Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks i will try that program out but im holding my breath on the better than GS comment, GS has done wonders for what i do on GW so has earn my respect alot
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Yeah i was right, the program keeps crashing, its seriously buggy and looks like it could be about as easy to figure out as a degree in statistical maths.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

Well it was worth a try
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          How the frack do you build a 3,050 kilometer hive ship!!?? Your first two are less than half the size of what a hive is generally considered to be, and then your third is something like 30 times the size of the largest vessel ever shown on SG!!! Dude I hope that was a typo.
          The Hive ship we have is about over 2 kilometers long.
          Atlantis is about over 3 kilometers long.

I was scaling against the Daedalus, and the Aurora.

Anf besides, if you read all the designs, you realize it was supposed to be that big, but the ones we have now are easier to build and thus more effective.

Edit: Oops.... um.... yeah... sorry, it was supposed to be 3,050 meters. Doh!

I'm hoping it was supposed to be 3.050 km instead of 3,050 km, but still that's really small for a hive, more like cruiser size. How big is a hive ship, something like 11 km? The smallest estimate I've heard was 5 km.
          Edit: I suppose this is the best basis for estimating the size of a hive ship, making it about 11 times the length of Daedalus. If only we had accurate data on the size of Daedalus, stupid scaling issues.
          Dang! Rescaling.

Edit: I edited my posts: All the sizes were doubled, and I increased the number of old model Darts.

immhotep, what do you think of my designs?
          Last edited by An-Alteran; 11 November 2006, 11:29 AM.

Comment

You have presented us with a credible and well thought out histry of wraith ship design. Starting with the history you have several key dates wrong, for example it is not 920000 years ago the alterans left because of the plauge, it was between 5-10 million years ago.
            After you get to the Pegasus galaxy there is a great mini arc about the rise of the wraith, including the betrayl of the lantian defence force by the lantian high council and them leaving them to fend for themselves. Then we go to the great battle where the Lantians were stuck down and defeated so badly they basicly never recovered.
            The details of the ship's designs are good. I like the first hive being a mini planet with everything needed to do anything. Then they try to diversify focusing on weapons fire and then return to the origional design just with a larger format.
            Overall the storyline and flow of the whole Alteran/wraith war looks very convincing and i think you may have one of the most credible version i have heard, so well done. People have already talked aboutthe size of the current wraith ships, but i will say it again, the wraith ships are 11km long, the visual effects head at rainmaker said in an interview that they were 11km long. the first hives being 4km long and then the growing to 11km isnt an issue because the wraith would be growing at such a large rate that by phase 3 of the hive's development thwey would need the 7km of extra room for the population.
            Well done overall AA and look forward to reading more Good job.
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              You have presented us with a credible and well thought out histry of wraith ship design. Starting with the history you have several key dates wrong, for example it is not 920000 years ago the alterans left because of the plauge, it was between 5-10 million years ago.
              Read it again what it says is

Originally posted by An-Alteran
              Finally, five million years ago, the Ancients had lost the battle. They created a great device to restore much of the life in the galaxy that had been affected by the virus. The uninfected Ancients fled the Galaxy while the last infected Ancients allowed themselves to be wiped out by the device.
              Nine Hundred and Twenty Thousand years ago, the Ancients had long established their reign in the Pegasus Galaxy.
              He's basing 920,000 years ago as the beginning of Wraith history, not the beginning of Ancient history in Pegasus.

Originally posted by jds1982
              Edit: I suppose this is the best basis for estimating the size of a hive ship, making it about 11 times the length of Daedalus. If only we had accurate data on the size of Daedalus, stupid scaling issues.
              I retract this statement, all this really shows is that the Hive ship icon on the computer is 11 times longer than the Daedalus icon.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                The details of the ship's designs are good. I like the first hive being a mini planet with everything needed to do anything. Then they try to diversify focusing on weapons fire and then return to the original design just with a larger format.
                Well, actually, I envisioned the first Hive in the war as being hidden en mass across the surfaces of many planets, like the first Hive seen in Stargate Atlantis was.

