Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awakening, Parts One and Two (101 & 102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you like the show! I agree with some of your Enterprise points, it was sort of noticeable in "Awakening." It has quelled a lot since then though, and believe me, with me on staff now, a spelling error cannot slip by.
    Rocky

Comment

Did they just rip off the name Draque from B5?

Comment

Originally posted by SeaQuestGateDSV-1
        Did they just rip off the name Draque from B5?
        Nope. They didn't.

The name Draque has nothing to do with Babylon 5. All I've seen of Babylon 5 was maybe a handful of episodes of Season Four. Since I had never seen it before, I had no clue what was going on, and because of that never really seriously watched it; but from what I have seen, and from what I've heard from a lot of people, it's great, and I plan to catch up on it on DVD eventually.

However, Draque is pronounced very similiar to the name "Drake." If I'm not completely mistaken, the name on Babylon 5 is pronounced very differently.

If I need inspirations for alien names (and often you're looking for new and unique alien names in every new episode you're doing), I actually tend to look up exotic foreign names every now and then; amazing what you can find there.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Ye, its pronouced like Drak-we isnt it? And as for the enterprise points, noticed every single of one of them, but as the series developed, it soon gained its own difference.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            Ye, its pronouced like Drak-we isnt it? And as for the enterprise points, noticed every single of one of them, but as the series developed, it soon gained its own difference.
            The Draque? It's pronounced like the name, just a bit differently. Oddly enough that particular name was the inspiration. I'm sure I mentioned the Draque at least on one of the audio commentaries. The commentaries should give people an idea of how certain things are pronounced.

With regard to similarities in general, I think the show over the course of its first season did some things that I think haven't been done before. As I've mentioned before, this whole thing came together in quite an unusual way. Eventually I should tell that story in more detail, but suffice it to say initially there weren't any plans for ever publishing it. Funny actually, considering where we are now.

Season Two will kick off some new and I think unique storylines that haven't been done on Stargate before. There'll be more of a classic Stargate feel, while at the same time a certain uniqueness with regard to at least one of the new storylines which will have an affect on the entire season.

Comment

i liked but was i the only one to see the ds9 similarity a human crew on an alien space station working with a partly alien crew defending a gateway to another universe

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
                i liked but was i the only one to see the ds9 similarity a human crew on an alien space station working with a partly alien crew defending a gateway to another universe
                I believe there are quite a few that noticed that.

Comment

yeh in thought so but it hasnt been mentioned in this thread

Comment

Hi guys. This is my 1st post over here and I couldn't have picked a better thread then this one to move past the big zero! Wow this pilot was as good as the SG: Atlantis pilot (and I am a HUGE fan of SGA). I had known about SGH for about 2 weeks now but I wasn't at first sold on it because I found out that it was in screenplay format and not in prose; I thought that this format would end up slowing down the pace of things. Well I went on over to SGH's forums and browsed a lot of posts, sampled the incredible tunes of Magnus Ringblom and finally took the plunge and downloaded the pilot. I felt a bit awkward reading the first 5 pages because reading all of the "notes" and "comments" in between the actual story just seemed "unnatural." Well, I persisted and 6 pages later I was hooked! Needles to say I re-read the previous pages and it just seemed so natural and fluid. I mean once I had gotten used to the format I was racing through the pilot. I finished the first 3 episodes in only a couple of hours. Although Season 2 premiers in a few days (and I have 19+ episodes to catch up with!) I feel really lucky that I waited so long to start SGH. I mean now, us "newcomers" have the photos of the cast (in a SGH thread. This really helped me to visualize the characters and their personalities), the awesome Draque and Main themes (which totally fit their respective roles. These helped to "feel" the show) and the tons and tons of great posts to guide us along. All in all this is a fantastic show this is really really well done. The format is superb, and the extra "goodies" are really cool. What I am trying to say is that if anyone out there is doubting either this show's delivery format or content I seriously urge them to put them aside, download the pilot and the music and get ready for an awesome show that will really pull you in. Phew that was one bloody big post, hehehe! Cheers guys for this great show. Bye
                    Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                    ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                    <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

A great pilot episdoe! It's original and fresh and a great opening for the series. By far the best Stargate fan series out there!

timdalton007

Comment

Wow!! what a great pilot. I didn't even know this series was even out there until I found this message board a couple days ago and wondered what SG-Horizons was. Read the pilot and now I'm hooked.
                        Have A Nice Freakin Day!

Comment

Always nice to meet another Horizon fan.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by McKay_help_us
                            Wow!! what a great pilot. I didn't even know this series was even out there until I found this message board a couple days ago and wondered what SG-Horizons was. Read the pilot and now I'm hooked.
                            Glad you liked it. I hope you'll stick with it, because we've definitely come a long way since the early days of the series. Of course I don't want to give away any kinds of spoilers.

That's a great forum user name, by the way.

Comment

Well it took me a couple of days but i finally finished reading the pilot. I have to say it was pretty well written and aside from the likeness to the Enterprise pilot it had a lot of original parts too. Most of time when i was reading Chase's parts i kept thinking of Trip from enterprise. Though after seening BB on SG-1and on Farscape i can somewhat picture him in Horizion.

I don't wanna nitpick here but i found some of the typos to be a bit confusing while i was reading it. Thats not ta say it wasn't a good read at all. I look forward to reading the rest of the episodes when i get the time.

Btw, ya wouldn't happen to have like a rough sketch of what the Valiant or Horizion looks like do you? I'd very much like ta see what they look like in the mind of the writer.

Comment

Oh one more thing, great job using Keifer Sutherland and Carlos Bernard from "24". While it's kinda hard to picture Keifer in a show about Stargate i thought made a pretty good fit to the charater.

Comment

Working...
                                X