Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well nice design Ag, not exactly what I had in mind but well done.

Yeah I meant the angel.

Well I can tell you the crew survive the battle. But you will have to wait until I write the full story to find out how.

If I get My Maya 7.0 working tonight I will start working on the angel tomarrow. I got rough design for it.

It should be up in couple of day at best.

Comment

the Defiance

Class: Gunship
      Type: Mid range Anti fighter interceptor.
      Technology Base: Human/Goauld
      Crew: 14 ( 4 pilots + technicians)

Dimensions:
      Length: 86 meters
      Beam: 44 Meters
      Draft: 23 Meters

Power plant: 1 x mark III Naquadah reactor.
      Engines: 4 x Earth Ion drive, 1 x retro-engineered Goauld alkesh hyperdrive
      Defences: 1 x Asgard light bubble shield, 1 xheavy refined trinium hull
      Armament:
      3 x 6.8 inch rail guns,
      10 x 5 inch rail guns,
      2x RAM-116 missile launchers,
      2x Phalanx CIWS.

Craft history:
      The defiance was a result of the battle at the antartic against anubis' fleet, in the battle it was shown that there was a need for a small, fast ship, with equal or great firepower than the Alkesh class goauld bomber ship was needed.
      This need was addressed by studying and reverse engineering the alkesh class over a period of three years. The technicians at area 51 unvieled the design in 2010 and the ship entered immediate production.
      Its used minimal systems, such as the new 'light' shielding given by the Asgard, this shielding was weaker but used less power and therefore perfect for this class, which used only a single mark III NR.
      Its rail guns were able to provide frie support to any attached fighter squadrens for significant periods of time while the missiles could be used to fend of both alkesh ( its arch rival of the class) and the ori.
      In the Pegasus galaxy the ship did not provide as much functionallity, the darts were taken down but only two or three hits from a cruiser, a ship almost 5x the size was more than enough to take the craft out of play. In the MW the shields and weapons combo provide us with a great new too to bridge the gap between our main capital ships and the fighters.

Its rough i know but it only took 10 mins
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        the Defiance

Class: Gunship
        Type: Mid range Anti fighter interceptor.
        Technology Base: Human/Goauld
        Crew: 14 ( 4 pilots + technicians)

Dimensions:
        Length: 86 meters
        Beam: 44 Meters
        Draft: 23 Meters

Power plant: 1 x mark III Naquadah reactor.
        Engines: 4 x Earth Ion drive, 1 x retro-engineered Goauld alkesh hyperdrive
        Defences: 1 x Asgard light bubble shield, 1 xheavy refined trinium hull
        Armament:
        3 x 6.8 inch rail guns,
        10 x 5 inch rail guns,
        2x RAM-116 missile launchers,
        2x Phalanx CIWS.

Craft history:
        The defiance was a result of the battle at the antartic against anubis' fleet, in the battle it was shown that there was a need for a small, fast ship, with equal or great firepower than the Alkesh class goauld bomber ship was needed.
        This need was addressed by studying and reverse engineering the alkesh class over a period of three years. The technicians at area 51 unvieled the design in 2010 and the ship entered immediate production.
        Its used minimal systems, such as the new 'light' shielding given by the Asgard, this shielding was weaker but used less power and therefore perfect for this class, which used only a single mark III NR.
        Its rail guns were able to provide frie support to any attached fighter squadrens for significant periods of time while the missiles could be used to fend of both alkesh ( its arch rival of the class) and the ori.
        In the Pegasus galaxy the ship did not provide as much functionallity, the darts were taken down but only two or three hits from a cruiser, a ship almost 5x the size was more than enough to take the craft out of play. In the MW the shields and weapons combo provide us with a great new too to bridge the gap between our main capital ships and the fighters.

Its rough i know but it only took 10 mins
        Looks good, but the name doesn't fit. It's a good name, but I'd like to go with the naming conventions that were made a while back, which said gunships should be named after friendly peoples or planets the sgc have encountered. I was also thinking it would be cool if we had equipped it with a weak human made shield, so we weren't so dependant on the Asgard. Other than that, I like it. And I have no idea how you knew that it had 4 ion drives. Which is what it has on my model.

