Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok in the SGU is there anything that can be related to a photon torpedo?
    Otehr than drones that is.
    Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

We have rules yes, basicly anything that far away in time will be fanwank by automation, because we have no way to chart the progress of the time between us and now we cant actually judge it fairly, anything 50+years away gets very hard to pass judgement on, by all means go for it but bear in mind that it should be really good with a good history (that if possible we can relation too) otherwise its going to be wanwnak almost by automation..

Also i cant find anyone who has been abel to do curves very well, cooky's on the millennial pride are the best ive seen. PM him i think would be best
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Ship so far, please comment to help with completion

Spoiler:
        Name: Oracle

Type: Prototype Organic; long range, hyperspace capable, tactical assault ship.

Technology base: Ancient

Operators: Ancients

Naval Classification: Has none

Hull: The hull is four meters thick consisting of a genetically engineered metal organic (Nanites with integrated biological-organic component) made of a Naquada/Trinium alloy. In theory the ship is a living metal organism, with the ability to integrate with mechanical technology. The ship has the ability to “heal” itself much like that of a Wraith ship.

Decks: There are ten decks, with the middle two decks larger in height than the others.

Layout: To be done

Dimensions: The decks are three meters high with ventilation areas running between decks, these are one meter high, except for the two middle decks which are twelve meters in height. The overall height of the ship is sixty-six meters, with a beam of one hundred to one hundred and thirty at its largest point; the overall length is three hundred and fifty meters.

Displacement: Seven hundred and fifty thousand metric tons.

Crew: The ship has a crew of 150 men and women

Craft: The Oracle carries a small compliment of craft.

Vehicles: None

Power plant: The ship is powered by a single ZPM type crystalline power source, it generates a lower output of energy, but has a larger capacity and has a lower chance of overloading.

Engines: The Oracle is equipped with an advanced hyperdrive capable of interstellar travel along with sublight propulsion, Anti-Gravity engines and Ion Drives.

Armament/Weapons:
        The Oracle is equipped with an array of different weapons to combat its enemies.
        >> Multiple rotating rapid-fire pulse cannons line the ship allowing point defence and offensive capability.
        >> Four beam energy weapon allays are used as the primary weapon, three arrays at the front of the ship and one array lined for the rear of the ship. This allowed the whole ship to be protected from all angles allowing maximum range.
        >> The Oracle is also equipped with a vast number of Advanced Ancient Drones. Fired from two launchers, one located at the front of the ship, and the other the rear.
        All weapons systems can be controlled by the crew and also controlled by the ship.

Defences: The Oracle is equipped with advanced defences, these consist of;
        >> Two Ancient shield generators. Two shields are produced which overlap, this allows neither shield to feel a greater energy strain than the other allowing faster recharge rates and a longer damage capacity.
        >> Each nanite produces a small shield around itself, these acts as a secondary buffer to damage increasing the defensive capability of the ship.
        >> Nanite hull. As described in hull.

Other Technology:

Technical and Historical Notes:

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          We have rules yes, basicly anything that far away in time will be fanwank by automation, because we have no way to chart the progress of the time between us and now we cant actually judge it fairly, anything 50+years away gets very hard to pass judgement on, by all means go for it but bear in mind that it should be really good with a good history (that if possible we can relation too) otherwise its going to be wanwnak almost by automation..

Also i cant find anyone who has been abel to do curves very well, cooky's on the millennial pride are the best ive seen. PM him i think would be best
          Ok mate sounds like a plan ill put that on a back burner.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            I really like it HSA1. The MMP is a realyl interesting concept, im intrigued as to what the "Island" is. If you have an Image or want to make a model itd be really cool.
            Also if you need troop transports (i see you have valkyrie) but you can use my ATS. Really gd ship, not fanwank, and just a really cool ship
            Thanks. The island is the Command and control tower on the dorsal spine of the ship. it is also the place where the sensors and comms are located, much like the tower on an aircraft carrier. By the way what page is your ATS on?

And also my computer won't support photoshop, don't know why.
            Anyone can have a crack at it if they want

Comment

Good work with the Dauntless, hotshot.