Overall the storyline and flow of the whole Alteran/wraith war looks very convincing and i think you may have one of the most credible version i have heard, so well done.
                Thanks.

People have already talked aboutthe size of the current wraith ships, but i will say it again, the wraith ships are 11km long, the visual effects head at rainmaker said in an interview that they were 11km long. the first hives being 4km long and then the growing to 11km isnt an issue because the wraith would be growing at such a large rate that by phase 3 of the hive's development thwey would need the 7km of extra room for the population.
                Personally, I think they are more like 5.2 kilometers long.

Well done overall AA and look forward to reading more Good job.

I retract this statement, all this really shows is that the Hive ship icon on the computer is 11 times longer than the Daedalus icon.
                It is reasonable to assume that the icons are properly scaled.
                11-13 times the length of the Daedalus would make the hive 4.4km-5.2km
                Last edited by An-Alteran; 11 November 2006, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                  Personally, I think they are more like 5.2 kilometers long.
                  It is reasonable to assume that the icons are properly scaled.
                  11-13 times the length of the Daedalus would make the hive 4.4km-5.2km
                  Unfortunately your personal preference doesn't really matter when it comes to issues of canon. I mean no offense, but if tptb says it's 11km, it's 11km, no matter what are senses tell us to the contrary. It may be reasonable to think that the icons are to scale, but without some confirmation that they are, we have no way of being sure.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Unfortunately your personal preference doesn't really matter when it comes to issues of canon. I mean no offense, but if tptb says it's 11km, it's 11km, no matter what are senses tell us to the contrary. It may be reasonable to think that the icons are to scale, but without some confirmation that they are, we have no way of being sure.
                    It wasn't personal preference, but rather personal comparison.
                    We have often seen the Daedalus near the Hives. The icons appeared to have the same scale difference.
                    Also, when did TPTB declare that the Hives are 11km?

Comment

I wonder when they did that too.
                      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

http://board.thescifiworld.net/viewt...0802e514d2b602 here!
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

ok guys this a new ships set in the time of the second virtual fleet...

Spoiler:

Name: Pegasus class HC - 456

~Type: Heavy Cruiser
                          ~Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard/Ancient

~Length: 210 metres
                          ~Height: 30 metres
                          ~Width: 110 metres

Hull:

~Trinium/Naquadah/Carbon

Engines:
                          ~ 4x Heavy Hebridan Ion drives
                          ~ 6x Small Hebridan Ion drives
                          ~ 1x Asgard hyperdrive

Power sources:

Mark VI - Large scale experimental Naquadriah reactor (first ship to use it)

Defences:
                          ~ Standard Asgard shields ( 2 generators reduce strain duing large fire fights)
                          ~Ablative 10cm thick trinium/titanium armour

Weapons:
                          ~ 8x Coil guns 100mm Calibre (10,000 rounds each)
                          ~ 2x Coil guns 250mm Calibre (5,000 rounds each)
                          ~ 1x Coil gun Heavy rotational double barrel 700mm Calibre (2,000 rounds per barrel)
                          ~ 1/2x VLT with space for 20 anti ship nukes
                          ~ 1x Horizen platform (look at spoilers for First Strike)

Fighter complement:
                          ~ space for up to 8 fighters, 4 in each hanger

Other:
                          Most advanced Tau'ri equipment
                          Asgard transporters
                          Rings

History:

The Pegasus class first went onto the drawing boards in 2017, with the Wraith building up their fleets and armed with new defences and weapons it was decided that a new ship able to combat them had to be developed. This ship was the Pegasus, the Wraith shields meant rail guns and coil guns would have limited affect against the new breed of Wraith warships to counter this the Pegasus was armed with the largerest double barrel coil gun ever concieved.

The coil gun was to fire rounds 40% larger than any other at speeds 200% greater than any other coil gun. The rounds have a huge kinetic impact enough to penetrate 30m of Wraith armor and fast enough to faze through primative shielding aka goa'uld.

