Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awakening, Parts One and Two (101 & 102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's great to see some new readers checking out the series lately. I'm glad you liked the pilot, Ted. I think Chase's way of talking becomes more BBish as the series goes on - over time you get a better take on not only the characters' voices but also the actors of the virtual cast that you're writing for.

There's a concept drawing of the Valiant which can be found right here. The CG model is still a work in progress, but hopefully we'll be able to release it soon. Unfortunately there aren't too many images available just yet - the Horizon model is still being worked on as well. Unfortunately the designer working on it was having some trouble finding enough time for it, which has slowed things down. But, hopefully we'll be able to release it soon. I'll just say, once it's all ready it will, hopefully, have been worth the wait.

I'm looking forward to seeing your reactions to the episodes as you read more of the series.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

This is the only episode I got all the way through
      Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

I listened to the audio comentary of Home Front and it sparked a slightly greater interestin in reading the series. Ya don't plan on doing any more comentaries do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Beckett
          I listened to the audio comentary of Home Front and it sparked a slightly greater interestin in reading the series. Ya don't plan on doing any more comentaries do you?
          I'd actually love to do more comentaries once I get the time.

And, yes, if I may offer my opinion... neither the pilot nor the early episodes are really anything like what the show is today. We've come a very long way.

Comment

I just found this last night and its pretty awesome i do have a question however why is the Valiant NX-04 when the Daedealus is X-04? (as i understand it Daedaulus was commissoned before Valiant making it X-04 not 05)

X-01 - failed model where Gould programming took over sending it to a Gould world
            X-02 - sucessful model in turn used as X-04 (Daedealus) fighters in Stargate Atlantis
            X-03 - Prometheus

And how is the Valiant using Naquadriah as the fuel source isn't that stuff highly unstable?
            Last edited by Lightbane; 14 April 2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane
              I just found this last night and its pretty awesome i do have a question however why is the Valiant NX-04 when the Daedealus is X-04? (as i understand it Daedaulus was commissoned before Valiant making it X-04 not 05)

X-01 - failed model where Gould programming took over sending it to a Gould world
              X-02 - sucessful model in turn used as X-04 (Daedealus) fighters in Stargate Atlantis
              X-03 - Prometheus

And how is the Valiant using Naquadriah as the fuel source isn't that stuff highly unstable?
              Hey,

I'm glad you liked it. Seems you'll have lots of episodes to catch up on.

The Valiant's designation is actually X-04. The Daedalus is an X-304, I believe. The reason the Valiant has a different designation is that it's not a battle cruiser - it's a completely different ship type, and much smaller with only nine decks. The X indicates that it's a prototype.

This is also the reason the ship's name doesn't follow the tradition of being based on Greek mythology. I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that at a later point in the series, we'll see some other battle cruisers. And they'll follow the familiar tradition when it comes to their names and their designations.

And the Valiant doesn't use Naquadria directly as a fuel source. There was a mention of something called "Naquadria Relais", which of course was developed from further research with Naquadria. But it's important to keep in mind that this is seven years into the future.

Feel free to post your comments and/or reviews on each of the episodes as you read them.

Comment

Yeah i see that i heard about in Season 9 of SG-1 they were working with the Asgard/Tok'ra trying to stablize Naquadria as a fuel source thanks for that

Comment

acually i thought i read that the Prometheus was the prototype X-303 and the Deadalus was the "production model" as it were for the BC-303 class spacecraft

Comment

Yeah..it's stupid and confusing because thats what I thought of it, until they called the Oddysesy a 304.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

dont remember that part...damn. let the headache begin

Comment

The Deady was a 303 in S8 and then they called the Oddy a 304 in S9...make their minds up.
                        sigpic

Comment

and as far as i remember in the beginning of s2 for atlantis either mccay or caldwell even said that the deady was a x-303 variant

Comment

Anyway, what did you think of the episode?
                            sigpic

Comment

i liked it, read it a while back and got lazy diddnt read anything else, but with all my newfound sparetime i got into Destiny (read all 10 eps) then figured id give horizon another go. good stuff all around. im on...collision, i believe

Comment

I've only read this twice. Long episode. You should post on the Destiny forums man, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the episodes - As would Alex and the crew love to hear your thoughts on these episodes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X