a faster speed and are far more effective against the target as long as the target doesn’t have shields.
    Slightly more efficiently designed armor plating creates a slightly sleeker hull, and allows for a very slightly reduced time of construction and also a somewhat tougher ship in battle.
    Standard systems have been redesigned allowing for a less likely occurrence of systems failures under indirect fire.
    Do to the extra room provided without the Ancient shield, a third power core was added which operates on continuous power generation in case the other two are not able to continue operating.

History and details:
    The Theseus Class ship was designed when the US Government assigned Naval and Army engineers to work on a recently discovered Ancient construction depot in the Pegasus Galaxy. The second run is designed to allow the design to be used more fully. Since ZPMs and the Atlantian shields were limited in number, these were designed to be a continued use version of the design.
    Like its predecessor, the ship has a limited crew and more can now be made then crewed. Fortunately things are looking up in that native Pegasus residents are actually volunteering to help the Atlantis Expedition by volunteering their services as personnel. This will not allow more important positions to be filled, but after intensive training, they should allow security and combat teams to be assembled without having to pull from Earths limited personnel resources.
    These ships will allow the hand of Earth to extend against the Wraith more fully.
    As of yet, none have been constructed. The team plans on using the facilities to build the ships to be ready when a crew will be ready. As of yet, the first new crew for one of these ships won’t be ready for five months. Construction on the first vessel will begin in slightly under a month.
    Last edited by An-Alteran; 10 November 2006, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Ooops... double post. Dang lag.

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
        Anyone have a rough estimate on the dimeensions of Atlantis or the Aurora class?
        I am highly revamping my Ancient ships (the ones I posted were rough drafts), and I want to have a good sense of size for the Aurora and Atlantis, which are what I am sizing my ships against.
        At a rough Geuss i would put the Aurora at 500mL 200mW 80mH but they are not definate answers because there is alot of debate about the size of the Hanger in Inferno, which looked quite small and get in no mans land it was larger than the deadalus and so the scaling may have goen wrong somewhere..
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

My final ship design. Just got to do the model.

Spoiler:
          Name: Talon

Type: Medium range stealth warship

Technology base: Tau’ri/Asgard

Operators: Humans, occasionally accompanied by an Asgard or two

Naval Classification: Stealth / Assault Ship (Warrior Class)

Hull: The Hull is five meters thick made of Ablative Naquada/Trinium/Carbon alloy armour plating, designed to disintegrate and dissipate a certain percentage of the energy fired upon the hull.
          The ship is also equipped with a secondary two meter thick hull made of a Naquada/Titanium alloy, this acts as a secondary skin decreasing the risk of a hull breach.

Decks: There are 5 decks aboard the ship, each of them are 2.5 meters high.

Dimensions:
          >> Height: 26.5m
          >> Beam: 100m
          >> Length: 140m

Displacement: 185,500 metric tons

Crew: The ship has a crew of 40

Craft: The ship does not contain a hanger bay.

Vehicles: None due to lack of hanger bays.

Power plant: One Mark III (VI) Naquada Generator, and One Neutrino Ion Generator (supplied by Asgard)

Engines:
          >> Two Ion Drives (Located at rear of ship) [Retractable]
          >> Two Ion Drives (Each one located on side of ship) [Retractable and rotational]
          >> Anti-Gravity Engines (Located on underside of ship)
          >> One Small mini-Asgard designed hyperdrive.
          (Capable of a hyperspace jump 1/8 the size of a Deadalus class ship or a single jump 2/3 the size causing the hyperdrive to suffer from irreparable damage)

Performance
          >> Maximum Acceleration: 95 PSL
          >> Maximum Hyperspace Velocity: 2249.75 light-years/hour or 11998.67 (with damage to hyperdrive)
          >> Hyperspace Generator Recharge Rate: 60 seconds between jumps

Armament/Weapons:
          Main Weaponry: The Railguns fire Uranium depleted/Naquada rounds

>> Two 250-mm rail guns, located at front of ship (360º restricted rotational)
          >> Two pulsed energy weapons, located at front of ship (directed fire)