Unfortunately the ship suffered several drawbacks, the main one was the huge coil gun which had a massive recoil which caused severe damage to the ship when fired, this forced the ship to be selved untill the technology needed to fix the problem could be developed and so R&D could focus on war related tasks.

After the war with the Wraith Earths space program found itself with a small and limited fleet following the devastating surprise attack on Earth. While studying wreckage from the Wraith fleet one off the scientists discovered that the Wraith used a special organic metalic alloy to almost completely eliminate recoil damage from their own weapons. After years of study the egg heads at area 51 found a way to replicate small quantities of the material. The material is specially designed by the Wraith to absorb huge amounts of kinetic energy making it the perfect component for the Heavy coil guns, though it isn't hard enough to be used as armor.

Finally in 2037 the prototype was launched, the new alloy meant that the Heavy coil guns could be fired with out risk to the ship although the substance is prone to wear and tear, to limit wear the guns are only fired in short bursts. The ships is also powered by the experimental mark VI naquadah generator, this generator modified for ship use is the most powerful ship board generator ever created by the Tau'ri able to power every system to it's full potential. The ship also carries a small number of fighters as it's weapons are designed for anti capital ship roles, this means that it normally works with carriers where both ships can benifit each other.

Although produced too late to fight the Wraith the ship was a front line fighter in the Aschen wars and mass production began in 2039.

In 2041 the ships were refitted for the war against the Aschen, needing away to speed up deployment of nukes an extra VLT was added allowing it to devaste Aschen capital ships. The ship design remained unchanged for the rest of it's life and served in the fleet for 50 years.

this is my first ship for while, what do you think? and what role do you think it should have? i put heavy cruiser but i'm not really sure...i'm making a model btw
                          Last edited by Buba uognarf; 12 November 2006, 01:00 PM.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

To many engines, 25 chemical thrusters is way to much, personally I would not have none. Simply because the hyberian ion drive is more than enough, especially ten of them. Also I am not a big fan of coil guns, just personal preference, I prefer energy weapon, they look cooler,to me at lease.

Using wraith technology is a good idea.

Comment

After posting the original dauntless specs I decided to design a Batch 2 of the class. The MMP system ,railguns and missiles are the same as the Batch 1 class, except the CIWS which uses double mounting instead of single mounting

Designation – Heavy Hyperspace capable Battlecruiser
                              Class name – Excalibur
                              Technology bass – Terran/ Asgard
                              Date of the First of the class commissioned - 2027

Length – 750m
                              Beam (Main Hull) – 130m
                              Beam (weapon outriggers/ engine pods) – 300m
                              Height (MMP attachment) - 63m
                              Height (main hull) – 100m
                              Height (Island) – 175m
                              Height ( weapons pod )- 60m

Minimum Crew – 63
                              Maximum Crew – 1000
                              Standard Crew complement – 450
                              Embarked Special Forces – normally 20-40 marines assigned to a ship on 4 week rotations for away missions, boarding and counter- boarding and security
                              Decks – 34 (2.5 m tall)

Power-plants – 3 mark 2 naquida reactors for propulsion
                              2 mark 2 naquida reactors to power Particle accelerators
                              Propulsion – 4 main heavy thrusters on the rear of the hull
                              6 smaller manoeuvring thrusters on rear side of weapon outriggers
                              18 emergency mass reactive thrusters, 6 on the nose, 3 dorsal mid, 3 ventral mid, 6 rear

Defensives – Asgard built shields
                              Between 20 and 60 cm of titanium/carbon/naquida armour
                              Kevlar splash damage armour

Other technology – 2 sets of rings, Asgard transporter, etc

Weapons- Offensive
                              Heavy (experimental) particle accelerator cannon batteries-
                              A battery dorsal fore, 2 X 2 barrelled Heavy particle accelerator cannon turrets

Medium railgun batteries – Dorsal
                              1 battery, port fore, 2 X 1 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                              2 battery, starboard fore, 2 X 1 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                              3 battery, weapon outrigger port, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                              4 battery, weapon outrigger starboard, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns

Medium railgun batteries – Ventral
                              5 battery, nose, 2 X 1 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                              6 battery, weapon outrigger port, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                              7 battery, weapon outrigger starboard, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns

Heavy missile batteries – Dorsal (in single columns flanking the HRG batteries)
                              1 X 30 missile launch tubes for longbow missiles, port
                              1 X 30 missile launch tubes for longbow missiles, starboard

Weapons – Defensive
                              Light railgun batteries -
                              Zone ND, (Nose dorsal), 6 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
                              Zone NV, (nose ventral), 3 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
                              Zone PD/V, (Port dorsal ventral), 9 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
                              Zone SD/V, (Starboard dorsal ventral), 9 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
                              Island, 12 dual barrelled railguns
                              Tail ventral, 3 dual barrelled 35mm railguns

Medium missile batteries –
                              Port weapon outrigger, dorsal, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles
                              Port weapon outrigger, ventral, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles
                              Starboard weapon outrigger, dorsal, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles
                              Starboard weapon outrigger, ventral, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles

Key for weapons
                              Particle accelerator – this weapon is the logical step up from the railgun. It has been under devolepment for 16 years until its fitting to the Antartica in 2021.Along with Asgard scientists, the brain-boxes at area 51 developed the ultra high velocity particle cannon. This weapon uses magnetic fields to contain an unstable mixture of gases and uses an electric field to propel the particles to almost half the speed of light (relative to the speed of the ship. In order to achieve these velocities the scientists looked toward an existing idea. The idea of using laser beams to accelerate the particle even more was not new. However it had never been tried or tested. This method created an afterburning effect to the particles. The first particle cannon in use was built onto the destroyer Antarctica in 2021 and was over 200m in length. It took 10 minutes to charge but was accurate to 4 light seconds and could knock down a Hatak’s shield in 2 shots. This version of the weapon was designed into further Antarctica class destroyers. In 2023 the Asgard were asked to help refining the weapon. The feat they and the human scientists achieved was huge. They cut the weapons length from 200m to 20m and its recharge time from 10 mins to 30 seconds. This new weapon was destined to replace the 250mm railguns on all TSC cruisers and battleships. The weapon were ordered to replace the 250mm railguns on the Excalibur a mere 20 weeks before its commissioning. To date the accelerators have been used over 200 times in 34 engagements and only twice did they fail, they also proved themselves a potent weapon against both the wraith and rouge Hatak’s

History.
                              The dauntless class( batch 2) was built to improve on the remarkable dauntless batch 1 class in the Terran space corps (TSC). It was over 50 m longer than its predecessors and was equipment with new weapons. It kept the majority of its original weapons and of course the MMP pod system. It also had a small built in hanger bay aftbaft of the island for 2 Valkire dropships or 4 vulture transports /PJ’s. As of 2025 all new and in-service TSC ships had to have a system of standardised hard-points and airlocks. These allowed easier transport of men and material between ships and space stations. Also damaged ships could be docked onto undamaged ships to transfer wounded .In extreme situations a ship could dock, lock systems and hyperspace fields and carry the wounded ship away. All hard points were 10m long by 2 m tall and wide and were 50 m apart from each other or the nearest airlock,(mostly) in a straight line along the belly of the ships. Ships also had at least 1 airlock and boarding tube. Each airlock was 7m in diameter and was connected to an air-gate which contained an armoury, de-con/medical bay and control room. Each airlock was made from 20cm thick armour plating, could telescope 5 m away from the ship and was sealed by and twin 50cm thick irises. The boarding tube could extend a total of 30m away from the ship in a 30 degree cone and was made from titanium trusses, carbon fibre and Kevlar. It is stored around the airlock tube and is capped by the airlock itself. Both the airlocks and boarding tubes can be connected to each other via strong mag-locks and titanium locking rods.
                              Aboard the Excalibur 14 hard-points and 2 airlocks were positioned along the belly, along with an airlock in the nose.
                              The Excalibur was launcher under command of Colonel Webbs, helm, weapons then commander of the Daedalus and commander of the Destroyer Antarctica .He joined his old commander Lieutenant General Steven Caldwel with the home fleet , 1st capital squadron and was rotated to Atlantis in 2028 under request of Dr Weir, to protect the planet Lantea from the Wraith. In it first engagement, I scored 2 kills on wraith cruisers and severely damaged a hive ship, so much so it was boarded and captured. However damage accounted for, 1 accelerator was destroyed by a leak in the containment field , 12 crew were wounded, 4 crew were killed by decompression , 4 medium railguns and 2 small railguns were destroyed and 1 VLS received damage to its loading system.

