Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look's good. I like the backstory. The chairs pretty..huge though. And I'm not so sure that there should be big windows like that without shields.

Anyway, I made one of those battle scenes with the updated model of the Naglfar. Ha'tak about to be destroyed. Don't comment on my crappy photoshop skills. xD

Spoiler:

Comment

i know i tried to do the interior and when you work inside its ard to judge, theres also a joystick! the chair is huge, the windows are made from the same kind of thing as PJ windows, not shields but really tough glass. The windows are important in keeping an eye of things from above, in the search and rescue functions etc..
      Love the battle, very cool, and i cant really comment on the photoshopping...
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        i know i tried to do the interior and when you work inside its ard to judge, theres also a joystick! the chair is huge, the windows are made from the same kind of thing as PJ windows, not shields but really tough glass. The windows are important in keeping an eye of things from above, in the search and rescue functions etc..
        Love the battle, very cool, and i cant really comment on the photoshopping...
        Well, I was referring to the Naglfars main cannon, and the shield impacts. They main cannon looks bad, and the shield impacts are all..green and badly made. I actually like the staff cannon blasts though..

Comment

-- Atlantis class Troop carrier --

Type: Mid range armoured personel carrier
          Technology base: Human
          Operators: USAF
          Class: Carrier

Hull: Heavy trinium plating
          Decks: 2
          Dimensions: L400m H80m W400m

Crew:
          ~Maximum Personnel: 1000
          ~Troops: 960
          Vehicles: Any military ground vehicle's as Required, can dock Teltak and PJ class ships.

Craft: 6 ATS
          Engines: 1st Generation gravity sublight drives, two Asgard hyperdrives generator
          Powerplant: 6x Mark I naquadah reactor, 18x mark II Naquadah gener
          Armament/Weapons: 14 Heavy rail guns ( largest is 5 feet in diameter)
          Defences: Heavy trinium armour plating, Asgard shield
          Cloak: Sodan Cloak can be interfaced with Asgard shields

Technical and Historical Notes:
          The atlantis class, named so because its design resembles a primitive version of the great city is part of the next generation of ground force orientated vessels earth is producing. realising that the Ori motherships were not something they could defeat in the short term the SGC, IOA and HS decided to make the best of what they had; and what they had was the largest and most advanced military ground force in the galaxy. Two ships have been commisioned too enhance the outward impact of the Tauri military ground forces, the ATS, which can carry troops between battlegrounds and serve as a mobile command; and the Atlantis class carrier, which serves as a mobile spacedock for the ATS's.
          The atlantis class was designed specifically to carry the ATS's from earth or colonised planet to a battleground where they needed to be deployed. The ATS is small for its role, it can carry over 1000 troops accross the entire MW galaxy in 18 hours, due to Asgard hyperdrives and a power source to boost speeds. The need for speed was clear, because troops are stationed with the ATS's thmesleves for the journey, not a comfortable place for 18 hours.
          The shields of the ships is powered by the same system as the hyperdrive so if the hyperdrive is to be engaged the shields will be weakened, a nasty sopt in the design.
          Weapons wise it is weak and therefore the ship usually uses its good shielding or the new Sodan based shield replacement cloak while in orbit and avoid detection. It can however take out Alkesh and gliders quite happily without incuring critical damage, and provide orbital fire support to ATS ground personel.
          The atlantis class, in future designs shall be revamped to include a greater power source and more weappons, but the need for a cheap, fast and efficent troop carrier to get out people in to conbat with the Ori was paramount in the deisgn phases and therefore some functionality was lost.

In 2009 the Atlantis class launched and featured in the first Ori/Tauri land battle of the war, 5 of the ships carried 5000( in 30 ATS's) troops to the battlefield and successfully aided in stoping an army of the ori from attacking a number of allys by surrounding the gate in a ring of gun fire unseen in this galaxy. the tauri killed nearly 20,000 Ori soldiers in a three day battle, we lost 4289 soldiers but won and saved a new Asgard/Tauri base near completion from being attacked by the Ori. There are currently 9 of these ships in active service in the MW as of 2011, and the Ori are finally seeing what our bullets can do to them.

sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

interesting idea, i think there trying to a similar thing for the marine corp in the us with a ship simialr to spaceship1, be a better idea if the craft was designed for setting up a remote beach head and deploying the ats, the main module could be rmeotely operated or act as a command staion
            ]

Comment

The Atlantis craft can land, it can act like a command centre if need be, the main purpose of both of these ships is to be heavy support for ground troops. So you could set up one of these on a planet and it would be an alpha site, with a thousand troops instantly put on the ground so it would be a beach head if need be. It has a role similar to the Hatak did in the old days, but less well armed and smaller.
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Wow guys, there have been some great new designs, i really like yours immhotep...i'm currently redoing parts of my Cerberus class it'll be done soon...
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

you could add on specific mission modules, or set one up as a mine etc
                  ]

