Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Pete should come back. Simple as that.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      I guess I should wait and see how the season actually goes before I start complaining too much. But that would be level-headed and logical and really what fun would that be.
      You've been hanging around me too much. Muahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by avatar
        http://www.gateworld.net/news/episod...84390319,54135

David DeLuise returns as Samantha Carter's boyfriend in multiple episodes in Season 8.

________

AHHH!! AH!!! NO!!! In MULTIPLE episodes? Why are they doing that? *dies*
        I'm with you. I think I even made the same statement. Don't get me wrong, I like David DeLuise, and I want Sam to be happy, but this is... ech. No good. Poor David. I feel bad for him. He's a nice guy, really, and it's a good character that he's created, but I would really prefer him in more of a "friend" capacity. Not only for that whole "Sam/Jack Thing," but because of the whole "Earth-Like Romance" thing.

SPOILERS FOR THE EP WHERE TEAL'C GETS AN APARTMENT AND FOR ANY NEW EPS WITH OSIRIS>>
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        OK.

For instance, the Teal'c and Neighbor Romance? Hmm... I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one. I'd like Teal'c to be happy, too, but I'm more of a fan of that Ish'ta person. Also, I'm glad they haven't delved too much into the whole Daniel/De-Goa'ulded Sarah thing, although I thought that I read somewhere that they are going to. *shrugs*
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        ^
        Alright, Spoilers are over.

Either way they go, I'll still watch, because the show is good and the characters are awesome, but still...

Comment

Whew. That was kind of cathartic. I think I'm having sort of an off day. I guess I should wait and see how the season actually goes before I start complaining too much. But that would be level-headed and logical and really what fun would that be.

There, there, now you just get it all out! It's good to vent and I enjoyed listening to it.

I just don't get these guys obsession with romance. I am just living in absolute fear of their inevitable Daniel/Sarah plotline. In one of the interviews Michael Shanks and Christopher Judge did with Cult Times during their tour in January, one of the things Michael said (regarding wanting bittersweet ending for his character): "I'd always like to go out that way than to end it with a soppy violin love chord and hold hands with somebody as they walk off into the sunset" because he thinks it would be shortchanging all the frustration, pain and hardship Daniel's had.

I do like the way that boy thinks, I almost squealed when I read it.

There is a whole universe out there to explore and for some reason the writers seem to want to bind them to Earth, interacting with more Earthlings whilst shacking them up with someone of the opposite sex along the way.

I don't even want to start in on what they've done to Sam. Then we get Teal'c in a Lifetime mystery movie of the week.

That said I like Pete, but I'm afraid for him.

Comment

I'd like to go on record as saying that I am deeply disturbed and sickened by some of the comments I've been reading on this thread. I don't care if Pete IS a fictional character, that's no excuse for the death wishes and similarly nasty thoughts! The writers must feel that there is SOMETHING left in the Sam/Pete storyline to be told if they're going to bring him back and I for one am looking forward to seeing it. Maybe a bit warily, but I'm writing it down as an ep (or two) I actually intend to watch.

Some of you people need to take a couple of steps back and maybe try some deep breathing exercises because you are taking this all WAY too seriously. There are ways of expressing yourself WITHOUT resorting to violent comments and ill wishes. Just because you (general you) don't like a character does not mean that everyone hates that character. How would you feel if someone said they wanted Jack to get tossed into an incoming wormhole? Or runover by a train? Or ripped apart by rabid gerbils?

And think about this: the chance that David will read these posts is very slim, but it is NOT impossible. You may not be expressing your thoughts about him directly, but you ARE making them about a character he's played. How would YOU feel if someone shredded something you had done? A fic, a vid, a part in a play? What if there was no constructive criticism involved, it was just an outright attack against your creation/personification? I'm guessing that most of you wouldn't like it.

Try to show a little respect. You can hate a character without demonizing him. Pete is NOT the Antichrist! And if you CAN'T show any respect, if you loathe the character SO much, with every fiber of your being, then maybe you shouldn't be posting anything about Pete at all. At least not in the general threads where general fans are going to be seeing it.

Some of you are beginning to frighten me.

Comment

Love David DeLuise......but I'm far from happy about Pete returning (hello, I'm a Sam/Jack shipper). Though it was to be expected.

