Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cyced View Post
    This is possibly the vaguest help me find a fic request I've ever made- Sam and Jack are acting weird after Daniel de ascends and Sam explains that she and him were accidentally dating while Daniel was gone and they hadn't realised it and that is all I remember.
    Im betting no one is going to remember this from such a terrible description but thought I'd give it a lash. Thanks all!
    Is it, perhaps, Cause a Day Can Get So Long by missparker?
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

This is possibly the vaguest help me find a fic request I've ever made- Sam and Jack are acting weird after Daniel de ascends and Sam explains that she and him were accidentally dating while Daniel was gone and they hadn't realised it and that is all I remember.
      Im betting no one is going to remember this from such a terrible description but thought I'd give it a lash. Thanks all!
      I've read that one, but I'm terrible with author names and titles (unless they made a real impression). Sam and Jack were hanging out a lot together after Daniel ascended and until someone (Janet?) pointed it out, neither of them had realized they were actually sort of dating. Just without the romance, I think. Right?
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
        Is it, perhaps, Cause a Day Can Get So Long by missparker?
        i just finished this fic. gawd, it's so well written! i wish i could write like this.

*shippy and sam sighs*
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm just nuts for missparker. She's got a gift.

Comment

I'm just nuts for missparker. She's got a gift.
            Hasn't she also written some RPF?
            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I'm trying to remember the title of a fic I read some time ago. It is M rated. I think it was on AO3.
              Sam and Jack spend some time together at the cabin but before leaving they have a huge fight. A misunderstanding about how to handle their relationship and their careers. So they go to separate ways. They meet again when Sam comes back from Atlantis cuz they want to buy the same house. It's super angsty.
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                Hasn't she also written some RPF?
                Yes, one about Amanda Tapping and Robin Dunne having an affair during one of their cons... I went into it blindly and totally unfamiliar with what RPF meant - I couldn't find the backbutton fast enough! Since then I've been wary about reading her stuff.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  Yes, one about Amanda Tapping and Robin Dunne having an affair during one of their cons... I went into it blindly and totally unfamiliar with what RPF meant - I couldn't find the backbutton fast enough! Since then I've been wary about reading her stuff.
                  Oh see no - this is where I think it crosses a line. I don't like those kinda fics. It's just wrong and IMHO disrespectful to the actors and those who read ff.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Eh, I don't care about RPF either way, really. But I can assure you the Stargate fic isn't RPF-y at all.

Comment

Eh, I don't care about RPF either way, really. But I can assure you the Stargate fic isn't RPF-y at all.
                      I'm with Amara on this one. She writes the RPF stuff under a different pen name if I'm not mistaken? Yeah, I just don't pay any attention to that - so much of her Stargate stuff is amazing.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                        I'm with Amara on this one. She writes the RPF stuff under a different pen name if I'm not mistaken? Yeah, I just don't pay any attention to that - so much of her Stargate stuff is amazing.
                        The title of missparker85's fic is "Meanwhile, The World Goes On" and it's on ff.net under missparker85
                        It has Alan and Olivia in it too. It's a no go zone for me.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          The title of missparker85's fic is "Meanwhile, The World Goes On" and it's on ff.net under missparker85
                          But it's clearly marked as Amanda/Robin RPF so it's not like you're going to fall into it thinking you're getting Stargate fic...

Comment

Thanks Amara, it isn't that one but that was a great read on to itself. I'm not a fan of the real people fic thing either but I do love Missparker's AU's. She always leaves me wishing there was another couple of chapters

Comment

But it's clearly marked as Amanda/Robin RPF so it's not like you're going to fall into it thinking you're getting Stargate fic...
                              True. But it still crosses a line. Of course that's just my personal opinion. I don't think it's a good thing to write those kind of fics about real people especially when it also includes their family members.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                Ah, it's just AO3 then that has the different pen name. But yeah, I just stay away from the stuff that's clearly marked RPF because I don't like it either.

Yes.

Thanks Amara, it isn't that one but that was a great read on to itself. I'm not a fan of the real people fic thing either but I do love Missparker's AU's. She always leaves me wishing there was another couple of chapters
                                Agreed!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Working...
                                X