Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would have liked a fourth member, like the man said to make it more fluidic, hay if by some miricle there is an s9 they might add one before the end of s8

Comment

What I'd heard was that they were going to have a new Colnel to start with but Jack and he didn't get on and new team didn't gel. As a result - Jack decides not to bother with a new CO and just have Sam promoted to LT Col.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
        Personally I don't actually want Jonas back full time. I'm thinking more of a "And Corin Nemec as Jonas Quinn" style roll like Teryl used to have. I think if they're again building to a movie, maybe having him come back for the last quarter of the Season would be good, so there can be a legitimate reason for him being in the movie.
        I agree. A recurring character role (say 6 episodes or so) would work, they could develop a story arc that utilized his personal arc introduced in Metamorphosis or introduce a completely new arc that might tie into a future movie. Bringing him back to be a regular on SG-1 probably isn't feasible at this point, if nothing else because they're already crunched on the budget anyway.

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
        And it's about this point I stop taking these wonderful drugs I'm on, as I know that'll never happen...
        Nope, I think the recurring character idea is DOA. Corin has made a couple of recent appearances at cons and he's had no contact with TPTB. Of course they're still planning for the last half of the season so there's still time for a guest shot or two.
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
          Of course they're still planning for the last half of the season so there's still time for a guest shot or two.
          Yeah, right. And I'll be appearing as the goa'uld Ma'at.

It ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Yeah, right. And I'll be appearing as the goa'uld Ma'at.

It ain't gonna happen.

O.k. but if they do bring Jonas back in the second half of the season I want to see a picture of you in full Gou'ald get up posted here along with the name of the episode that you'll be appearing in.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
              O.k. but if they do bring Jonas back in the second half of the season I want to see a picture of you in full Gou'ald get up posted here along with the name of the episode that you'll be appearing in.
              OK, but I warn you, with my luck my scenes will be cut out of the final ep due to time constraints.

And Jonas has to have more than just a token appearance in one ep. He has to have a multi-ep arc.
              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 09 May 2004, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Jonas Recurring would be so great. I would love some more jonas/sam and jonas/daniel scenes, and i totally loved jonas/teal'c scenes.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  The SPOILERS say that SG-1 will likely become a 3-person team with Carter in command. I wish that TPTB would consider adding a new, young Lieutenant to the team, so we can watch their development throughout the season. It could be the catalyst to making Stargate SG-1 more of a fluid show, allowing characters come and go, without having to cancel it.

This formula works well with shows like "Law & Order" and "ER" and I see no reason why it couldn't work for SG-1. In real life military teams change...there's no reason to believe they can't make that work for SG-1. It worked with Jonas.
                  Because Stargate has never been ER or L&O. On the latter show, the characters have never been anything more than ciphers. Viewers know essentially nothing about them; the stories have always been everything. So, it didn't matter if you moved characters in and out. With ER, the pool of characters has always been much larger--meaning that viewer preferences were more widespread--and they weren't a "team", as SG-1 is. So, you could move one in and one out without losing the rhythm and without really disrupting the dynamic.

On SG-1, it was the four major players that pulled people in as much as the stories. If we are finally seeing the end of that, well, it's time to put the show to bed before it becomes a shadow of itself.

J.
                  "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                    If we are finally seeing the end of that, well, it's time to put the show to bed before it becomes a shadow of itself.
                    Excuse me?? And exactly what is wrong with shadows, if I may ask??

My opinion is that it's a pathetically lame excuse. The need for a "balanced" team was the reason that Jonas was brought in during S6. Granted, with Daniel back the team has its "socio-political geek", but what it's going to be missing now is a seasoned leader. Don't get me wrong, I love Carter (or did before S7) and I'd like to see her try her hand at leading, but she's still more of a scientist than a military leader and especially after this past season I question her ability to make the kind of cool, logical, unemotional decisions she's going to have to make. The kind that Jack routinely made.

The team is still going to be unbalanced. What worked well in occasional eps is not, IMO, going to work in the long run. Only now it's okay that there's only three because gods forbid they should mess with The Team. *sigh* Just insert a particularly scathing and sarcastic diatribe here about what "Team" means and what happens when "outsiders" are brought into The Team and how much love, respect and attention to detail TPTB are known to give to such "superfluous" characters. And did I mention sarcasm?

Oh, and let's not forget that the four-member-team BS is also part of the reason Jonas couldn't stick around. He was superfluous AND one too many. Now they're gonna have one too few, but that... THAT'S OK.

Comment

I still would enjoy Jonas returning for a few episodes throughout next season.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                        I still would enjoy Jonas returning for a few episodes throughout next season.
                        I think a lot of us would like to see Jonas again. Certainly not everyone, but likely a lot more than TPTB are willing to admit.

Comment

Excuse me?? And exactly what is wrong with shadows, if I may ask??
                          I've tried and tried, but I could never catch one

but what it's going to be missing now is a seasoned leader. Don't get me wrong, I love Carter (or did before S7) and I'd like to see her try her hand at leading, but she's still more of a scientist than a military leader and especially after this past season I question her ability to make the kind of cool, logical, unemotional decisions she's going to have to make. The kind that Jack routinely made.
                          I agree. What I'm hoping for is an episode where the team gets into some situation and Sam makes a bad call, one where things go horribly wrong and she actually messes up and has to deal with it. THAT could be a great episode.
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                            I've tried and tried, but I could never catch one
                            That just means we're smarter and faster than you.

I'd like to see the team screw up royally and have to deal with the consequences, but I'm wary of having Carter be to "blame" for it because there are a lot of Carter-bashing folks out there who would jump for joy at having "proof" that Sam sucks and can't lead the team. They'd villify her worse than ever.

Comment

I'd like to see the team screw up royally and have to deal with the consequences, but I'm wary of having Carter be to "blame" for it because there are a lot of Carter-bashing folks out there who would jump for joy at having "proof" that Sam sucks and can't lead the team. They'd villify her worse than ever.
                              Hadn't thought of that...

Maybe if they made it a series of mistakes, where each member had some responsibility to the final negative outcome... It might make a good two parter...
                              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

That kind of episode would be perfect for character development, and i love character developing episodes

Comment

Working...
                                X