As long as he doesn't turn evil (too predictable and simplistic....see Alias), doesn't die (too predictable and simplistic), doesn't follow Sam around (too predictable and...weird), doesn't marry Sam and have her babies LOL ( ) and doesn't take her on any more dates (please, spare us), then sure, let's have him back. So that he can exit the show gracefully. Or if not the show, just Sam's (love)life.

At first I was horrified that he would be around for multiple episodes (simply because I didn't like the way he was written, nothing against D Deluise), but the reality is that it's necessary. Just dropping him from the show would make Sam look, well not just confused but schizophrenic.

I can understand why they introduced the character (he's a foil for S/J) and how he is supposed to open up new doors for Sam and give us an insight into her personal life, hopes, dreams etc....but I felt the character fell short of all this.

So much so that I have rewritten the Pete plot of Chimera (me trying to erase it completely would be too predictable and simplistic )

We see Sam pull in to her driveway on her Bike. She finds a harness at her doorstep with a note attached. It reads:

I'll pick you up tomorrow at 0700. Bring a change of clothes.

Next Day, picks her up with his 4WD and they go rock climbing. When they get to the top, it's an amazing view. He has a big pack that he carried with wine and chocolate and gourmet sandwiches (not too much wine or they'll fall off the cliff). Sam loves it because she's forgotten she doesn't have to be off-world to see amazing sights. But she looks discontent. Pete asks about the Stargate program - she puts him off. The mood is broken.

That night they go out for Grourmet pizza. Sam gets to wear a dress. Pete gets to see Sam wearing a dress. They go back to her place (cringe) and things heat up, but Sam still shows signs of being uncomfortable.

She wakes in the morning to find Pete using her laptop (in all innocence - he's supposed to be a GOOD guy) .She thinks **hey, I thought I would be the workaholic**.
              Unfortunately, she'd taken her work home with her and Pete found it...lots of evidence that freaks him out. He demands to know the truth and they argue. Sam gets paged to the SGC for an emergency. Episode ends with Pete trying to look angry, not worried.

Note that he doesn't follow her or call the FBI because he already knows she's a Major, that her work is classified and that it either has something to do with other planets or has some really trippy code-names.

There. Plenty of relationship angst for them to play with, without Sam being followed. Then in Season 8, we could have something weird happen to Sam (insert suitable alien virus/entity/psychotic episode here) on a date and instead of taking her to the hospital, Pete, who’s got a clue by this point, takes her to the Cheyenne Mountain and demands to be let in. Jack happens to be topside and when he sees how bad sam is, contacts Hammond. Jack takes pity on Pete and Hammond agrees to let him in, but he's kept away from the Gate. If we MUST find a way for him to know about the program, the strange things he saw can be the catalyst, thus removing the “I can’t tell him about my job so the relationship can’t work” issue. That way, when Pete gets serious about their future and Sam finds herself less smitten than before, we’ll know it’s for no reason more extraordinary than that he’s not the right guy for her. While she’s figuring this out, TPTB can insert no end of S/J UST and angst, as long as they remember the other two members of SG1 are still around and that big round thing that takes you to other planets. Other planets would be real nice to see.

And that was my alternate reality version of Season 7/8. This version, I could have handled – knowing as I do that Jack will win out in the end. This Pete, I would have at least found believable. The Pete we got left me feeling sorry for Sam, not envying a romantic relationship.The Pete we got appeals to me about as much as...a big ball of wax.

Ok. I'm in a silly mood. Staying home sick for 3 days will do things to your brain....

And in conclusion Pete in multiple episodes next year? I'm scared....

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                Love David DeLuise......but I'm far from happy about Pete returning (hello, I'm a Sam/Jack shipper). Though it was to be expected.

As long as he doesn't turn evil (too predictable and simplistic....see Alias), doesn't die (too predictable and simplistic), doesn't follow Sam around (too predictable and...weird), doesn't marry Sam and have her babies LOL ( ) and doesn't take her on any more dates (please, spare us), then sure, let's have him back. So that he can exit the show gracefully. Or if not the show, just Sam's (love)life.

[sniped for length]
                Yeah, that about sums it up for me.

Really liked the re-write BTW.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Well if it's a good story I'll be happy to see such a nice, fun character come back. I just get a bit when I look at the spoilers for the season so far in their totality. All the others seem to be pretty much all Earth-based so far, and I honestly can't think of a way Pete could be in it without it being set on Earth, or largely on Earth.

Anyone remember the Big Round Thing?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    Yeah, that about sums it up for me.