Comment

Yes you could, there is a very large internal storage area where troops can be stationed in transit or weapons or mobile field hospitals etc can be set up. equally you could station one of these ships and the 6 it carries on Ore collection duties, where it could fly to a planet, loaded up on minerals in bulk via the shuttles and then fly back to the shipyard, perhaps even having processing facilities installed for this custom role.
                    Essentially both these ships can function in may different roles, and together they make the ideal support team. They can, with modificaitons/ modules do anything they need too in the non capital ship combat spectrum. If you had 3 deadalus ships and 1 atlantis class then i think any planet in the MW could be taken and be set up as a colony in any capacity the situation demanded. THe deadalus alone couldnt occupy a planet for very long, but take along an atlantis in tow and land it on the surface of the planet then you could hold any planet with ease for significant period of time.

To further its effectiveness, if you took the altantis class on a gurrilla campaign you could land, cloak her and then use the 6 ATS's for ground troop incursions. I think that type of warfare would be very effective against the wraith/Genii in Pegasus.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                      Yeah find by me your calss can be called the archangel and my will jus tbe call the angel. If you agree.
                      I'll take you up on that. Here's my expanded, edited, and modified version of the design. I added quite a bit to the technical and historical entry. I would like to know what everyone thinks.

~Archangel class planetary defense ship~

~Type: Small hyperspace-capable starship; based around the Al'kesh
                      ~Designation: X-401; Joint Planetary Defense Fighter; Strategic Aerospace Fighter-Bomber
                      ~Users: United States Air Force, Royal Air Force, Russian Space Service, People's Liberation Army Air Force
                      ~Builder: Northrop Grumman/Newport News/Soyuz Fleet Systems
                      ~Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard/Ga'ould
                      ~Naval Classification: Fighter-Bomber
                      ~Dimensions:
                      Standard Al'kesh Dimensions
                      ~Displacement: ?
                      ~Capacity:
                      -Officers: 2
                      -Enlisted: 14
                      -Maximum: 30
                      ~Powerplant:
                      -Standard Al'kesh powerplant
                      -Mk. II Naquadah reactor (redundant powerplant)
                      ~Propulsion:
                      -Standard Al'kesh sub-light inertial drive
                      -Asgard/Area 51 hyperspace window generator
                      ~Performance:
                      -Maximum Acceleration: 59.72 PSL
                      -Maximum Hyperspace Velocity: 611 lightyears/hour
                      -Maximum Hyperspace Endurance: 94 hours/top speed
                      -Hyperspace Generator Recharge Rate: 2.1 minutes between jumps
                      ~Ship Systems:
                      -Computer: Two Al'kesh crystalline-based computer systems (redundant configuration); AEGIS Networking System
                      -Life Support: Standard Al'kesh life support
                      -Sensors: Standard Al'kesh sensors
                      -Navigation: Stargate Network Common Coordinate Alignment Datalink
                      -Communications: Standard Ga'ould/Jaffa subspace communication systems
                      ~Addtional Sytems
                      -Ga'ould "ring" matter transporter
                      -Asgard matter transporter
                      ~Armament:
                      -Two liquid naqahdah-powered staff cannons (standard)
                      -Surface bombardment plasma discharger (standard)
                      -Two fixed vertical internal magnetic launch systems with twelve ASASN (Advanced Strategic Anti-Ship Nuclear; pronounced "assassin") missiles
                      ~Defenses:
                      -Asgard Shields
                      -Naqahdah-alloy armor (standard)
                      -Standard Al'kesh cloaking device
                      ~Units:
                      X-401-01 - USS Abaddon (Active)
                      X-401-02 - USS Astaroth (Active)
                      X-401-03 - USS Leviathan (Active)
                      X-401-04 - USS Metatron (Active)
                      X-401-05 - HMS Raguel (Active)
                      X-401-06 - HMS Sandalphon (Active)
                      X-401-07 - HMS Zadkiel (Under Construction)
                      X-401-08 - RFS Chamuel (Under Construction)

Technical and Historical Notes:

With the recent outbreak of war between the Lucian Alliance and Earth, the near-loss of the Odyssey, and the expulsion of the Atlantis expedition by returning Ancients, a growing concern developed among the governments participating in the Stargate program about the relatively thin measures for Earth's defense. Finally, fearing the potential loss of the Antarctica outpost--Earth's last means of defense against full scale invasion--a motion was brought before the IOA to release funds for research and development of new means of defense. In a rare moment of agreement, the measure passed unanimously. Unfortunately, the agreement ended there.