One suggestion, though:

Originally posted by hotshotalpha1 View Post
              Flight pod – Hanger bay for 72 F-302s, 12 A-302s, 7 Valkire transports, with space for maintenance , machine shops, bomb farms ,etc
              All those ships and support equipment would take up the entire ship, not just a small, removeable pod. (compare to a Nimitz class aircraft carrier for an idea) I'd suggest the flight pod be a one shot, with room for 8-10, maybe 12 fighters, but no support facilities. That way, a Dauntless could double as a light carrier for a mission (thus increasing its combat abilities significantly), but couldn't support an airwing long term. My 2 cents. Good work with the rest though.

Otherwise, the pod idea is good. I used it once myself way back when.

Also, a small update on my 308, added some antennas, the AEGIS radar dome and a couple engine details. Also, I've finally decided on a designation, SAC-308 (SPACE/AIR CRUISER)

Last edited by cooky; 02 November 2006, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky View Post
                Good work with the Dauntless, hotshot.

One suggestion, though:

All those ships and support equipment would take up the entire ship, not just a small, removeable pod. (compare to a Nimitz class aircraft carrier for an idea) I'd suggest the flight pod be a one shot, with room for 8-10, maybe 12 fighters, but no support facilities. That way, a Dauntless could double as a light carrier for a mission (thus increasing its combat abilities significantly), but couldn't support an airwing long term. My 2 cents. Good work with the rest though.

Otherwise, the pod idea is good. I used it once myself way back when.
                I planed for the flight pod to be about 250m long by 150 by 50 . Wouldn't that have enough space for all those planes.Maybe not . good point though

Comment

It'd be close. Maybe drop the number to 50-60 planes, with room to hold extra for a short period. Remember, you also have to have room for the additional crew needed to mainain the airwing. Nearly half of a Nimitz's crew (~2500 personel) are involved in flight support for its 80 or so aircraft. On the Dauntless, some additional automation would reduce the number of people needed for flight support.

Comment

Btw cooky your 308 looks reall good, its the henry arnold in the fleet right? its the same model..y
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

anyone know where i can get maya 8 autodesk for free/trial
                      ]

Comment

Well here a link to the free trial page unfortantly the link is not workinf

http://www.autodesk.co.uk/adsk/servl...932&id=7728139

I found the personal learning edition here .

http://www.autodesk.co.uk/adsk/servl...932&id=7730583

Also here the the tutorial page on their site

http://www.autodesk.com/m-e/commland...p.1_A&_DAV=All

Hope that helps. It difficult to get to work at first but once you get into it becomes quite easy, well for me it was.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 03 November 2006, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Ive been busy with school lately testing vista and new Microsoft stuff, but heres my latest design its an upgraded and highly modified 303 code named Reaper its black body and silver like cloak emitter its no wonder it was given the name reaper (because of the sickle like back bone) it was designed specifically for black ops and off world recon and support. Heres the reaper for download

enjoy

Heres the top

Heres the back

Comment

This is my first ship. I just started. Htis is a preview.

Name: X-005A

Specs:
                            N/A

Ship on Sketchup

Not all the ship is shown in the preview.
                            Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
                            I shot him...

in the leg...
                            I'm invulnerable!
                            Spoiler:
                            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
                            http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

might wont to finish it up befor you post it

Comment

Nearly completed ship.

Spoiler:
                                Name: Oracle

Type: Prototype Organic “Bio-mechanoid Ship” ; long range, hyperspace capable, tactical assault ship.

Technology base: Ancient

Operators: Ancients

Naval Classification: Has none

Hull: The hull is four meters thick consisting of a genetically engineered metal organic (Nanites with integrated biological-organic component) made of a Naquada/Trinium alloy. In theory the ship is a living metal organism, with the ability to integrate with mechanical technology. The ship has the ability to “heal” itself much like that of a Wraith ship.

Decks:There are ten decks, with the middle decks larger in height than the others and deck three and ten being slightly smaller than the larger decks.

