Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want a regular fourth person for the team. As it is, s7 gives little time to Teal'c, and even Daniel gets underused. A fourth person in s8 would either get as short-changed as them, or be an excuse to carry on short-changing them.

An occasional one-off Guest Fourth would be nice, if it were a selection from Davis, Jonas, Jacob, Bratac, or Grogan (what? he's pretty!) Someone we've seen before though so that they can have a proper role in the story without getting bogged down by inventing the backstory an' all.

Madeleine

Comment

i wouldn't mind a 4th character added and although i would like Jonas to return, he made a good replacement for Daniel but i couldn't see him being a replacement for Jack.

i would prefer to see Jacks Clone, Grogan or Satterfield (Hailey is like a mini Carter so it would be similar to Jonas and Daniel), Major Davies or even Cassandra Fraser. i could easily see Cassandra signing up, the Goa'uld killed her real family and the rest of her people and now they killed her adoptive mother. having a character who wants to kill the Goa'uld and Jaffa would be an interesting twist to the show IMO

sigpic

Comment

Nobody could replace good old Jack, it would be interesting to see the 'team' being 'super' extra smart with Jonas, haha... But i want to give Carter a chance to be a leader, even though it may turn out weird or something.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
          Nobody could replace good old Jack
          The same was said about Daniel, but I thought Jonas did a pretty good job.

Still, I agree that bringing Jonas back for that wouldn't be a good idea. A) He's even less of a military leader than Sam and B) It would seal his fate as a "fill-in-the-blank" character. He wouldn't be Jonas, he'd just be the guy they bring in to replace the guy who isn't there. What fun is that? What chance of growth is there? None. Especially not if TPTB continue their recent trend of character entropy.

Comment

The writers seem to have enough trouble writing for the 3 full time characters they have now, the last thing they need is a 4th regular character. If they really need something done outside the team's expertise for an episode, just bring in a guest character.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              The same was said about Daniel, but I thought Jonas did a pretty good job.

Still, I agree that bringing Jonas back for that wouldn't be a good idea. A) He's even less of a military leader than Sam and B) It would seal his fate as a "fill-in-the-blank" character. He wouldn't be Jonas, he'd just be the guy they bring in to replace the guy who isn't there. What fun is that? What chance of growth is there? None. Especially not if TPTB continue their recent trend of character entropy.
              I wouldn't say he replaced Daniel, but yah... I don't know, i don't really care, i just want him to least come every now and then. ALSO, 'less military leader' than Sam, who said he was there to be the leader?
              Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 09 May 2004, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                I wouldn't say he replaced Daniel, but yah... I don't know, i don't really care, i just want him to least come every now and then.
                Me too. I just wish I thought there was a chance of seeing him- REALLY seeing him- again.

Comment

Yes, i agree

Comment

I think Walkalski Should come back from the dead and Join SG1.
                    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

You mean Kawalsky? Wouldn't mind the idea in theory but unless you're going to get him from an AU you're going to have to come up with a more realistic option.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Kawalsky would actually be a good choice. like Apophis, being dead hasn't stopped him from popping back up occasionally but off course it would need to be his AU version but since the original is dead there is nothing going to stop him from being pulled apart.

in the s8 index on the main site, J. Mallozzi said they were kicking around a lot of AU ideas for series 8. i could see it being done

sigpic

Comment

What about Ferretti? His fate's unknown. Last we saw, he was in command of his own SG team. Maybe his team gets wiped out and he could take over for O'Neill.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            What about Ferretti? His fate's unknown. Last we saw, he was in command of his own SG team. Maybe his team gets wiped out and he could take over for O'Neill.
                            Hey! You leave SG-7 alone. You don't see me pitching a tragic massacre in the commissary, do you?
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              Hey! You leave SG-7 alone. You don't see me pitching a tragic massacre in the commissary, do you?
                              Oh, well, ex-squeeze me, I'm sure!

Gimme some time, I'll think of someone.

They could always bump Major Murphy up to Colonel and put him in charge. I mean, just 'cause SG-11 keeps dying, it isn't MURPHY's fault, is it?

Or does someone already have Murphy's Law series?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                                Don't be silly; Maybourne's a Tok'ra!
                                Well, and not only that, old Harry would just sit around and poach everyone else's hot dogs anyway...
                                By the way, love the quote, fellow Browncoat.

Comment

Working...
                                X