There were proposals coming from all sectors of the member nations, with private corporations, state-owned industries, military research agencies, and even privileged think tanks putting forward proposals, ranging from the realistic to the esoteric: massive stationary magnetic mass-drivers, extremely theoretical manipulation of the ionosphere to amplify Ga'ould-based shield systems, "unlimited budget" reverse-engineering of the Tollan ion cannon, and even asking the Nox for assistance in frustrating invading forces. Ironically, it was a occurrences far from Earth that provided a solution to her defense.

Bra'tac, leader of the Progressive faction on he High Council and a close and observer and friend of the Tau'ri, made a proposal of trading for Al'kesh ships, which were being removed from frontline service in several fleets as the result of a recent shift in Jaffa military doctrine. Many of the constituent Jaffa governments, particularly those among the Progressive faction, found that the medium-range Al'kesh bomber, meant to reduce ground-based forces and fortifications to dust, was seeing sharp decline in use, largely because the Jaffa were no longer fighting large-scale wars involving whole armies and fleets of craft. It was now small-unit actions, hitting precise targets. In this new paradigm, they had found the use of Tel'tak scout ships in conjunction with Deathgliders provided more flexibility.

Northrop Grumman, with several rebuilt Al'kesh in hand, put forward a proposal. Hearkening back to the original X-301 project, this new ship design would modify the existing Al'kesh, taking it from an unshielded bomber to a full-fledged "missile boat" capable fighting capital ships (specifically Ha'tak class). Doing this, they could build it relatively cheaply and quickly, with the Al'kesh's impressive maneuverability and formiddable armaments being "free" in the design.

The first four vessels, now dubbed Archangel class, were constructed by Northrop at the Groom Lake Testing Grounds. With experience gained on the Daedulus and Prometheus projects and limited assistance from the Tok'ra and Asgard, the modifications were completed in four months. A fleet sixteen craft is planned, stationed in Britain, China, Russia, and the US, with another sixteen being proposed for construction and deployment in smaller member nations.

The Archangel class vessels retain many of the Al'kesh's Ga'ould-based "bare essentials"--communications, life support, and sensors--as well as its weapons systems, but has also received extensive modifications. Its primary computers and power systems have been re-engineered with a second crystaline-based computer and Mk. II Naquadah reactor as redundant systems. Asgard-based shields, a hyperspace-window generator (replacing the standard Al'kesh hyperdrive), and matter transporter have also been added.

The most notable addition to the platform is the ASASN missile. Armed with a Mk. II "Gate-Buster" naqahdah-enhanced nuclear warhead, it utilizes a modified Deathglider inertial drive and Tel'tak cloaking system, obtained from damaged ships (either in our own stocks or supplied by the Free Jaffa) or on the open market. The missiles are designed to be accelerated rapidly from their launch tubes and immediately cloak, "defeating" the shields of a larger ship by simply obscuring their presence.

An Archangel is designed primarily as a "ship-killer," being able to take and deal out substantial amounts of damage for its weight class, but not able to do either for a sustained fight. Thus, they operate in squadrons of four against single motherships, breaking down in to formations of two when required. It is generally believed that a single Archangel could take out a Ha'tak class vessel, but training exercises and simulations have shown such tactics to result in unsustainable losses. Nonetheless, "suicide" plans have been put in place for virtually every class of ship ever encountered by Earth military forces or allies.

_________________________________________________________________

Would anyone like to model this craft or the missile?
                      Last edited by david3565; 16 October 2006, 04:54 PM. Reason: Edited for suggested corrections and modifications

Comment

Dont include the wraith technology(unnessicaery with shields and lets face it, if its going down will it really have time to heal?) and the sodan cloak(the alkesh already ahve cloaks) and that ship is perfect . I would model it but ive tried modeling the alkesh and it failed misserable, i just cant do curves in GS

PS ill we releasing my guide VERY soon, 2night!
                        Last edited by immhotep; 05 October 2006, 08:15 AM.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

why havent you changed the near loss of the prometheus david?
                          ]

Comment

Just wan everyone to know that the ship design guide will be gettin released tonight and ive just looked at it to get it ready and i cant believe how long it got! 9 pages in word! Hope you enjoy it later. only 16 posts to go

PS if you can post alot on this page so i can start the 105 page with the guide at the top, id apprechiate that alot
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

so what have you included in your manifesto or have we all got to wait
                              ]

Comment

seeing as immhotep is currently waiting for us to bring up the post count i thought i'd take the time to mention a new ship i'm building...

i was bored with the resrictions with earth ships so i decided to build a completely alien ship from scratch it kind of follows Daryl Froggy's challenge...
                                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                                X