Layout:
                                Deck One;
                                >> Bridge, Conference Room, Captain’s Ready Room
                                Deck Two;
                                >> Recreational Facility, Mess Hall
                                Deck Three;
                                >> Hanger Bay, with space for maintenance of craft.
                                Deck Four;
                                >>Crew Quarters and Cargo Bay
                                Deck Five;
                                >>Crew Quarters, Sickbay and Medical Lab
                                Deck Six and Seven
                                >>Main Engineering and Ship core.
                                Deck Eight;
                                >> Science Labs and Astrometrics
                                Deck Nine;
                                >> Ancient status pods and Emergency Life Pods
                                Deck Ten;
                                >> Secondary Hanger bay, and secondary cargo bay.

Dimensions: The decks are three meters high with ventilation areas running between decks, these are one meter high, except for the two middle decks which are twelve meters in height and decks three and ten which are eight meters. The overall height of the ship is seventy-six meters, with a beam of one hundred and forty; the overall length is three hundred and fifty meters.

Displacement: Seven hundred and fifty thousand metric tons.

Crew: The ship has a crew of 150 men and women

Craft: The Oracle carries four Puddle Jumpers and two unknown classed craft.

Vehicles: None

Power plant: The ship is powered by two Beta Modules.

Engines: The Oracle is equipped with an advanced hyperdrive capable of interstellar travel along with sublight propulsion, Anti-Gravity engines and Ion Drives.

Armament/Weapons:
                                The Oracle is equipped with an array of different weapons to combat its enemies.
                                >> Multiple rotating rapid-fire pulse cannons line the ship allowing point defence and offensive capability.
                                >> Four beam energy weapon allays are used as the primary weapon, three arrays at the front of the ship and one array lined for the rear of the ship. This allowed the whole ship to be protected from all angles allowing maximum range.
                                >> The Oracle is also equipped with a vast number of Advanced Ancient Drones. Fired from two launchers, one located at the front of the ship, and the other the rear.
                                All weapons systems can be controlled by the crew and also controlled by the ship.

Defences: The Oracle is equipped with advanced defences, these consist of;
                                >> Two Ancient shield generators. Two shields are produced which overlap, this allows neither shield to feel a greater energy strain than the other allowing faster recharge rates and a longer damage capacity.
                                >> Each nanite produces a small shield around itself, these acts as a secondary buffer to damage increasing the defensive capability of the ship.
                                >> Nanite hull. As described in hull.

Other Technology:
                                The Oracle is equipped with;
                                >> Ancient Status Pods
                                >> Two Ring Transporters (located in cargo and hanger bay)
                                >> Phased Cloak
                                >> Tractor Beam tech

Technical and Historical Notes:

Technical Notes:
                                Spoiler:
                                All technology on the Oracle is enhanced by Nanite technology allowing repair and enhancements to happen automatically.

Beta Module;
                                Spoiler:
                                The Videum is equipped with a brand new power supply. The power supply (named Beta Module) is a smaller more compact version of a ZPM. It does not produce as much energy having a lower output per second, but has a larger capacity overall. The beta module also contains nanite technology; this allows the ship to feed off of the power as a source of nutrition.

The Oracle:
                                Spoiler:
                                The Oracle is a living ship; it is a bio-mechanoid constructed of nanites which have been integrated with an organic sub-system allowing the nanites to interact as human cells do in the body. This allows the ship to live, it has a vast intelligence able to interact with others especially those with a bio-mech link. Due to the nature of the nanites it can adapt and evolve allow repair and growth of systems.

Bio-mech link
                                Spoiler:
                                The ship can be only be used by those with the ATA gene (a design for safety). This allows the crew to interact with the controls of the ship, allowing it to be used as a normal ship. There is a problem however, due to the fact that the ship is living it may choose not to follow orders and instead act alone. As a precaution the captain of the ship is injected with bio=mech nanites, this allows the captain to interact with the ship as one, sitting at a control chair using the ATA gene for telepathic commands and then his “bond” he can control the ship as a extension of his own body. This is rarely done.

Comment

Working...
                                X