Comment

I was going to put a human build shield actually.
          Salesh class, because trinium armour is used alot in the design we should name it after our first trinium source, that ok?
          And that is freaky about the design
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

If you can read this, Zake isnt on AIM
            All Fear the Triff

Comment

I was going to put a human build shield actually.
              Salesh class, because trinium armour is used alot in the design we should name it after our first trinium source, that ok?
              And that is freaky about the design
              Salish-class starship

-Designation: PG-313
              -Type: Mid-Range Anti-fighter interceptor.
              -Role: Gunship
              -Users: United States Air Force/Navy.
              -Technology Base: Tau'ri/Goa'uld
              -Length: 86 meters
              -Beam: 44 meters
              -Draft: 23 meters
              -Displacement: 81430 metric tonnes
              -Capacity:
              ~Crew: 14 (4 Pilots, 10 Technicians)
              -Powerplant: One Mk. III Naquada reactor
              -Propulsion:
              Two x large sublight ion drives
              Two x small sublight ion drives
              Two x hyperspace window generators
              Anti-gravity wave generator network
              -Armament:
              ~Three x 6.8 inch rail guns
              ~Ten x 5 inch rail guns
              ~Two x RAM-116S defensive missile launchers x 21 rounds each
              ~Two x Phalanx CIWS
              rounds each
              -Defenses:
              Human-Designed Shielding
              Trinium-based armor plating
              Inert naquada armor in key areas (bridge, engine room)
              -Additional Technology:
              Goa'uld Rings
              Asgard transporter
              Asgard sensors
              -Technical and Historical Notes-
              The Salish was the result of the battle at the Antarctic against Anubis' fleet. In the battle it was shown that there was a need for a small, fast ship, with equal or greater firepower than that of the Al'kesh class Goa'uld bomber.
              This need was addressed by studying and reverse engineering the Al'kesh class over a period of three years. The technicians at Area 51 unvieled the design in 2007 and the ship entered immediate production.
              Its used minimal systems, such as the new human-made shields, which are slightly weaker than those used by the Goa'uld and are perfect for the class, which uses only a single mark III NR.
              Its rail guns are able to provide fire support to any attached fighter squadrons for significant periods of time while the missiles can be used to fend of both Al'kesh (it's arch rival of the class) and the Ori.
              In the Pegasus galaxy the ship did not provide as much functionallity, the darts were easily taken down but only two or three hits from a cruiser, a ship about ten times it's size, was more than enough to take the craft out of play. In the MW the shields and weapons combo provide us with a great new tool to bridge the gap between our main capital ships and the fighters.

I made slight modifications, such as the name, and giving it a human made shield. I also pushed it's release date back to 2007. That okay?

Originally posted by TripH
              If you can read this, Zake isnt on AIM
              Yes he is.
              Last edited by ZakeD; 30 September 2006, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Yeah thats fine, you use the same formatting as AJT, i just wrote about that exact type of thing in my guide. thats quite freaky lol
                Gd teamwork.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

Yeah thats fine, you use the same formatting as AJT, i just wrote about that exact type of thing in my guide. thats quite freaky lol
                  Gd teamwork.
                  Yeah, I just copied the format out of the spec sheets he did for my other ships. And yeah, good teamwork. I'm not what you would call good at creating backstories.

Comment

I like your ships, in whatever form you do them really. I cant wait to write out this guide thing fully, its going to be epic lol. Im well excited, its probley going to be crap but i want to do it.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

I like your ships, in whatever form you do them really. I cant wait to write out this guide thing fully, its going to be epic lol. Im well excited, its probley going to be crap but i want to do it.
                      I'm sure it'll be awesome. And what did you mean by liking them in any form?

Spoiler:

What about this form?!?!