>> One pulsed energy weapon, located at rear of ship [retractable] (360° restricted rotation)
          >> Two 120-mm rail guns, located at rear of ship (360° restricted rotation)

>> Four 30-mm rail guns, located on top of ship [retractable] (360° rotation)
          >> Four 30-mm rail guns, located on bottom of ship [retractable] (360° rotation)

>> 30 Naquadria enhanced long range nuclear missiles [fired from retractable launchers located on the bottom and sides of ship]
          >> 30 Short range interceptor missiles [fired from retractable launchers found on the sides of ship]

Adaptable Weaponry:
          Weaponry that can be incorporated onto the ship to help against specific enemies.

>> 10 NaEFM (Mark I) [fires from retractable launcher found on bottom of ship]
          NaEFM or Naquadria Enhanced Fusion Missiles are missiles designed to do devastating damage to shields. The missile utilises Naquadria to cause a large explosion with vast amounts of energy produced. This causes the rest of the missile which is designed to cause fusion to occur under the vast energy produced by the Naquadria causing large quantities of excess energy to be produced which should cause a surge to power across a shield, causing a distortion, theoretically deactivating the shield for a few seconds/

Defences:
          >> Two overlapping Asgard Adaptive Shield Generators (Glows white)
          >> Ablative hull armour allowing a much better protecting against energy attacks.
          >> Asgard Cloak

Other Technology:
          >> Asgard Technology (Sensors, computers, AI, Holographics, Targeting computer)
          >> Magnetic/beaming clamps
          >> Landing Struts for planetary landing
          >> A single Ring Transporter

Technical and Historical Notes:
          Spoiler:
          Warrior Class
          The Warrior class was created under a joint operation between the Tau’ri and Asgard to produce a ship designed for a single role, combat. Equipped with Uranium/Naquada rounds, the Railguns fire very dangerous ammo, having amazing armour penetration and explosive properties. The Warrior class is also equipped with pulsed energy weapons supplied with the Asgard, increasing the weapons potential of the ship. The ship utilises Asgard technology to increases the capabilities of the ship, allowing faster targeting and better handling.

The ship has a larger propulsion system then required, this was done to allow the ship to be as manoeuvrable as possible without ripping the ship apart. It was also equipped with an Asgard designed cloak allowing better espionage capability.

The ship is equipped with a mini-hyperdrive capable of only a small percentage of travel compared to other ships, doe to allow an increase in offensive capability. This has caused the ship to be equipped with magnetic/beam clamps which allow the ship to connect to a larger hyperdrive capable ship for travel. This is the ships primary transportation method.

Talon
          The Talon is the fifth generation of Warrior Class, it uses a better computer system and is the only ship to utilise two tactical posts to increase the weapons capability.

The Bride of the Talon
          The bridge is situated on deck 1, it is sunken into the hull to add extra protection against attack. The bridge contains a main view screen allowing view of the front and rear of the ship. A Captain’s chair with computer interfaces on either side to allow access of systems, a helm control allowing control of the ships movement and navigation, a Asgard holographic emitter was used to allow the helm to see all areas surrounding the ship along with still being able to see the main view screen. Also an operations control, allowing the control of systems of the ship. There is also an engineering control, allowing systems to be changed if required from the bridge. Finally the bridge contains two tactical posts, each utilising holographic emitters to allow each system to targeted, this allowed different systems to be used decreasing the time and increasing efficiency of weapons aboard the ship.