Really liked the re-write BTW.
                    Awww, thanx!!

See everybody? Not all shippers want to forget about Pete completely. We just want him handled in an intelligent manner...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      I'd like to go on record as saying that I am deeply disturbed and sickened by some of the comments I've been reading on this thread. I don't care if Pete IS a fictional character, that's no excuse for the death wishes and similarly nasty thoughts! The writers must feel that there is SOMETHING left in the Sam/Pete storyline to be told if they're going to bring him back and I for one am looking forward to seeing it. Maybe a bit warily, but I'm writing it down as an ep (or two) I actually intend to watch.
                      It's ok Shadow. Not everybody wants to see Pete die...

Some of you people need to take a couple of steps back and maybe try some deep breathing exercises because you are taking this all WAY too seriously. There are ways of expressing yourself WITHOUT resorting to violent comments and ill wishes. Just because you (general you) don't like a character does not mean that everyone hates that character. How would you feel if someone said they wanted Jack to get tossed into an incoming wormhole? Or runover by a train? Or ripped apart by rabid gerbils?
                      You should take some deep breaths too (not that what you're saying is without merit...far from it). And if someone said that about Jack, I'd either think it was a joke or think they must be a few fries short of a happy meal lol coz I LOVE Jack.

And think about this: the chance that David will read these posts is very slim, but it is NOT impossible. You may not be expressing your thoughts about him directly, but you ARE making them about a character he's played. How would YOU feel if someone shredded something you had done? A fic, a vid, a part in a play? What if there was no constructive criticism involved, it was just an outright attack against your creation/personification? I'm guessing that most of you wouldn't like it.
                      If David does read this thread, I hope he realises the majority of people are offering either constructive criticism, criticism with good, if sometimes unexplained, reasons or actually want to see him back.

Try to show a little respect. You can hate a character without demonizing him. Pete is NOT the Antichrist! And if you CAN'T show any respect, if you loathe the character SO much, with every fiber of your being, then maybe you shouldn't be posting anything about Pete at all. At least not in the general threads where general fans are going to be seeing it.
                      I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you are (at least partially) talking about the Shippers....and if you aren't then well, it's possible to read it that way because the Shippers are probably the most vocally disapproving of Pete. So I'll just pipe up to say that many (if not most) Shippers - in my opinion - don't want to see bad things happen to Pete. If they express this wish, it's probably only in jest, mainly confined to the shipper thread, as a method of venting their frustration. Even then it is often with the 'potatoe' euphemism and intended for laughs, not to conjure (ooh conjure) real images of violence. I don't recognise any of the people in this thread who have said he should die as shippers (though I could easily be wrong).

I think everyone just wants the story line handled intelligently, for it to be believable - one way or the other - and for Pete to seem like somebody Sam would fall for - whether temporarily or permanently. Unfortunately, for a lot of people, this wasn't the case. For someone who is a HUGE Sam fan, it would have been difficult to watch her in a relationship if you thought it was damaging to her, a relationship in which she wasn't being treated the way she should be.

But I agree, that's no reason to treat the actor badly or to wish a quick death upon a charcter (coz that's just bad storytelling!). I don't think that's what people are meaning to do though.

At least I would hope not...because, yes, that can be offensive. At least in the shipper thread Pete-bashing is understood not to be serious.

Some of you are beginning to frighten me.
                      Don't be frightened! I'm sure it's a minority.

It looks to me like the people that disliked Pete are worried, the people that liked Pete are worried and the people that don't care either way are probably worried too. So if TPTB wanted controversy, they've got it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                        i am glad he is back. hopefully he and sam will live happily ever after. i am tired with the Jack/Sam relationship. they have had so long to get together and never did so the Jack/Sam relationship possibility is over, if the writers haven't did anything after this long chance are they never will have Sam and Jack get involved with each other and as far as i am concerned, as long as Pete doesn't get involved with the SGC he won't die.

he didn't know about the SGC and he almost died. getting involved will just bring the curse of Sam onto him and it would be a shame to see another possible relationship go out the window

With the amount of Sam/Jack shipper all over the net ...and the 1000 videos about them too.I don't think the ship is over ..between S/J ..far from it.
                        But Sam can have an outside boyfriend for the time being..just don't want to see him too much unless he is mythology related...and no bedroom scene cuz we already had it.....and no kiss either unless she's thinking about Jack

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                          Well if it's a good story I'll be happy to see such a nice, fun character come back. I just get a bit when I look at the spoilers for the season so far in their totality. All the others seem to be pretty much all Earth-based so far, and I honestly can't think of a way Pete could be in it without it being set on Earth, or largely on Earth.