Comment

right now i dont feel ike puting pics up but if you want to download the model of the saving grace medical class ship here it is

Comment

I have a starship idea, it's not a human ship, and not particularly original, but here goes. It's an Asgard light cruiser. It uses the same hull configuration as an O'Neill class, but is only about a quarter the size of an O'Neill, so around the size of a Daedalus class ship. Because it is so much smaller it only uses one neutrino-ion generator. Obviously the weapons and shields are not quite up to the power of an O'Neill class, but are sufficient for most engagements. And like most Asgard ships it has fancy doohickeys and gizmoes.
                          With the Beliskner class reaching its operational age limit and the defeat of the replicators, the Asgard high command realized that a new type of ship would be needed to patrol their territory. Obviously most conflicts could be resolved without the enormous firepower an O'Neill could bring to bear, in fact usually the Asgard simply needed to make an appearance and resistance ended. So the Asgard decided to go small (but not too small, we all know the Asgard need their legroom). Being the pragmatists they are, and also a rather uncreative bunch, the Asgard simply took the specs for an O'Neill and sized them down, the design process took all of 30 seconds. Thus the Walter Harriman class light cruiser was born. Why name a ship after Walter you ask, well why the hell not?
                          Not taking the threat of the Ori seriously, and being otherwise engaged in fixing their pesky reproduction problems (of course it's a problem, how do you tell a male Asgard from a female Asgard? They have no idea either!), but still needing to offer token assisstance to their Tau'ri allies, the Asgard high command dispatched a Walter to take part in the battle at the supergate. Having not told anyone of the Tau'ri that they had designed a new starship class, the Asgard commander of the ship had to field fairly annoying queries from both humans and Jaffa. Questions like, "why is your ship so small?", or "Isn't an O'Neill class ship supposed to be like five times the size of a Hatak?" Unfortunately before the Asgard commander could answer these queries the supergate opened, and ..well you know the rest.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982
                            I have a starship idea, it's not a human ship, and not particularly original, but here goes. It's an Asgard light cruiser. It uses the same hull configuration as an O'Neill class, but is only about a quarter the size of an O'Neill, so around the size of a Daedalus class ship. Because it is so much smaller it only uses one neutrino-ion generator. Obviously the weapons and shields are not quite up to the power of an O'Neill class, but are sufficient for most engagements. And like most Asgard ships it has fancy doohickeys and gizmoes.
                            With the Beliskner class reaching its operational age limit and the defeat of the replicators, the Asgard high command realized that a new type of ship would be needed to patrol their territory. Obviously most conflicts could be resolved without the enormous firepower an O'Neill could bring to bear, in fact usually the Asgard simply needed to make an appearance and resistance ended. So the Asgard decided to go small (but not too small, we all know the Asgard need their legroom). Being the pragmatists they are, and also a rather uncreative bunch, the Asgard simply took the specs for an O'Neill and sized them down, the design process took all of 30 seconds. Thus the Walter Harriman class light cruiser was born. Why name a ship after Walter you ask, well why the hell not?
                            Not taking the threat of the Ori seriously, and being otherwise engaged in fixing their pesky reproduction problems (of course it's a problem, how do you tell a male Asgard from a female Asgard? They have no idea either!), but still needing to offer token assisstance to their Tau'ri allies, the Asgard high command dispatched a Walter to take part in the battle at the supergate. Having not told anyone of the Tau'ri that they had designed a new starship class, the Asgard commander of the ship had to field fairly annoying queries from both humans and Jaffa. Questions like, "why is your ship so small?", or "Isn't an O'Neill class ship supposed to be like five times the size of a Hatak?" Unfortunately before the Asgard commander could answer these queries the supergate opened, and ..well you know the rest.
                            xD That's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                              xD That's cool.
                              Yeah, just wait till the Asgard name a ship after Teal'c. You know it always struck me as odd that the Asgard named a class of science ship after Daniel Jackson, and not Carter. Has Daniels relationship with the Asgard been that special that he deserved a ship. Sam saved their planet and she didn't get any special recognition WTH?
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Made a comparison of a Hatak, the Columbia, and the Daedalus. The Columbia looks so crappy compared to the Daedalus.

Spoiler:

Hatak and Daedalus odels made by Grzegorz Wereszko.

Comment

Working...
                                X