Comment

Originally posted by hotshotalpha1 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                After posting the original dauntless specs I decided to design a Batch 2 of the class. The MMP system ,railguns and missiles are the same as the Batch 1 class, except the CIWS which uses double mounting instead of single mounting

Designation – Heavy Hyperspace capable Battlecruiser
                                Class name – Excalibur
                                Technology bass – Terran/ Asgard
                                Date of the First of the class commissioned - 2027

Length – 750m
                                Beam (Main Hull) – 130m
                                Beam (weapon outriggers/ engine pods) – 300m
                                Height (MMP attachment) - 63m
                                Height (main hull) – 100m
                                Height (Island) – 175m
                                Height ( weapons pod )- 60m

Minimum Crew – 63
                                Maximum Crew – 1000
                                Standard Crew complement – 450
                                Embarked Special Forces – normally 20-40 marines assigned to a ship on 4 week rotations for away missions, boarding and counter- boarding and security
                                Decks – 34 (2.5 m tall)

Power-plants – 3 mark 2 naquida reactors for propulsion
                                2 mark 2 naquida reactors to power Particle accelerators
                                Propulsion – 4 main heavy thrusters on the rear of the hull
                                6 smaller manoeuvring thrusters on rear side of weapon outriggers
                                18 emergency mass reactive thrusters, 6 on the nose, 3 dorsal mid, 3 ventral mid, 6 rear

Defensives – Asgard built shields
                                Between 20 and 60 cm of titanium/carbon/naquida armour
                                Kevlar splash damage armour

Other technology – 2 sets of rings, Asgard transporter, etc

Weapons- Offensive
                                Heavy (experimental) particle accelerator cannon batteries-
                                A battery dorsal fore, 2 X 2 barrelled Heavy particle accelerator cannon turrets

Medium railgun batteries – Dorsal
                                1 battery, port fore, 2 X 1 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                                2 battery, starboard fore, 2 X 1 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                                3 battery, weapon outrigger port, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                                4 battery, weapon outrigger starboard, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns

Medium railgun batteries – Ventral
                                5 battery, nose, 2 X 1 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                                6 battery, weapon outrigger port, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns
                                7 battery, weapon outrigger starboard, 4 X 2 gun turrets with 125mm/5 inch railguns

Heavy missile batteries – Dorsal (in single columns flanking the HRG batteries)
                                1 X 30 missile launch tubes for longbow missiles, port
                                1 X 30 missile launch tubes for longbow missiles, starboard

Weapons – Defensive
                                Light railgun batteries -
                                Zone ND, (Nose dorsal), 6 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
                                Zone NV, (nose ventral), 3 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
                                Zone PD/V, (Port dorsal ventral), 9 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
                                Zone SD/V, (Starboard dorsal ventral), 9 dual barrelled 35mm railguns
                                Island, 12 dual barrelled railguns
                                Tail ventral, 3 dual barrelled 35mm railguns

Medium missile batteries –
                                Port weapon outrigger, dorsal, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles
                                Port weapon outrigger, ventral, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles
                                Starboard weapon outrigger, dorsal, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles
                                Starboard weapon outrigger, ventral, 3X 16 tube launcher for Sabre missiles

