Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    There's one I'm thinking of, but I don't remember there being anything about the black widow curse. It's one I think Sky wrote where Sam is injured and "dies", and the guys decide they will have to come back for her body. It turns out the planet or something in it doesn't want any of them there and tosses them all back to the foot of the gate, including Sam, who turns out not to be dead, after all. I doubt this is the one, but the description reminded me of it.

Is this the one with Teal'c and the morphine? And once she's alive again there's some angst with the fall out? I remember that one, but as I understood it there was some kind of resident entity that revived Sam, not the planet itself...

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      Is this the one with Teal'c and the morphine? And once she's alive again there's some angst with the fall out? I remember that one, but as I understood it there was some kind of resident entity that revived Sam, not the planet itself...
      Yep. That's why I said I wasn't sure it was the one being looked for. I don't think I've read anything like the story requested.

Comment

Okay, well I don't remember the name, but I do know which archive I can find it on. I'm sure I'll be able to locate it and report back. We'll see if it's what Chelle's looking for...

Though the more I think about it, the threat in this fic is not the weather, but some kind of sand-shark, right? I don't think it's the one, but we'll see...

Comment

Okay, well I don't remember the name, but I do know which archive I can find it on. I'm sure I'll be able to locate it and report back. We'll see if it's what Chelle's looking for...

Though the more I think about it, the threat in this fic is not the weather, but some kind of sand-shark, right? I don't think it's the one, but we'll see...
          Sand shark, you say. That rings a few dim bells.

Comment

the land shark, shamelessly stolen from Hercules the Legendary Journeys, is this one

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/drama/loyalty.htm

I just happened to put this one on Ao3 in the last couple of days (since the issues with jackfic I've been working on putting my fic there, i just have so many of them it'll take me months)
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
              That third one is the one I think Chelle is looking for too. I know I've read it and I'm looking for it!

Another one is the one where Sam's off world with another SG team and is a long way away from the gate when Hurricane weather hits. The rest of the team finally has to escape through the gate because Sam hasn't made it back yet. She holes up in a tomb of some kind. Jack insists on going to the planet to rescue her and eventually finds her by way of her yellow slicker she'd used to flag her location. They bunk down to wait out the worst of the weather and then things heat up.
              This one is Distant Storms by Karibou. It's rated M so here is author page.
              http://www.fanfiction.net/u/645548/Karibou

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post

I should have known. I was thinking of that one, but then kept thinking maybe it wasn't. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                  I remember a different fic, though, where something happens and Sam has to hike back to the gate alone and Daniel and Teal'c stay with Jack because Sam's being punished for the mistake she made. I remember Deadly Legacy too (just reread it, as a matter of fact), and I think Chelle's looking for a different fic.
                  Is this it, Chelle DB?
                  Sorry, I missed your post last night but yes, it's Second Chance by Sally Reeve.

I am so sorry for confusing anyone - I was totally convinced it wasn't Second Chance but it actually was.
                  Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  There's one I'm thinking of, but I don't remember there being anything about the black widow curse. It's one I think Sky wrote where Sam is injured and "dies", and the guys decide they will have to come back for her body. It turns out the planet or something in it doesn't want any of them there and tosses them all back to the foot of the gate, including Sam, who turns out not to be dead, after all. I doubt this is the one, but the description reminded me of it.
                  Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  the land shark, shamelessly stolen from Hercules the Legendary Journeys, is this one
                  http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/drama/loyalty.htm
                  I just happened to put this one on Ao3 in the last couple of days (since the issues with jackfic I've been working on putting my fic there, i just have so many of them it'll take me months)
                  Loyaltys Betrayal - great fic but this is still not the other fic I'm looking for.

I recall Sam laying in the cave while the storm gets worse and the team had tried to build a travois out of branches they cut from the trees but couldn't make it to the gate because the storm was getting worse. When back in the cave, the actual planet had reached out and covered Sam, healing her. They then learn how they harmed the planet by cutting the trees to make fire & the travois but eventually the planet frees them.
                  Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  Thanks for the link.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    Sorry, I missed your post last night but yes, it's Second Chance by Sally Reeve.

My pleasure. I'm just glad you were able to find what you were looking for! To me, there's little as frustrating as wanting to find a fic but not being able to.
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

For some reason all this talk has reminded me of Seven Days by Dietcokechic.
                      sigpic
                      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                        One of my favorites. Along with the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                          That one is on my favorites list!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Speaking of Sam left behind/bad weather fics has reminded me of this awesome great epic

Paradise Bound

by Akamaimom

Due to a torrential downpour, Sam is separated from the team in a tropical, Hawaii-like setting with natives who could be the descendents of people from that fair isle. But all is not as it seems. The local Gou'ald is the "god of swine" and....you'll just have to read it for the rest.

It is epic, awesome and also has a sequel.

p.s.Sam gets to kick butt! hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                              Speaking of Sam left behind/bad weather fics has reminded me of this awesome great epic

Paradise Bound

by Akamaimom

Due to a torrential downpour, Sam is separated from the team in a tropical, Hawaii-like setting with natives who could be the descendents of people from that fair isle. But all is not as it seems. The local Gou'ald is the "god of swine" and....you'll just have to read it for the rest.

Everything by Akamaimom is pretty awesome reading! I especially love her Team Building series. Check out all her other fics, too!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post

Paradise Bound

by Akamaimom

Everything by Akamaimom is pretty awesome reading! I especially love her Team Building series. Check out all her other fics, too!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X