Last edited by fallen_arbiter; 10 November 2006, 04:23 AM.
          Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            At a rough Geuss i would put the Aurora at 500mL 200mW 80mH but they are not definate answers because there is alot of debate about the size of the Hanger in Inferno, which looked quite small and get in no mans land it was larger than the deadalus and so the scaling may have goen wrong somewhere..
            What's with SG ships being so small if they are under extended Human control? If we fly it, it ends up being really tiny, which I just find odd. I've designed and model a ship 750m long, and it's actually rather small, not much room in it for anything good. And the ships in SG that are under Tauri control? They're all about 300m long, except the Ancient ships...
            I'm sorry, it just really bugs me XD
            Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned View Post
              What's with SG ships being so small if they are under extended Human control? If we fly it, it ends up being really tiny, which I just find odd. I've designed and model a ship 750m long, and it's actually rather small, not much room in it for anything good. And the ships in SG that are under Tauri control? They're all about 300m long, except the Ancient ships...
              I'm sorry, it just really bugs me XD
              Well my ship the Talon is supposed to be small due to the design of being a mobile ship, designed for strike fighting.
              Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Also human ships are small because we dont have the resources to build larger vessel, i think the TPB are trying to say the anceints were so advanced that everything could be put in to a smaller vessle because it was soo good.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Well then the hangar was wrong. The Aurora was shown to be far larger than the Daedalus. And the Orion everywhere but in the hangar was shown to be far larger than the Daedalus.
                  So by elimination, the Hangar was sized wrong. But don't forget angle and perspective in the hangar.

Comment

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...nferno072.html - it doesnt look very large TBH..
                    Last edited by immhotep; 10 November 2006, 09:47 AM.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

500ml, the daedalus is 450 ml, on the pics it appears almost twice the size
                      ]

Comment

from that angle and point view the ship does not look very larg. But look in no man just as they leave Atlantis and it looks way way way bigger than the Daedalus, my guest would be at lease ten times the size, from that view.

Comment

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/301/nml0322.jpg
                          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/301/nml0328.jpg
                          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/301/nml0330.jpg
                          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/301/nml0474.jpg
                          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/301/nml0440.jpg- love that image

Those images show a good comparison between the deadalus and aurora class, and the aurora looks 4 or 5 time the size of the deadalus..
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

A while back I posted a couple of my ships that I made, then I heard about google sketchup and it took twice as long to draw a ship on there as it would if a were to draw it. So i decided to give up on google and went back to good old hand drawn.

So here is my new ship with is of the Heavy Destoryer class and is a little smaller than the Promethesis but more powerful than the DSC-304. It took me alittle over ten minutes.

I dont have the specs yet but I do whave three specs right now.
                            1. It does have two asgard energy turrets
                            2. 32 vertical launch missles and nukes.
                            3. Last the power sourceis a human made zpm type device that we were able to reverse engineer from the dead one in atlantis
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

firstly, well done the actualy ship is pretty gd. the specs however are not, 1 and 3 are basicly a bit crzy, especially 3. The Asgard have already said they will not give us offensive miltary hardware so you could change asgard turrets to either heavy rail guns or Hatak grade retro engineered energy weapons.
                              As for the human ZPM, we will never do it, just use the standard marks of naquadah, the Goauld ruled the galaxy with Naquadah generators for 5000 years, we dont need ZPM's. just because we know about them doesnt mean we actually need them, in all likelyhood trying to fit a ZPM on to our ships full time would end up blowing the circuits, or worse overloading everything...

I do like the concept though the image is gd, but come up with better spec's...
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

okay, I finally got around to scanning the drawing. If anyone remembers the F/X-386 (new designation there)
                                Designation:F/X-386
                                Hull Body: Trinium/Carbon alloy fiber
                                Length: About the same as a second generation Jedi Starfighter (maybe...7 ft)
                                Armament: Dual Staff Weapons (as found on death gliders), Internally carried conventional missiles enhanced with naquidah, the inevitable K-Naq round Short coil gun
                                Power source: Jerry rigged ZPM interface (in the event we can find enough to power these things), but mainly a MK II Naquidah Generator (hope you don't blow up near a friendly fighter)
                                Engines: Conventional Combustion engine (atmospheric travel), Twin Ion Engines (sublight), Light grade Hyperdruve (coined Jump Drive because it's only good for short hyperspace jumps)
                                Other Details: Onboard computer tri-boots Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux and the ancient operating system, Has reverse engineered DHD (like the Puddle Jumpers) that works in both Milky Way and Pegasus Galaxies, seats only a single pilot
                                Spoiler:
                                Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                                Check out my Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X