Key for weapons
                                Particle accelerator – this weapon is the logical step up from the railgun. It has been under devolepment for 16 years until its fitting to the Antartica in 2021.Along with Asgard scientists, the brain-boxes at area 51 developed the ultra high velocity particle cannon. This weapon uses magnetic fields to contain an unstable mixture of gases and uses an electric field to propel the particles to almost half the speed of light (relative to the speed of the ship. In order to achieve these velocities the scientists looked toward an existing idea. The idea of using laser beams to accelerate the particle even more was not new. However it had never been tried or tested. This method created an afterburning effect to the particles. The first particle cannon in use was built onto the destroyer Antarctica in 2021 and was over 200m in length. It took 10 minutes to charge but was accurate to 4 light seconds and could knock down a Hatak’s shield in 2 shots. This version of the weapon was designed into further Antarctica class destroyers. In 2023 the Asgard were asked to help refining the weapon. The feat they and the human scientists achieved was huge. They cut the weapons length from 200m to 20m and its recharge time from 10 mins to 30 seconds. This new weapon was destined to replace the 250mm railguns on all TSC cruisers and battleships. The weapon were ordered to replace the 250mm railguns on the Excalibur a mere 20 weeks before its commissioning. To date the accelerators have been used over 200 times in 34 engagements and only twice did they fail, they also proved themselves a potent weapon against both the wraith and rouge Hatak’s

History.
                                The dauntless class( batch 2) was built to improve on the remarkable dauntless batch 1 class in the Terran space corps (TSC). It was over 50 m longer than its predecessors and was equipment with new weapons. It kept the majority of its original weapons and of course the MMP pod system. It also had a small built in hanger bay aftbaft of the island for 2 Valkire dropships or 4 vulture transports /PJ’s. As of 2025 all new and in-service TSC ships had to have a system of standardised hard-points and airlocks. These allowed easier transport of men and material between ships and space stations. Also damaged ships could be docked onto undamaged ships to transfer wounded .In extreme situations a ship could dock, lock systems and hyperspace fields and carry the wounded ship away. All hard points were 10m long by 2 m tall and wide and were 50 m apart from each other or the nearest airlock,(mostly) in a straight line along the belly of the ships. Ships also had at least 1 airlock and boarding tube. Each airlock was 7m in diameter and was connected to an air-gate which contained an armoury, de-con/medical bay and control room. Each airlock was made from 20cm thick armour plating, could telescope 5 m away from the ship and was sealed by and twin 50cm thick irises. The boarding tube could extend a total of 30m away from the ship in a 30 degree cone and was made from titanium trusses, carbon fibre and Kevlar. It is stored around the airlock tube and is capped by the airlock itself. Both the airlocks and boarding tubes can be connected to each other via strong mag-locks and titanium locking rods.
                                Aboard the Excalibur 14 hard-points and 2 airlocks were positioned along the belly, along with an airlock in the nose.
                                The Excalibur was launcher under command of Colonel Webbs, helm, weapons then commander of the Daedalus and commander of the Destroyer Antarctica .He joined his old commander Lieutenant General Steven Caldwel with the home fleet , 1st capital squadron and was rotated to Atlantis in 2028 under request of Dr Weir, to protect the planet Lantea from the Wraith. In it first engagement, I scored 2 kills on wraith cruisers and severely damaged a hive ship, so much so it was boarded and captured. However damage accounted for, 1 accelerator was destroyed by a leak in the containment field , 12 crew were wounded, 4 crew were killed by decompression , 4 medium railguns and 2 small railguns were destroyed and 1 VLS received damage to its loading system.
                                Great design! Very well thought out.

Well, he is an art designer. Not one of TPTB.
                                Graphic artists are often incorrect at their scaling.
                                11km is about 6 miles right?
                                So it is according to them about a little over the length of Babylon 5.

If that is the case, then I will rescale them again. But that seems oftly large, and compared to the Daedalus... a bit to big.
                                Because Graphics artists don't always portray the right scale, then his words should be taken as guidlines, at most.
                                Otherwise I will have to rescale my ships again. And wouldn't that make the Cruisers like 2km long?
                                Last edited by An-Alteran; 12 November 2006, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X