X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unknown.entity
    Looks like a vacuum cleaner to me...
    A vacuum cleaner... lol, erm....it what way does it look like a vacuum cleaner? it's supposed to be a weapon of war
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

it odes look rather vacumesque, is that ur first attempt
      ]

Comment

second, in what way is it vacumesque?
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I have idea for ancient ship. At moment very early stages of developemnt.
          But I have go tthe history bit figure.

History: Their was great discussion with in the atlantis society on whether they should abandon the galaxy. Many people had many ideas about what they should do. Their were few who thought they should stay and fight the wraith to the bitter end and that they should not abandon all they have built. They fled atlantis for a isolated planet on the edge of the pegasus galaxy. Their they help younger races where possible and took them back to their planet. Slowly over decades they built up a new colony, with the sole intent on the destruction of the wraith.

They went on and built the greatiest vessel the ancients have ever built. Its real name has long been forgotten but to some it was know as the angle and to the wraith it became known as the angle of death, agile and fast with incredible power, it had no rival, the wraith ran at the near mention of the vessel name.

The first battle it fought was against ten hive vessels. The wraith never saw it coming, the angle flew out hyperspace and fire it massive ancients cannons, taking out two hive vessels. The hive fire on the vessel with no effect the ancients seeing what their new ship could do fire the cannon again taking out the entire fleet. No wraith ship survive the attack. The people on the planet spread world that a angle had strike down the wraith vessels, and the story, the legend was born. Unfortantly the wraith fournd the colony before it could launch more vessels of the same class. The colony was destroy. This lone vessel for the next five decades fought the wraith, taking out hundreds of vessels with hit and run attacks.

Eventually the wraith caught up with it, 200 hundred hives vessels and 400 cruisers and thousands fighters. The angle fought bravely taking almost 40 hive vessels down before finally the brave crew set of the self destruct, the power of the three zpm and two ion power plants destroyed the entire wraith fleet, but not before they sent a message out to the wraith, the angle shall rise again, and the wraith will be destroyed.

But the myth live on, people across pegasus know when the ancients return the angle shall rise and death will come to the wraith.

I will post specs of the ship later and evetually once I finish my other vessels I will post a 3d model of it.

But what do you guys think of the idea

Comment

Cool story line. But did you mean to call it the angel, not the angle?
            Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
            I shot him...

in the leg...
            I'm invulnerable!
            Spoiler:
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
            http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
              lol, erm....in what way does it look like a vacuum cleaner?
              Spoiler:

See the resemblance?
              sigpic

Comment

i love the sound of the Angel, this could be really cool Im assuming that your going to have the next vessel have been constructed in secret and found by earth just not being able to be pwoered by anything we have. or something to that effect.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

just out of fun and the shear coolness that the angel sound i decided to model it so ill have it up for every one i hope you dont mind knowles2 it sounded so cool

Comment

im not going to the gt the 5000th post to coincide with the 2000th/100th page, i just cnat type the much that fast, but i will do something special to commorate the later events.
                    for the 2000/100th's im going to write a partial guide to ship design, obviously from my point of view, and maybe this will help others who want to join in. the older members of the thread will know 99% of what i talk about so its just a "newbies guide to ship design" or will be that sound any gd? ill do something else for the 5000th
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

that sounds A-some

Comment

here is my interpertation of the angel called the arc angel because it was the final and ultimate version heres a link to the model if any one wants to download itand here are some pics

the big guns

and the power

i hope you enjoy

Comment

cool AG, i like it, its like a long thin aurora

im so proud! my ship design guide is massive already and im not even half way through! i cant believe how much i have to write. lol i will be making it my 5000th post, i wont have it ready by 2moro or within the next 24 posts.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

I made some gunship thing. I haven't really named it yet. I don't like it that much..its just..not really different from any of my other crap.

Spoiler:

Here's the measurements if anyones interested.

Length: 86 meters
                            Beam: 44 Meters
                            Draft: 23 Meters

And armament

It's got three 6.8 inch railguns, ten 5 inch rail guns, two RAM-116 missile launchers, and two Phalanx CIWS. Mwuhahaha.

Comment

Can i do the specs? i love that design, its really cool.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                                Can i do the specs? i love that design, its really cool.
                                You can if you want. And thanks. I didn't think anyone would like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X