Anyone remember the Big Round Thing?

Oh ..you mean the new round table in the briefing room!!!!!

Caty

Comment

SaharaGate, just wanted to let you know that I found all your comments to be intelligent and right on the mark. I, for one, would like to see the character of Pete handled intelligently and the events of last season acknowledged (where Pete had the FBI guy look into her background and when he followed SG-1 on the stakeout).

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                              If David does read this thread, I hope he realises the majority of people are offering either constructive criticism, criticism with good, if sometimes unexplained, reasons or actually want to see him back.[
                              "Pete should be shoved through the vortex of an incoming wormhole"? "OFF WITH HIS HEAD"?? This sounds neither constructive nor like "criticism with good reasons." And no, in this case I can't take a joke, especially because I don't get the feeling that these people are kidding.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you are (at least partially) talking about the Shippers....
                              It's directed at shippers and anyone else who want simply for the character to die, no matter what. A majority of them may be shippers, yes, but I know that not ALL of them are.

If they express this wish, it's probably only in jest, mainly confined to the shipper thread, as a method of venting their frustration.
                              I've written a couple of fluffy parodying fics that kill off Daniel even though I don't honestly wish to see the character disappear again, so I suppose I'll have to grant some leeway on the subject, but somehow a lot of the comments I'm seeing here don't seem as if they're intended to be funny... or they seem light-hearted only because the person posting the death wishes takes such absolute joy in the thought of Pete's demise. Could be a matter of perspective, I guess, but it still doesn't sit well with me.

I think everyone just wants the story line handled intelligently, for it to be believable - one way or the other - and for Pete to seem like somebody Sam would fall for - whether temporarily or permanently. Unfortunately, for a lot of people, this wasn't the case. For someone who is a HUGE Sam fan, it would have been difficult to watch her in a relationship if you thought it was damaging to her, a relationship in which she wasn't being treated the way she should be.
                              If they want the story handled intelligently, they should hire different writers. Sadly, I really do think that's the only way it'll happen because I get the sense that TPTB are set to demonize Pete right alongside the fans.

I am a very big fan of Sam and I feel that her "feelings" for Jack have been far more damaging to her character than anything associated with Pete. Even with my truncated viewing, season seven has done more to diminish my love of Sam (and Jack, for that matter) than in all the other seasons combined and the most obvious reason for that is the Sam/Jack storyline. Even when she's supposed to be involved with Pete she's still moping after Jack!

Pete has done some less-than-stellar things, but I found them acceptable within the context of the story and Jack isn't exactly a saint, himself. Different contexts? Maybe. But I still think that Pete acted out of love and concern and not out of some sick desire to control every aspect of Sam's life. Jack has done some pretty terrible things himself out of concern for the welfare of humanity, things I haven't always liked or agreed with, but he did them because he felt that he HAD to and I don't think that Pete's reasoning is all that different. Just more personal.

I'm one of the ones who would like to see Sam married off to Pete. I think he's far better for her than Jack could ever be. Unfortunately, I also know there isn't a chance in hell of that happening because TPTB are a bunch of Sam/Jack shippers and while they may get off by tormenting the shippers occasionally, in the end their goals are the same: Sam & Jack forever! I find it very depressing. It's one of the reasons I've stopped watching. I much prefer a show where I am allowed to decide whether or not I see ship and where I don't have it shoved down my throat all the time.

If you Sam/Jack shippers hate being taunted with Pete, just imagine how we non-Sam/Jack shippers feel having the S/J ship thrown in our faces. It isn't a pleasant feeling but at least you all can rest knowing that Pete will eventually go away- after all, he's just The Obstacle. For us (or for me at least), I/we know that we're doomed to more and more blatant S/J ship for the rest of the show's life and that the finale will likely end in a very pro-shippy way. Be glad you're on the winning side. Let us have our small victories while we can.

Comment

Originally posted by avatar
                                http://www.gateworld.net/news/episod...84390319,54135

David DeLuise returns as Samantha Carter's boyfriend in multiple episodes in Season 8.

________

AHHH!! AH!!! NO!!! In MULTIPLE episodes? Why are they doing that? *dies*
                                Pete's back. Bummer.

Comment

Working...
                                X